Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

11 minutes ago, dog said:

It really wasn’t and still isn’t clear for those who purchased before December 14 th, as myself and another poster were told the same as caribill has said.  Princess reps on the phone and others posting conflicting information.

once it shows in their booking( not in ads) they are most likely getting the $15 limit.

The answerto question 2 clearly states that only the new elements of the Plus package will not be available to you (desserts and keep fit) if you do not pay the extra cost. Screenshot_20221216-145038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3a3876cbfb66716c1526cbec7a6285fb.jpg

4 hours ago, caribill said:

You purchased a package that covered beverages up to $12 for when you were on the cruise. Specific beverages were not promised.

It is the same as if you had looked at the dining room menus before you booked and said you really liked the items on the menus.

When you cruise, the menus could be completely different. What you paid for is dining in the main dining rooms, not specific items on the menus.

I think that the analogy is more nuanced. It’s not the specific dish that counts but rather the style of the dish. If at the time you do your research the MDR is serving New York Strip and Halibut, but when you dine you are offered Filet Mignon and Sea Bass, I don’t think you have any basis to complain. The style of the menu is comparable. But if at the time you cruise the menu you are presented has Hamburger and Fish Sticks included, and New York Strip and Halibut for a $10 upcharge, your complaint would be justified. 

With wine, you may not have an inalienable right to Rombauer Chardonnay, but if that was the $12 wine included in Plus at the time you booked, something comparable should be offered. Beringer. Silverado. Chalk Hill. Sterling.  To get on board and be told: “We have no idea what you will be getting but for $3 more you can have Rombauer, Silverado, Chalk Hill or Sterling” is, to me, unfair.  Your MDR analogy assumes that dishes change and over time drop off the menu completely, and you are of course correct. But the situation here is that the dish (or wine) is in fact available. But instead of it being part of your package as it appeared to be when you booked, it is now an upcharge item. Those are very different situations. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, dog said:

True, now people are seeing their Travel Summary Updated to show this.

This is what all my travel summaries show. My travel summaries have never listed what the Plus package includes…only that I have the Plus package.  The only place my bookings show the $15 included is when I try to upgrade in the Payments section of my Personalizer. 

My apologies if I missed it, but did someone actually post a screenshot of their travel summary that showed the price of the drinks included?  Thanks 😀

5AD56A93-4A7C-4654-92A0-6A99F6BAAA1B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This is what all my travel summaries show. My travel summaries have never listed what the Plus package includes…only that I have the Plus package.  The only place my bookings show the $15 included is when I try to upgrade in the Payments section of my Personalizer. 

My apologies if I missed it, but did someone actually post a screenshot of their travel summary that showed the price of the drinks included?  Thanks 😀

This is what shows under ny "Onboard services"   what does the 75/85 mean?
image.png.ca7c180ff26cfabb9601e970a63601dc.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

You have the Plus Beverage Package. Princess tell you exactly what you get with the Plus Package.

Plus Beverage Package

Our Plus Beverage Package includes the classics: sodas, Speciality coffees and teas, cocktails, wine and beer up to $15 each. Even hot chocolate, smoothies and water to go. Whatever you want – with tips included!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gah_cruise said:

This is what shows under ny "Onboard services"   what does the 75/85 mean?
image.png.ca7c180ff26cfabb9601e970a63601dc.png

I’m not sure what yours means. Mine has a dash 50 which probably refers to the $50 rate I paid. 

@wowzzi understand what the package includes. I was asking @dogif someone had actually posted a screen shot of the travel summary showing the $15 drinks price as they have posted several times that this is now in our travel summaries. It is not in my travel summary so was wondering if this is a vocabulary error on @dogpart or if indeed some people have a travel summary listing drink price limits. 

12F17AAC-5CA2-4FE3-8D90-343380F71BF0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

someone had actually posted a screen shot of the travel summary showing the $15 drinks price as they have posted several times that this is now in our travel summaries. It is not in my travel summary

It's not in my travel summary either. Just shows "Plus Beverage Package - 50" like yours. I am not aware that the actual drink price limit has ever been shown, even when it was $12.

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, in theory, Princess could increase the cost of every drink, bar three, to over 12usd, and could claim that they were abiding by the package ! 

They could, but they will not even consider doing what you suggest.  Are you really serious?

14 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’m not sure what yours means. Mine has a dash 50 which probably refers to the $50 rate I paid. 

@wowzzi understand what the package includes. I was asking @dogif someone had actually posted a screen shot of the travel summary showing the $15 drinks price as they have posted several times that this is now in our travel summaries. It is not in my travel summary so was wondering if this is a vocabulary error on @dogpart or if indeed some people have a travel summary listing drink price limits. 

12F17AAC-5CA2-4FE3-8D90-343380F71BF0.jpeg

Hit the upgrade button and you will see this which clearly includes drinks up to $15.  Although it is specifically stated it also includes the internet (even though it costs more now) and the crew appreciation ( has also increased for new bookings)

81B2DF69-7DEA-45C3-B016-8E6486D64587.png

EC8DA59D-4F08-473D-8069-0912EB76867D.png

0E40E130-FFFA-4D4F-A6E9-E8ABD50C442B.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I embark on 1/17/23 and I report my experience. I am not concerned about it.  I have not problem trusting Princess and they have been more than fair IMO.

I apologize for all my typing errors.  I will report my experience on board.  I have no problem trusting Princess.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Hit the upgrade button and you will see this which clearly includes drinks up to $15.  Although it is specifically stated it also includes the internet (even though it costs more now) and the crew appreciation ( has also increased for new bookings)

81B2DF69-7DEA-45C3-B016-8E6486D64587.png

EC8DA59D-4F08-473D-8069-0912EB76867D.png

0E40E130-FFFA-4D4F-A6E9-E8ABD50C442B.png

Thanks but as I originally posted I am able to see this and am aware of it. I was simply wondering if what @dogsaid is true. Are there people  with travel summaries showing the drink price limits?  

As @wowzzand I have posted we have not had this on our travel summaries in the past and I currently do not have it on any of my 8 upcoming booked cruises. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

11 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thanks but as I originally posted I am able to see this and a, aware of it. I was simply wondering if what @dogsaid is true. Are there people  with travel summaries showing the drink price limits?  

As @wowzzand I have posted we have not had this on our travel summaries in the past and I currently do not have it on any of my 8 upcoming booked cruises. 

You do not have what I just posted on your on line Princess booking?  This is why I posted three pictures indicated to get to the information on your booking. There are not in order.  Photo 2 (click On Board Reservation), then Photo 2 (click on upgrade now), and you will see the statement that your current bookings includes these items (including $15 limit) and which items are not included.

Is this what you are trying to find for your booking or are you asking for something else?

Are  you saying that none of your bookings have this information?

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

I really doubt they will be able to handle 2 different plus packages at the bars. When I ask which vodkas or bourbons are included in the package they always had them grouped at the bar. I have 6 cruises booked from March 23 to October 24 and only the Ictiber shows a price others all show plus beverage package

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The only place my bookings show the $15 included is when I try to upgrade in the Payments section of my Personalizer. 

48 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

You do not have what I just posted on your on line Princess booking?  This is why I posted three pictures indicated to get to the information on your booking. There are not in order.  Photo 2 (click On Board Reservation), then Photo 2 (click on upgrade now), and you will see the statement that your current bookings includes these items (including $15 limit) and which items are not included.

Is this what you are trying to find for your booking or are you asking for something else?

Are  you saying that none of your bookings have this information?

Thank you for trying to be helpful. As you see in my original post I am aware of how to get to the upgrade option that shows this. However this is not what I was asking about. I am simply trying to find out if @dog‘s post about the travel summary listing drink limits is true or not. The travel summary is a completely different document as I’m sure you are aware. And it’s been posted several times that the drink limits are printed on this document. 

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thank you for trying to be helpful. As you see in my original post I am aware of how to get to the upgrade option that shows this. However this is not what I was asking about. I am simply trying to find out if @dog‘s post about the travel summary listing drink limits is true or not. The travel summary is a completely different document as I’m sure you are aware. And it’s been posted several times that the drink limits are printed on this document. 

Exiting this topic.

I do not have these packages- just tried to help get clarification for my friend who is sitting on the fence about purchasing it.

My apologies for mentioning Travel Summary, Payments etc.

jagoffee is a much better source to give you answers.

33 minutes ago, dog said:

Exiting this topic.

I do not have these packages- just tried to help get clarification for my friend who is sitting on the fence about purchasing it.

My apologies for mentioning Travel Summary, Payments etc.

jagoffee is a much better source to give you answers.

No problem. I was hoping there was a post of a travel summary showing the $15 limit. I like others have been told by my CVP that my limit would be $12 even after Feb 20th. 

Thanks so much for letting me know. Much appreciated. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

On 12/15/2022 at 7:23 AM, Happiest when cruising said:

I feel it’s a little like purchasing a restaurant gift card, looking at the restaurant menu online, going a month later and expecting the prices to be the same.  
I hope they do adjust it for everyone, but I wouldn’t count on it, since everyone had the opportunity to upgrade.
Your cruise will still be great.

We don’t bother purchasing our fare with the packages, we just pay as we go, take advantage of the discount on wifi and pay the gratuities… another increase, but one I’m happy to pay. I just wish Princess would announce that they also have increased the crew pay to go along with the one we are giving them.. but that’s for another post. 

It's actually more like after purchasing a plane ticket for $500 and a month later they raise the price for the flight to $600, no way are they going to tell people they can't have the flight that they purchased if they don't pay an additional $100. There are laws to protect consumers from predatory cost increases called "Bait And Switch" laws.

That happened in our local community a few years ago when a high demand holiday event was sold for a published $50 price. Two weeks before the event, the company was taken over by new owners who demanded an additional $15 for entrance into the event. They were served with a class action lawsuit a few weeks later and had to refund every ticker purchaser who paid the additional fee, as well as the full price of the tickets of people who didn't attend due to the extortion pricing. The company was also forced to pay the county a six digit fine for their bait and switch nonsense. 

Edited by sloopsailor

On 12/15/2022 at 3:07 PM, wowzz said:

But, even so, on a 14 night cruise,  they will only have to pay an extra $140 because of their prevarication. Not exactly a big deal, in the scale of things.

I'm not so sure that it's not exactly a bid deal. Have you seen the outrage from some in the US over having to pay a measly $10 to get the Medallion device mailed if they wanted it before arriving? The way some people go on, it's like the most outrageous thing they have ever had to endure. And that is only $10 total, which includes everyone in that cabin.

Edited by sloopsailor

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

No problem. I was hoping there was a post of a travel summary showing the $15 limit. I like others have been told by my CVP that my limit would be $12 even after Feb 20th. 

And as many of us have posted, with screen shots as evidence, your CVP is totally wrong.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, in theory, Princess could increase the cost of every drink, bar three, to over 12usd, and could claim that they were abiding by the package ! 

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

They could, but they will not even consider doing what you suggest.  Are you really serious?

At $50, the Plus package was advertised as including X varieties of liquor, Y varieties of wine, and Z varieties of beer.  Y varieties of wine included all the basic varietals (i.e., the MDR wine menu that showed the Plus wines only by varietal, not the actual brand).

It's pretty obvious they're raising the Plus limit to $15 because they plan on increasing drink prices, not because they want to include more variety at the Plus level.  Let's say they increase drink prices but leave the Plus limit at $12 if you paid $50, and now all you can get for $12 is a Chardonnay or a Cab. *That* would be a bait and switch because although they didn't advertise specific brands (moreso an issue with liquor than wine or beer), the variety they advertised as included in the package was no longer included.

Just now, DallasGuy75219 said:

At $50, the Plus package was advertised as including X varieties of liquor, Y varieties of wine, and Z varieties of beer.  Y varieties of wine included all the basic varietals (i.e., the MDR wine menu that showed the Plus wines only by varietal, not the actual brand).

It's pretty obvious they're raising the Plus limit to $15 because they plan on increasing drink prices, not because they want to include more variety at the Plus level.  Let's say they increase drink prices but leave the Plus limit at $12 if you paid $50, and now all you can get for $12 is a Chardonnay or a Cab. *That* would be a bait and switch because although they didn't advertise specific brands (moreso an issue with liquor than wine or beer), the variety they advertised as included in the package was no longer included.

But they have not done that. I paid for Princess Plus at the "old" price, and my account shows that I I am now eligible for drinks up to $15. So, as far as I am concerned, I am no worse off.

Your argument is wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But they have not done that. I paid for Princess Plus at the "old" price, and my account shows that I I am now eligible for drinks up to $15. So, as far as I am concerned, I am no worse off.

Your argument is wrong.

I said *would be*, not *is*, for the people saying (or at least implying) that it's a bait and switch.

Your reading comprehension is wrong.

Edited by DallasGuy75219

4 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I said *would be*, not *is*.

Sorry, you have totally lost me.

All I know is that I purchased Princess Plus some eight months ago, for a cruise in April 2023. The package at the time included drinks up to the value of $12. Now, my package includes drinks up to the value of $15. 

Unless Princess have decided to increase their drinks prices by 20% , which I doubt, I am no worse off.