Galveston ships now sailing to CocoCay

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe for those that don't cruise from Galveston but for those that do and have been stuck with the same old Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan for years  this will be a nice change

This is what is so frustrating and why we stopped leaving out of Galveston until they brought Allure in. Just sailing for the ship. There’s no reason they cannot offer other stops out of Galveston. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

This is what is so frustrating and why we stopped leaving out of Galveston until they brought Allure in. Just sailing for the ship. There’s no reason they cannot offer other stops out of Galveston. 

On the 7 day itineraries they can't.  The other itinerary with Jamaica and Grand Cayman does not work since OA class does not tender and if they tried to do Jamaica it would be an itinerary with 2 ports.  An 8 day opens things up a bit.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was for Harmony

We have a January 2024 cruise booked out of Galveston on the Harmony.  Can't wait!  I'm happy with the itinerary, for the most part.  We are going to Roatan.  We've been booked on cruises, not on RCCL, that were supposed to go to Roatan but were diverted because of weather.  So, we're looking forward to going there on RCCL.  Not to excited about Cuz.  We've been there far too often.  But, their adult beverages are good, so I'll make the best of it.  I think we have only been to Porta Maya once.  So, we're good with that.  I really like cruising out of Galveston, one of my favorite ports.  I really like that we will have 3 full days of cruising/at sea.  

Until Wonder came out, Harmony was the last Oasis Class ship that we haven't cruised on.  Now we need to work on Wonder.  We're always playing catch-up with the new ships.  Now we have to think about Icon, too.  We've also don't two Quantum Class ships and I guess we have two more of those to think about.  This is fun, I like playing catch-up with cruising.  Something to look forward to.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ShellinTX said:

Would be even more splendid if they traded Cozumel for somewhere else. Key West, maybe?

@Ourusualbeach How does this itinerary work out for New Years or early January? 

Michelle

Hi Michelle

The only 2 8 day itineraries I see are Oct 12 and Nov 9th

Christmas 7 day itineraries are Dec 22 and Dec 29th

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

.  We've also don't two Quantum Class ships and I guess we have two more of those to think about.  This is fun, I like playing catch-up with cruising.  Something to look forward to.  

Add another one to your list, there are actually 5 (Quantum, Odyssey, Anthem, Ovation and Spectrum)

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

We have a January 2024 cruise booked out of Galveston on the Harmony.  Can't wait!  I'm happy with the itinerary, for the most part.  We are going to Roatan.  We've been booked on cruises, not on RCCL, that were supposed to go to Roatan but were diverted because of weather.  So, we're looking forward to going there on RCCL.  Not to excited about Cuz.  We've been there far too often.  But, their adult beverages are good, so I'll make the best of it.  I think we have only been to Porta Maya once.  So, we're good with that.  I really like cruising out of Galveston, one of my favorite ports.  I really like that we will have 3 full days of cruising/at sea.  

Until Wonder came out, Harmony was the last Oasis Class ship that we haven't cruised on.  Now we need to work on Wonder.  We're always playing catch-up with the new ships.  Now we have to think about Icon, too.  We've also don't two Quantum Class ships and I guess we have two more of those to think about.  This is fun, I like playing catch-up with cruising.  Something to look forward to.  

We will also be glad to have a new port going out of Galveston.  For anyone tired of Cozumel take a taxi downtown and just explore, lots of food and shopping.  For nice handmade clothes Allum the Hands of Mexico which I did a review on the Cozumel forum.  For places to eat we have now stayed in Cozumel 4 times this year and Love it I did a food review from our 2 week August trip I will link below.  In Nov we took a taxi downtown walked around, shopped, visited with friends we made while staying there then lunch a Cerveceria Punta Sur.  In Jan we will port there twice so one lunch at Conina Economica Las Palmas on 25 Avenida and another at Guidos on Melgar.  

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k14099488-August_2022_2_week_food_review-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

• Like 1

That's sweet, I see Radiance is doing a couple of 9 nights in 2023 and Harmony about 8 in 2024.  We missed Coco Caye in Thanksgiving on the Wonder when the captain couldn't dock due to high seas.  Since we only live a few hours from Galveston we might have to try this.   

On 12/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, ShellinTX said:

Would be even more splendid if they traded Cozumel for somewhere else. Key West, maybe?

@Ourusualbeach How does this itinerary work out for New Years or early January? 

Michelle

I have been reading Key West wants to reduce the amount of cruise ships visiting the island.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Hi Michelle

The only 2 8 day itineraries I see are Oct 12 and Nov 9th

Christmas 7 day itineraries are Dec 22 and Dec 29th

I thought you meant groups for just 2 days.

It says there are 6 of these 8 day cruises. The sept and oct are priced the same. 

Back to 7 days in dec. 

20221220_123014564.jpeg

I think this is great for more options from Galveston.  However I personally wouldn’t do it in the winter ( Dec-Feb) because you’d never get far enough south to be really warm.  I’ve sat on the beach wrapped in towels in Nassau in March.  The fall should be fine.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I think this is great for more options from Galveston.  However I personally wouldn’t do it in the winter ( Dec-Feb) because you’d never get far enough south to be really warm.  I’ve sat on the beach wrapped in towels in Nassau in March.  The fall should be fine.  

I’ve booked the November 8-day.  I also like fall (Oct-Nov) cruises. 

Really looking forward to a new itinerary, and a “Perfect Day” from Galveston on Harmony.   

4 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

When I cruise solo, my favorites in order are:

1. SEA DAYS.  I love being at sea.
  2. Coco Cay.  I love Coco Cays solo!
  3. Cozumel.  I have a ton of friends who ex-pat there.

I hate sailing out of Galveston tho.

You have not experienced the new terminal, totally transforms the embarkation process. 15 minutes from sidewalk you are on board. And my party went from Allure's gangway to sidewalk in 9 minutes. 

• Like 2