The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 15th, 2022

richwmn

@aliaschiefThank you.  I just ordered our 4.  Of course recently we don't go anywhere except them grocery store and the  doctors, and there, the minute we walk in, our temp is taken.  Since my temp is usually 97.2 if it went up to something normal, who would know I had a fever ?

To all of you about to board a ship, Bon Voyage!  Travel safe, cruise happy!

I am going to go to the HAL site, and see what kind of 2024 trip I can find for eastern Canada.  If I would play the lottery, and could win the lottery, I would live on a ship, but they would have to let me bring my cats.😸

Oh, and next week the hours were cut to 15, 18 for the week after.  Cant pay the cruises off on this, and the hours wont go up until the end of January. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It's been a long day. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but when the EMTs were getting DH to the car before his second surgery, they literally broke his rollator.  I was able to figure out which part was broken and order a replacement.  Today,  we finally got the new part installed.  It was not as easy as it appeared to be.  The good news is we got it done without killing each other and with us still speaking and laughing. 🤣  Once it was back together, we discovered a thick metal bar had been bent and was causing a problem.  DH got it a little straighter, but in a few days, he'll take it off, get a hammer and beat the you know what out of it until it is straight.  What should have been an easy job, took two long afternoons.

6 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Were we in the car with you. Pictures look very familiar. They was a place we stopped for clam chowder right past the covered bridge.

I don't think so, or we wouldn't have missed the clam chowder.  I hate to pass up a good clam chowder. 😁

5 hours ago, lindaler said:

Hi everyone. I am going crazy. I leave tomorrow for the airport and will be sailing Saturday. I am all packed, the house is cleaned, fridge empty, clothes laid out, almost everything done. There is nothing left to do. I had better find a good movie and take my mind off the wait. The adventure is ready to start. 

Linda, I hope you found a good movie or a good book.  Safe travels tomorrow.  I know you will have a wonderful time.

8 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda.  Yes, I will definitely share photos when the boys are done. 🙂  I realized yesterday that our older boy may be able to reach up near the top, he's gotten so tall and this tree isn't quite as tall as our last one.  Especially if we get out the step ladder!

Carolyn, I can't wait to see the pictures of the finished tree.

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Just saw this in googly news-reminded me of yesterday's conversation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-dogs-attack-electric-worker-170107442.html

Annie, thanks for the link.  What an awful attack.  I'm glad he's going to make a full recovery.

6 hours ago, dfish said:

Love the pictures, Sharon.  They bring back such good memories.  I think the tour you are talking about is the one out of Halifax.  You go up to Burntcoat Head and walk out into the Bay of Fundy when the tide is out.  You can see tidal pools and all kinds of creatures.   

20221015_153719992_iOS.thumb.jpg.c738f9ea39fac36aff9b4356286df6f5.jpg

These are the stairs leading down to the ocean floor.

20221015_160121654_iOS.thumb.jpg.1c9e51be1125ecbcd16a3f0575277d8c.jpg

Here's a sea critter for you!

20221015_154202688_iOS.thumb.jpg.49f0529198298522f6252a8c18489f17.jpg

This is normally an island.

I'm not done in the kitchen yet, but I'll share some of my mess.  And, yes @ger_77, you qualify for the Messy Bakers Guild.   

IMG_2080.thumb.jpg.9f042d95a787f1f30cb5d1a1840ff29a.jpg

I have it all over me.

IMG_2081.thumb.jpg.f7dd3592c55a3746bc6db86647f9a23a.jpg

Flour on the mixer, pumpkin on the counter....

IMG_2083.thumb.jpg.7ad4af77d881a7f52c5966e6c14870a5.jpg

Powdered sugar (icing sugar) everywhere.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpg.c4ba67370311779ebb2e5cc756f869d9.jpg

Wax paper ripped off the cake.

IMG_2085.thumb.jpg.6750e7008d3ae1f1b6f393f71f057db0.jpg

I've managed to spread the mess throughout the whole kitchen.  I still have to make the filling and fill and re-roll the pumpkin roll.  You can't really see the mess on the floor because the color of the floor helps absorb it.  

Debbie, I hate to think what it would look like if we were baking in the same kitchen at the same time.  I also get splatters and dough on the underside of the mixer near where there beater attaches to the mixer.  I'm just glad I have very short hair, or I would have flour and batter in my hair.  BTW, I love the pictures of your kitchen.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Received an E-mail being mailed Dec 19. It works.

I just ordered ours, and got a confirmation email.

39 minutes ago, dfish said:

You mean kind of like this?

IMG_2086.thumb.jpg.5819872718c338f0e82891f2ed810eb0.jpg

You are more than welcome.   

Thanks!  Ordered mine.

Debbie, I solved that problem and downsized my cookbook library at the same time.  I put my favorite recipes from various cookbooks on the computer.  I printed them and put them in a binder.  I also have a cookbook stand with a front that protects the pages.

32 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@aliaschiefThank you.  I just ordered our 4.  Of course recently we don't go anywhere except them grocery store and the  doctors, and there, the minute we walk in, our temp is taken.  Since my temp is usually 97.2 if it went up to something normal, who would know I had a fever ?

To all of you about to board a ship, Bon Voyage!  Travel safe, cruise happy!

I am going to go to the HAL site, and see what kind of 2024 trip I can find for eastern Canada.  If I would play the lottery, and could win the lottery, I would live on a ship, but they would have to let me bring my cats.😸

Oh, and next week the hours were cut to 15, 18 for the week after.  Cant pay the cruises off on this, and the hours wont go up until the end of January. 

Annie, I'm sorry your hours have been cut.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

It is SAINT John please - not St. John. - St. John’s is in Newfoundland.  People are finicky about their names 😉 

Jacqui, my sincere apologies for my ignorance.  Chalk it up to being used to most places in the US using St. instead of spelling Saint out.  I meant no disrespect to you or the people of Saint John.  BTW, we thoroughly enjoyed our two visits there.

Lenda

• Like 9

@StLouisCruisers  I might get my wish, they say the temps will even be colder next weekend, but this is for Wednesday.

from the NOAA website

Wednesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

😸

And for all of you bakers out there, if I find flour on the stove again, I'm coming to get my cookies!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just got a start. I wanted to see how much you-know-what had fallen since my shoveling this afternoon. It is hard to tell from upstairs, especially at night, so I went downstairs, turned on the outside lighting, and opened the front door.

There was a deer right in front of the door.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I just got a start. I wanted to see how much you-know-what had fallen since my shoveling this afternoon. It is hard to tell from upstairs, especially at night, so I went downstairs, turned on the outside lighting, and opened the front door.

There was a deer right in front of the door.

Wow.  I wonder which one of you was more surprised.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks to  @richwmn Rich for the daily and the locations of the HAL Fleet.

Thanks to @rafinmd Roy, for the Care and Celebration Lists.  Thanks for all the photos of today's destination.  Have recently started drinking Lady Grey tea.

@kazu am pleased to know that you arrived safely in San Diego.

@smitty34877  hope you will be cleared for surgery.

@superoma thank you for sharing photos of the super light display.

It's a damp foggy Friday, temperature struggling to reach predicted 18 C.

Supermarket this morning, some empty shelves where products shoud be.  I continue to wear a mask, as case numbers are rising.

Will try to finish reading yesterdays "daily".

Had written the above hours ago, when suddenly my computer closed down.

All good again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1