Disfunctional website?

MaineLobstah

We've booked our cruise for SA this coming February.  We'll be on the same ship we were on for the same itinerary that we sailed on in 2010.  Some friends we met on that cruise are also coming along, so bit of a reunion for us, and we are very excited.

As background info, I worked in high tech/IT for about 40yrs, so I'm pretty familiar with online systems.

I can honestly say that Celebrity has one of the most disfunctional websites I've dealt with in recent memory.  Half of the funtions just don't work, or they are dependent on another branch of their system that doesn't work.

I'm unable to use their flight search tool, as it just hangs.  I've waited 10mins...spinning circle of death.

The system says my info for the booking is incomplete.  I attept to complete it by adding my mailing address, and it rejects my entry with an error message that says "Your gender does not match your title.  Please change either gender or title to continue."

I tried becoming a female, just for the sake of expediency, no joy.  I can't find a "title" anywhere in my profile.  

I've emailed Celebrity regarding these issues twice now, with no response.

Is anyone else having issues with their website?

Lob

I have issues with their site especially with Safari.  Sometimes I switch browsers on my iPad and it works. I’ve also seen the site just have bad links that should have been solved.   I started web programming in the 90s and they seem to be stuck in some of that architectural design.   

The Title/Gender thing is a known issue.  Has happened to us once in 20+ cruises.  Unfortunately contacting Celebrity is the only way (at least that I am aware of) to resolve.

Calling would probably yield better results than email.

Good luck

Mike

2 hours ago, MaineLobstah said:

See if you get a response...

Jennifer Morales
Senior Director of Celebrity Engagement
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

jennifermorales@celebrity.com

Or...

Chief Executive
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo
President and Chief Executive Officer
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, MaineLobstah said:

We've booked our cruise for SA this coming February.  We'll be on the same ship we were on for the same itinerary that we sailed on in 2010.  Some friends we met on that cruise are also coming along, so bit of a reunion for us, and we are very excited.

As background info, I worked in high tech/IT for about 40yrs, so I'm pretty familiar with online systems.

I can honestly say that Celebrity has one of the most disfunctional websites I've dealt with in recent memory.  Half of the funtions just don't work, or they are dependent on another branch of their system that doesn't work.

I'm unable to use their flight search tool, as it just hangs.  I've waited 10mins...spinning circle of death.

The system says my info for the booking is incomplete.  I attept to complete it by adding my mailing address, and it rejects my entry with an error message that says "Your gender does not match your title.  Please change either gender or title to continue."

I tried becoming a female, just for the sake of expediency, no joy.  I can't find a "title" anywhere in my profile.  

Is anyone else having issues with their website?

Lob

Maybe you can go into the “WonderVerse” and have a virtual meeting with someone to sort it out LOL 😂 

• Haha 4

Emails meant for my DH are going to a friend"s. I clicked on "manage preference" at the bottom of the email our friend forwarded and cannot delete her address to insert DH's. She also received one meant for me re: the Metaverse which she forwarded and going into "manage preferences" on that email, voila! mine was the one listed. How she got mine is beyond me. Meanwhile, she's not received the "thank you" for booking letter for the same cruise we've both booked. Her confirmation email was sent to their address and is in their name at least!

The Celebrity Website, the gift of incompetence that keeps on giving. Hotels, airlines, car rental companies web sites manage to give customers a fair experience despite constantly changing prices and inventory availability. 

Celebrity.. "If your not going crazy , wait a couple of clicks."  And Bonus... "If you've paid for your cruise in full, Celebrity IT Department will throw in some extra charges on your online account just to drive you teeth gnashing crazy."  

Of course Customer Service will straighten this out eventually,  but imagine the fun of tossing and turning, sleepless as you admire the incompetence of a cruise line that promotes itself as a luxury option. for your hassle free vacation.

• Like 1

I see you're new around these parts. Since you have an IT background I'm sure you know how to do a search. You'll find hundreds of threads about this subject. Don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. 

They do put on a good cruise though. 

Edited by ORV
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, it’s pure trash. Especially on mobile. The user experience is so disjointed and biased toward making the sale vs. supporting those who have booked. Random functions sometimes hang and you get the feeling there is a tired hamster on a wheel in there rather than a proper IT infrastructure. Although I will say MSC may be even worse.

I test software for a living and every time I am on that site it’s like a bad day at work.

• Like 2

I am new to Celebrity, and well, I was really amazed by a few things...

First, the endless countdown that a sale is about to expire if you don't act fast and book.

Second, the horrible, horrible website navigation.  I noticed it right away after I booked.  I had to go through several levels of clicking just to find my onboard credit and packages that I purchased.  Someone on this forum had to actually provide directions on how to do it.

I am amazed because, naive me, thinks Celebrity is an upper-tier cruise experience and as thus, that level of "better service" would be evident while using their website.   I shouldn't be made to feel like I'm booking a cruise on Carnival, but that's exactly what the experience is like.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NJRonbo said:

I am new to Celebrity, and well, I was really amazed by a few things...

First, the endless countdown that a sale is about to expire if you don't act fast and book.

Second, the horrible, horrible website navigation.  I noticed it right away after I booked.  I had to go through several levels of clicking just to find my onboard credit and packages that I purchased.  Someone on this forum had to actually provide directions on how to do it.

I am amazed because, naive me, thinks Celebrity is an upper-tier cruise experience and as thus, that level of "better service" would be evident while using their website.   I shouldn't be made to feel like I'm booking a cruise on Carnival, but that's exactly what the experience is like.

Although it's a little early, you may want to compartmentalize the website experience and the actual cruise experience.  Until you get onboard the ship, think of all the clicking and searching as a game.... it's easier when you look at it all as a challenge with an eventual cruise reward!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Booking a cruise on their website is pretty easy and so is buying excursions and add-on's but that's about it.  If you need to change something as simple as your email address, it's pathetic.  I've been trying to do that online and it's impossible.  Their main site purports to allow you to change your email but apparently that only changes some emails they send you.  I kept getting some emails to my old email address so I clicked on the "change preferences" link at the bottom of the email.  But the space where I can change my email is grayed out and won't allow me to input a different email.  So I'm on hold forever to try to get a rep to sort things out.  What a waste of time.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've also had trouble navigating the Celebrity website since booking our trip in November for Jan 2023. I thought it was just me, not being tech-oriented. The mobile app seems a bit more responsive...but then I find myself going in loops and am unsure if anything I do/ action is really as it should be. Hope so! 🙂 

Definitely had better luck speaking to humans by phone and so far, they've been friendly and helpful. I trust the cruise itself will be far more superb than the website. 🙏🤞