Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

39 minutes ago, Mary Kelly said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if it’s true that the Sun Princess is having a 2 day sailing (2/6-2/8) for VIP’s before our inaugural cruise? 

No other sources yet other than the post by a ventriloquist who has been booked to perform at this launch event - not a cruise as such as he said the ship will be anchored in Barcelona for those days. He will also be coming back late Feb and March for some of the actual cruises 

1 hour ago, Mary Kelly said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if it’s true that the Sun Princess is having a 2 day sailing (2/6-2/8) for VIP’s before our inaugural cruise? 

While I can't confirm it, Princess did something similar with the inaugural of the Royal Princess, sailing with VIPs, Travel Agents and travel focused journalists.

28 minutes ago, dides said:

No other sources yet other than the post by a ventriloquist who has been booked to perform at this launch event - not a cruise as such as he said the ship will be anchored in Barcelona for those days. He will also be coming back late Feb and March for some of the actual cruises 

Ok I live 2 hours away from Barcelona; currently looking for VIP costumes in Amazon to infiltrate the ship.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

While I can't confirm it, Princess did something similar with the inaugural of the Royal Princess, sailing with VIPs, Travel Agents and travel focused journalists.

This plan is different to what they did pre-pandemic where there would be a 4 or 5 day preview cruise for the same folks you mention from Trieste to the port where the inaugural would leave from. Not saying there won't be one before this event.But Princess recently held a 360 promo in Barcelona for journalists on Enchanted Princess on a turnaround day

Maybe that gave them the idea. 

2 hours ago, dides said:

Anchored as in out in the water or docked at the pier?

6 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

New high end dining experience just announced. Originally the venue was on deck plans as Altitude but is now called Love by Britto with the menu designed by Rudi Sodamin - $149 per person so appears to be the new ship’s 360.

New Specialty Dining on Sun Princess

Really expensive and with the other options my guess is it will be empty most nights.  Also, with it's proximity to the signature area, why is THIS spot not the Signature suite restaurant?  I don't think they entirely figured out the ship within a ship concept just yet.  All that said I am booked on her in just over one years time and I look forward to see how she compares to the Haven.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

For the Royal Caribbean inaugural initially, they had a 3 day and a 7 day then added another 3 day. that got everyone excited. I do remember something about VIP's and all but would have to try and find the original thread. Looking forward to the 5 day and 7 day out of Ft. Lauderdale in October.

10 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Really expensive and with the other options my guess is it will be empty most nights.  Also, with it's proximity to the signature area, why is THIS spot not the Signature suite restaurant?  I don't think they entirely figured out the ship within a ship concept just yet.  All that said I am booked on her in just over one years time and I look forward to see how she compares to the Haven.  

Chef’s table is expensive.  Ship’s tour is expensive. They have waiting lists. Expensive to one person is a nice experience to another. It will probably only be once per night or not even every night but I bet a lot of people will do it. I will. 

And the spot is way to small to be the Signature restaurant. Plus with my cabin right outside this space, I have to explore the rest of the ship somehow!  🤪

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Chef’s table is expensive.  Ship’s tour is expensive. They have waiting lists. Expensive to one person is a nice experience to another. It will probably only be once per night or not even every night but I bet a lot of people will do it. I will. 

And the spot is way to small to be the Signature restaurant. Plus with my cabin right outside this space, I have to explore the rest of the ship somehow!  🤪

Here’s hoping people in the Signature suites get this new restaurant comped as 360 was/is?

• Like 2

I am a cruise line's nightmare. All extras I book are shore excursions and alcohol free beverage packages. All other spare money goes into a nice stateroom category. I guess I will be banned one day 😉

However,  really looking forward to all your reviews of extra fun investments.

Edited by Nemanoxer
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

It did indeed in 2013 from Southampton. We were fortunate enough to spend an afternoon aboard before the naming ceremony.

Some more snippets from this past week's shipyard tour:

Here's a video short of the Balcony Stateroom mockup

And a full article from Cruise Fever which includes:

Power Outlets

On each side of the bed, there is a 110 power outlet as well as a standard USB and a USB-C outlet. On the desk, there is also two 110 outlets, two USB, and two USB-C outlets.

International Cafe

20231206_121934-scaled.thumb.jpg.085d956ccd9ea7d137afae67e858937d.jpg

World Fresh Marketplace

20231206_123404-scaled.thumb.jpg.2fda3f29d0f8353c53536505351023ea.jpg

Pasta Station outside Sabatini's - here will be an area where all of the ship’s pasta will be made. Guests will be able to watch the pasta being made through these windows.

20231206_124326-scaled.thumb.jpg.9b71b7168643effe8cf70526febd6fab.jpg

Piazza

20231206_132559-scaled.thumb.jpg.359724b0f68d43b397348cfb3c22273a.jpg

Balcony for Mini Suite

20231206_141606-scaled.thumb.jpg.cece49ac8a115cfc95d6e45ae35cb9c4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, vividharp said:

Is it just me or does that pasta station look small for all of the pasta to be made there?

I’m guessing they will make the dough in the kitchen and the station will be for showing how they make the different pasta shapes. You’ll find me crying behind the glass (can’t eat gluten)

14 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

I’m guessing they will make the dough in the kitchen and the station will be for showing how they make the different pasta shapes. You’ll find me crying behind the glass (can’t eat gluten)

Sounds a lot like Carnival.  They

have work stations where you can learn to make pasta, as well as a lot of other cooking classes….for a FEE, of course!

Just now, chamima said:

image.png.a49a46124da9aef8aa5faa260506accb.png

What level of suite are cabins 09361 and 09358?

They seem to be the only cabins will a real aft view.

Also, those balcony chairs look AWFUL!!!

We like to relax on the balcony and the old chairs reclined  - these are stiff and straight up. 😡

2 hours ago, chamima said:

What level of suite are cabins 09361 and 09358?

They seem to be the only cabins will a real aft view.

Cabins 09361 and 09358 are accessible C2 reserve collection cabanas and are actually mid-ship next to the Spheres and the Piazza

image.png.a32d12117bf17b86cf91ca3490024558.png

The only cabins with true aft views are the accessible light blue deluxe balconies in the middle on decks 10 to 14. And even then they will directly look over the Wake View Terrace and not the wake.

image.png.fbb8b360cf2362fc90112ee566ca6a44.png

There are the deluxe balcony cabins on the side (i.e. 14642 and 14643 above) who might have some corner views.  This includes penthouse suites on decks 15 to 17 too.

image.png.dd43b549abfaf00c715ea42070f68ad4.png

Here's an annotated version of Dave Monk's latest picture from the shipyard visit:

annotate-2.thumb.jpg.37cb4080fbbf90f356247f4a2eeef687.jpg

Click here if you want to view in more detail

Edited by dides
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5