Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

17 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

So it’s only the amenities? Like the soap, bathrobe and such?

The S9 is considered a Signature Collection Suite which  include the following:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/su-sun-princess/#accommodations

IMG_4795.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

This is the S9 description on the Princess website.

IMG_4794.jpeg

I am aware of Signature Suite inclusions.

Unclear on the New D0 category posted above for the premium deluxe balcony aft location across from elevators.

On 12/19/2023 at 2:38 AM, dides said:

On another site it's been pointed out that a new category of Premium Deluxe Balcony D0 has just been created which now falls under the Signature collection. These are the aft based ones only- the deck plan indicates they get Signature benefits but it doesn't mention this when you click to reserve a particular stateroom under special notes and the pricing hasn't yet changed. Can anyone confirm? This will be a nice surprise for anyone already booked! 

image.png.f4340bb67cc3ac9738957b212e3ed01c.png

image.png.a4daa7412dc68ab3b23999011de4338b.png

Stumped on what Signature benefits are include here.

• Like 1

Just now, dog said:

Stumped on what Signature benefits are include here.

Yup, was hoping someone with travel agent access could verify - we only have the Princess website to go on and it doesn't seem to hang together!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The Princess website just lists it as a Premium Deluxe Balcony. I read nothing about suite benefits with those cabins. Where are people seeing this info? 

It's appeared on the deck plan version and was claimed to have been added - see my post #1118  . It does feel strange though - all the other Signature categories start with an S so why create a D0?

image.png.e7327c52894e41bb9367e4a867104dbc.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, dides said:

It's appeared on the deck plan version and was claimed to have been added - see my post #1118  . It does feel strange though - all the other Signature categories start with an S so why create a D0?

🤔 huh ! well this is turning out to be a big mystery .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dides said:

I also saw it posted on Facebook- screenshot from Pop up in princess site.

But who knows. Poster said it included the sanctuary.

5 minutes ago, dog said:

I also saw it posted on Facebook- screenshot from Pop up in princess site.

But who knows. Poster said it included the sanctuary.

I just checked in with a friendly travel agent from the UK and this is all they are seeing: image.thumb.png.a74978bfff4ea1532c8927b94b1992e6.png

And the pricing is still the same as the old category.  Including the sanctuary is a weird one - maybe it's still early days and this is just a building block in Princess' plan 😁

Edited by dides

2 hours ago, dides said:

I just checked in with a friendly travel agent from the UK and this is all they are seeing: image.thumb.png.a74978bfff4ea1532c8927b94b1992e6.png

And the pricing is still the same as the old category.  Including the sanctuary is a weird one - maybe it's still early days and this is just a building block in Princess' plan 😁

Well, we all know how spectacularly accurate and on-the-ball the Princess tech department is. 🙄😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

We will have to wait and see once passengers report back.

Maybe before when dining finally opens up - if it's Signature amenities then existing guests might get access to the Signature restaurant and the complimentary speciality dining perk on embarkation night.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dides said:

Maybe before when dining finally opens up - if it's Signature amenities then existing guests might get access to the Signature restaurant and the complimentary speciality dining perk on embarkation night.

Ok, get this.

i looked just now at Princess website. My D0 booked yesterday just went up $338 Canadian. It said upgrade $36 yesterday. Today upgrade is $58 C.

on fb, someone has posted she’s in Canada and she posted the photo that mentions sanctuary included.

i see same as you posted. 

Edited by dog

Just now, dog said:

on fb, someone has posted she’s in Canada and she posted the photo that mentions sanctuary included.

i see same as you posted. 

Interesting price changes!  I only see the words "Enjoy Signature upgrades and benefits", no mention of Sanctuary though?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dides said:

Interesting price changes!  I only see the words "Enjoy Signature upgrades and benefits", no mention of Sanctuary though?

Fb person said hers just changed too and took out Sanctuary.  LP Jen posts on Sun Princess Passenger thread.

since website removed things today, increased price, It probab is including some benefits.

Edited by dog

50 minutes ago, dog said:

Fb person said hers just changed too and took out Sanctuary.  LP Jen posts on Sun Princess Passenger thread.

since website removed things today, increased price, It probab is including some benefits.

Doesn't make sense to only include "some" benefits. How will anyone know which are or aren't included. I have a feeling (sorry!!!) that the "Signature Benefits" wording was pasted and copied from the Signature Suite cabin descriptions next door by mistake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chamima said:

Doesn't make sense to only include "some" benefits. How will anyone know which are or aren't included. I have a feeling (sorry!!!) that the "Signature Benefits" wording was pasted and copied from the Signature Suite cabin descriptions next door by mistake.

Possibly.

3 hours ago, dides said:

Looks like they are pulling some inventory on the inaugural at least - wondering if something else is going on.... 

I just took a quick look and the Princess web site availability for the Sun Princess changed each time I refreshed the page. At first there was nothing even scheduled until April with April cruises all sold out. Next, March showed up as available and now February is back in the mix.

Someone's updating the database ...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I just took a quick look and the Princess web site availability for the Sun Princess changed each time I refreshed the page. At first there was nothing even scheduled until April with April cruises all sold out. Next, March showed up as available and now February is back in the mix.

Someone's updating the database ...

IMG_5288.thumb.jpeg.fba97cd30c4ddaf59078fa2e27a02e66.jpeg

• Haha 6

On 12/8/2023 at 7:57 PM, Mary Kelly said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if it’s true that the Sun Princess is having a 2 day sailing (2/6-2/8) for VIP’s before our inaugural cruise? 

Just spotted that Sun Princess is on a Barcelona port schedule site for these dates at the E-Helix terminal. i.e.  not a sailing but docked for the media events  

https://www.barcelonacruiseterminal.com/   

image.thumb.png.fc28a3b23d1f263e23a3981776d81161.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1