Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

@dides Thanks for the sea trial video.  All the ship yard videos that we have seen up to now, of the top deck forward of the dome, looked as it though it would be open to the sky (like an open top deck).  From this video, it seems that that entire area, is almost entirely covered with a windscreen.  Interesting!

image.png.4d3c73aee4b1a2c0664906724775a1b3.png

image.png.3769da490fea8288544d38363633c742.png

2 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@dides Thanks for the sea trial video.  All the ship yard videos that we have seen up to now, of the top deck forward of the dome, looked as it though it would be open to the sky (like an open top deck).  From this video, it seems that that entire area, is almost entirely covered with a windscreen.  Interesting!

That is interesting. I was just going to make a guess and ask if it was the Sanctuary, but I now see that the Sanctuary is aft on deck 18.

16 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

....Here comes the Sun doo-dun-doo-doo, Here comes the Sun ☀️💙☀️💙☀️

Why didn't anything think of that tune sooner !  😍

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

Yes I do recall someone saying they would be building in plenty of windbreaks in the early shipyard visits but it's not apparent from the renderings as you say (being high up and forward means wind would be an issue - as per the Retreat Pool area on the early Royal Class ships). 

21 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

I’m in my 30s and I love Princess’ vibe; I hope they keep catering to an older audience 🙏🏻

30’s is old???  Haven’t sailed Princess but looking forward to our Sun Princess cruise in July.   I have underwear that old.

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

I’m in my 30s and I love Princess’ vibe; I hope they keep catering to an older audience 🙏🏻

12 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

30’s is old???  Haven’t sailed Princess but looking forward to our Sun Princess cruise in July.   I have underwear that old.

I think you misunderstood @Pixelskaya's post.

They're saying they like the Princess vibe and if that means that if they're catering to an older audience (as some contend) then so be it - that 30 year old loves it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chamima said:

I think you misunderstood @Pixelskaya's post.

They're saying they like the Princess vibe and if that means that if they're catering to an older audience (as some contend) then so be it - that 30 year old loves it.

I did understand.   We sail HAL at times and love the vibe.   We have never sailed Princess but from what I have read it is about the same vibe but more active.   Looking forward to see the difference firsthand.   

Since we are cruising from Barcelona in July, I was wondering how many kids might be on a Princess ship.  We sailed from Amsterdam last July on HAL and there were not many kids.  I like kids so don’t take it wrong.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Since we are cruising from Barcelona in July, I was wondering how many kids might be on a Princess ship.  We sailed from Amsterdam last July on HAL and there were not many kids.  I like kids so don’t take it wrong.  

I think the reason is that HAL does not attract as many families.

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Lots. School break. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I sailed on the Enchanted Princess on July’22 and there were some kids and teens, but not a lot. Princess charges kids the same as adults so that’s a big filter for family vacations. Also, no water slides 😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

I sailed on the Enchanted Princess on July’22 and there were some kids and teens, but not a lot. Princess charges kids the same as adults so that’s a big filter for family vacations. Also, no water slides 😂

FYI- The Sun will have a water slide.........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, c-boy said:

🤨 I didn't get that memo

I saw it on one of the videos that someone posted while on the Sun (most likely on this thread). I was a bit disappointed. It is to obviously be the first waterslide on a Princess ship.

Edited by nini
added words

Just now, nini said:

I saw it on one of the videos that someone posted while on the Sun. I was a bit disappointed. It is to obviously be the first waterslide on a Princess ship.

It’s a rollerglider not water slide. It also has a rope course.

IMG_4931.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

IMG_4931.png

Thank you. I was only quoting the lady conducting the tour.

• Like 1

In addition, according to the video I just watched; there will be Park 19 which is "designed to bring fun to the entire family". There will be a "Splash Zone", Wall Climbing, a Jogging Track, "Coastal Climb" and a "Recreational Court". To the "Like" and "Thanks" in Post # 1509:  I did not make this up.

Personally, it saddens me as this ship design, albeit innovative, has removed our favorite cabins. But, it certainly looks fabulous with many new offerings and adventures.

However, I think it would be quite a new experience to book this ship and I am looking forward to all of the upcoming reviews of their adventures.

Edited by nini
added words
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

IMG_4931.png

Yup, this is a nod to families, but let's be honest, until they do kids free or 3rd and 4th free like other lines do I don't think die hard Princess folks have to worry that much.  :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Yup, this is a nod to families, but let's be honest, until they do kids free or 3rd and 4th free like other lines do I don't think die hard Princess folks have to worry that much.  🙂

Often (for example right now), Princess does offer 3rd and 4th persons are no charge.

26 minutes ago, nini said:

In addition, according to the video I just watched; there will be Park 19 which is "designed to bring fun to the entire family". There will be a "Splash Zone", Wall Climbing, a Jogging Track, "Coastal Climb" and a "Recreational Court". To the "Like" and "Thanks" in Post # 1509:  I did not make this up.

Personally, it saddens me as this ship design, albeit innovative, has removed our favorite cabins. But, it certainly looks fabulous with many new offerings and adventures.

However, I think it would be quite a new experience to book this ship and I am looking forward to all of the upcoming reviews of their adventures.

Still doesn’t say anything about a water slide.

• Like 2