Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

That's my personal opinion too.  We're also sailing in Jan 2025 so there is lots of time to determine how everything is working or not. 

Interesting ..I saw the reservations yesterday, but today , with the update, Im reading under signature

"You're always welcome and don't need to make a reservation for main dining"

I think they are still working out kinks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I’m in a DA and it has let me book the Signature restaurant today for the May 4th sailing.

This doesn’t make any sense.  Only S0, S2, S4, and S9 are advertised as having Signature benefits.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

This doesn’t make any sense.  Only S0, S2, S4, and S9 are advertised as having Signature benefits.  

somethings wonky 

• Like 2

Regarding diner reservations: the app is still a work in progress. For instance: a few weeks ago, Umai was listed as Speciality dining, included in the Premium package. This changed into Experiental dining not included in Premium. Today it is again listed as Speciality dining but still not included in Premier.

Info about the prices change as well. E.g. Sabatini's was $39, now it is listed as $45 per person. Prices for the other restaurants now disappeared from the info in the app.

I'm sure Reserve restaurant is only for Reserve guests, Signature only for full suites and no reservation will be needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, c-boy said:

somethings wonky 

Agreed. I am in an S4 on the tail end of a cruise tour in June and I can’t book anything through the app.  I can’t even see the names of any of the restaurants 🤷🏻‍♀️. Of course, I think some of my issues with that booking are that it’s for a cruise tour.  My other booking, which is in September (also S4, but cruise only), looks totally different in the app.  For that one, I can at least see the names of the venues, I just can’t book them yet.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

Regarding diner reservations: the app is still a work in progress. For instance: a few weeks ago, Umai was listed as Speciality dining, included in the Premium package. This changed into Experiental dining not included in Premium. Today it is again listed as Speciality dining but still not included in Premier.

Info about the prices change as well. E.g. Sabatini's was $39, now it is listed as $45 per person. Prices for the other restaurants now disappeared from the info in the app.

I'm sure Reserve restaurant is only for Reserve guests, Signature only for full suites and no reservation will be needed. 

Yes, unlike your fabulous feline, the new app is not great. 😕 A few weeks ago, I could see Umai and Hot Pot listed in the app for my September booking.  Right after those venues were updated to experiential, they disappeared off the list.

19 hours ago, Osa J said:

Thank you, yes I printed it out immediately in case something else disappears!  Problem is that today I cancelled one Gibraltar one to book another Gibraltar one so I’m sure later they’ll say oh “your refund is showing here” but its going to be for that change and the Genoa refund one is going to get lost in the mix.  That’s my fear.  How do they have no record for what we have paid for?  Maybe it was because it was just a Princess chat person and they are not authorized to discuss accounting/payment matters so I might have to call in later.  Problem is the phone waits are SO long and the people are hard to understand.
The excursion has completely disappeared as being offered under Genoa, so I’m sure it’s just that it’s not running, but it’s weird that everything completely vanished and I’m having this issue.

thankfully at the time that I received that one big payment confirmation email, I listed out all the excursion names, numbers, and prices I paid showing the breakdown for what everything was for.  I wonder how “official” my handwritten receipt will be and if it will have much sway…😂

For anyone interested to know, my Genoa refund DID show up just now on my credit card, so that was pretty fast!  At first it looked incorrect because they only issued me about a $44 refund (2 separate payments), but I discovered that on the Princess website when trying to add a different excursion to my card, it showed me having a credit for the remaining balance I was looking for?  Odd, but hey all is squared away so I’ll take it.  Just thought I’d let you all know that sometimes as in my case, your refunds may be 50% refund and 50% Princess account credit 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

I agree. I posted on FB that dining reservations for 4th May cruise were open and lots were saying they were still unable to book. When I checked in the app, my reservations were still there and I noticed that it stated Signature restaurant. I’m sure it’s just a glitch in the system and no doubt my reservations will disappear.

4 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

I have  a S9 booked.

and a D0- aft premium deluxe balcony aft

Both offer me Signature upgrades & benefits.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

I have  a S9 booked.

and a D0- aft premium deluxe balcony aft

Both offer me Signature upgrades & benefits.

Previously, the lowest full suite was an S7.  Is an S9 a full suite?  A signature suite (aka reserve mini)? 

Just curious.  Not intending to book a cruise on the Sun.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Previously, the lowest full suite was an S7.  Is an S9 a full suite?  A signature suite (aka reserve mini)? 

S9 is a Signature Suite, Signature Suite benefits and all.

Reserve minis are a separate class of cabin, and have the Reserve perks, including Reserve dining room. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

6 hours ago, c-boy said:

somethings wonky 

How many of those folks are going to howl when PCL figures out the bug and cancels those reservations?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Osa J said:

For anyone interested to know, my Genoa refund DID show up just now on my credit card, so that was pretty fast!  At first it looked incorrect because they only issued me about a $44 refund (2 separate payments), but I discovered that on the Princess website when trying to add a different excursion to my card, it showed me having a credit for the remaining balance I was looking for?  Odd, but hey all is squared away so I’ll take it.  Just thought I’d let you all know that sometimes as in my case, your refunds may be 50% refund and 50% Princess account credit 

If you used any OBC at all to pay for some excursions, Princess always restores the OBC before returning anything to a credit card.  No matter if you paid full amount by CC for the particular excursion cancelled.

• Thanks 2

Ill Piccolo has posted a video of Sun Princess sounding the Love Boat horns as she left the shipyard ..  you can also see and hear a bit of the stormy weather too.

There is also a dockside view from this reel

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

S9 is a signature suite with full signature benefits & upgrades.

it is not a mini suite. Not reserve class.

• Like 2

I found this preview.  S9 is a full suite, but about the size of a mini-suite with just a walk in shower (no tub).  Still not enough to get me on a Sun Class ship.  I am sure those that book her will very much enjoy their cruises.  

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

18 minutes ago, dog said:

S9 is a signature suite with full signature benefits & upgrades.

it is not a mini suite. Not reserve class.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dides said:

This reel gives us a sneak peek at the new Signature Restaurant.

And another reel shows more details of the Wake View Terrace.

wow!  barrel chairs wrapped in woven Turkish sigma fabric in Mediterranean blue, and I'm not sure what to make of the dining room center piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, if it was S99, it would still be a Suite.  Princess' naming system is one thing that is consistent.

Yes. S9 is a Signature Suite.  If you book this room, you get Signature benefits.  D0 and other Deluxe Balcony categories are not advertised as having Signature benefits.  If you book any room category that doesn’t start with “S” you should not expect to have Signature benefits.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Yes. S9 is a Signature Suite.  If you book this room, you get Signature benefits.  D0 and other Deluxe Balcony categories are not advertised as having Signature benefits.  If you book any room category that doesn’t start with “S” you should not expect to have Signature benefits.

Right.  But there is a split with Minis.  Some Minis are Reserve and many are not.  But I do think they are all Mx.  That said, the Reserve ones have been M# (as opposed to M<alpha>).

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Right.  But there is a split with Minis.  Some Minis are Reserve and many are not.  But I do think they are all Mx.  That said, the Reserve ones have been M# (as opposed to M<alpha>).

Yes, the mini-suites are confusing on Sun Princess. Some (C1/C2) have private cabanas, Reserve benefits, and cabana deck access.  Some (e.g., M1) have Reserve benefits but have neither private cabanas nor cabana deck access.  Others (e.g., CA) have private cabanas but have neither cabana deck access nor Reserve benefits.  Finally, there are regular mini-suites (e.g., MA) that don’t have Reserve benefits, private cabanas, or cabana deck access.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1