Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

30 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

This shows the very shallow Royal Class balconies that you get on a bump-out section of the ship.

Small!!!

True.  But unlike the Royal Class ships, there seems to be a whole host of options that will provide larger balconies on the Sun Class.  On a Royal Class ship, one's ability to move up to a larger balcony is severely limited. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I reckon there will be some unhappy passengers in the Sanctuary with kids whizzing around constantly on the high wire above them on deck 19 😂

My husband and I have been wondering about this.  It seems like a pretty whack design to me.  Why would you put a quiet relaxation area for adults right next to a park full of screaming kids?  I hope someone makes some adjustments to that part of the deck plan for the Star.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatMom72 said:

My husband and I have been wondering about this.  It seems like a pretty whack design to me.  Why would you put a quiet relaxation area for adults right next to a park full of screaming kids?  I hope someone makes some adjustments to that part of the deck plan for the Star.

Also, how quiet will it be with a bar and pool?  Think this will be a very different experience.  One that I will be trying out later this summer. 😃

Just now, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Also, how quiet will it be with a bar and pool?  Think this will be a very different experience.  One that I will be trying out later this summer. 😃

Current Princess Sanctuary areas have bar service, some have hot-tubs, and are located near the adult pool area.

I think one of the biggest differences in the 'relaxation' vibe might be the number of guests.

This Sanctuary seems to accommodate a LOT more guests, in an open, and more crowded area.

I think that this is still supposed to be the Sanctuary Relaxation Area..  But, we will see how this works out and how much might be lost in translation.

5 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

Specialty

I read somewhere that teppanaki was going to be in the third dining category Experience dining. A new category that also includes 360.

56 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

This is one of my biggest concerns for sure.  Looks to be about one third of the space that we have been used to.

For me losing the walk-in closet for a couch is a good exchange.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, GK95 said:

Don’t know if it replaces afternoon tea completely. But they’ll be doing a $30 tea with a chef who used to work with England’s royal family. My teen and I are very excited to experience this when we sail. 

Is the chef Darren McGrady? We saw him on RSSC and he was fantastic. He moved to Texas after Diana’s death. 

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Current Princess Sanctuary areas have bar service, some have hot-tubs, and are located near the adult pool area.

I think one of the biggest differences in the 'relaxation' vibe might be the number of guests.

This Sanctuary seems to accommodate a LOT more guests, in an open, and more crowded area.

I think that this is still supposed to be the Sanctuary Relaxation Area..  But, we will see how this works out and how much might be lost in translation.

This is a money maker for PCL.

May not be as peaceful as the current ones.  Except, the cabanas.  Wonder what the price will be for the cabana?

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, looks like a bench.  Thanks for posting.

That's a real shame . They lost the sofa in the interior mockup room they showed and was wondering if that was to make room for the ladders to the upper berths they had down but clearly not the case.

5 minutes ago, TRLD said:

I read somewhere that teppanaki was going to be in the third dining category Experience dining. A new category that also includes 360.

Yes, it was listed as Experiental dining in the app for only a few weeks. It is now listed again as Speciality and covered with the Premier package again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dides said:

That's a real shame . They lost the sofa in the interior mockup room they showed and was wondering if that was to make room for the ladders to the upper berths they had down but clearly not the case.

I know.  It looks cheap.  Better than nothing, though.

16 hours ago, valdean said:

I went back and found it!  Hopefully, this info is consistent for anyone.  The photos are on page 113, Post #2804;  the video is on page 114, Post #2839.  The poster is BOREAL.

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Has anyone seen a deluxe balcony with a large balcony?

And know the cabin or deck?

(Not a cabana)

I wish those with photos or videos could mention the deck area or cabin number.

Here you go! This might be what you’re looking for. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dides said:

Lillie R also posted some elevator pics, if you want to geek out...

FB_IMG_1709221975066.thumb.jpg.4127c506be256ff52f8fe23065df2b00.jpg

FB_IMG_1709221964091.thumb.jpg.519980ec671fc9ccdfc2593596782549.jpg

FB_IMG_1709221940924.thumb.jpg.69f5818eff746042ad53c931988493c5.jpg

FB_IMG_1709221957638.thumb.jpg.2d87e47ea3bd39d5a5a21ecfe2d9a246.jpg

Need to see inside one next!

I like these style of lifts, it prevents kids from jamming up the stops and soooooo  much faster

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, dides said:

FB_IMG_1709221940924.thumb.jpg.69f5818eff746042ad53c931988493c5.jpg

It appears as though there are special elevators for handicapped. 

Edited by 555

44 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We'll let you know how the sweet suite side is 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dides said:

Lillie R also posted some elevator pics, if you want to geek out...

This may explain why they moved away from the naming convention of the decks, though I do miss that.  Easier to tap on a pad that has simple numbers instead of "Emerald", "Dolphin", "Caribe" etc.  But I surely will miss the lady's voice as she announces "Aloha".  Her voice always makes my family smile.  Small things, I know. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Nekosabre said:

I’m posting some photos here for anyone interested 🙂 they’re not great, taken in a rush the first day. I’ll take more if I get a chance but it should give you an idea.  

I’ve about 100 photos in total so keep checking, but with the internet speed I might be home before they all finish uploading 😅

Sorry, use this link instead. The original isn’t getting updated with the new photos when they (very glacially) get uploaded 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 12

44 minutes ago, tulok said:

Is the chef Darren McGrady? We saw him on RSSC and he was fantastic. He moved to Texas after Diana’s death. 

It is! Here's the blurb from the press release: 

Royal Afternoon Tea with Royal Chef Darren McGrady

Chef Darren McGrady, personal chef to Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Diana, Prince William and Harry, plus serving five U.S. presidents - leads a sophisticated Royal Afternoon Tea with Sun Princess guests in the Good Spirits at Sea Lounge. Chef McGrady shares his experiences and stories via visual media, interacting with the live host while guests enjoy a spot of tea and the traditional fixings of scones with clotted cream and jam, tea sandwiches, cookies and pastries. Tea pairings include Earl Grey and English Breakfast, along with more exotic varieties like Lapsang Souchong, Assam and Matcha, and guests may request a glass of bubbly for an added charge. Priced at $30 per person, Royal Afternoon Tea is offered on select sea days and can be reserved in advance.

Edited by GK95
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

This may explain why the moved away from the naming convention of the decks, though I do miss that.  Easier to tap on a pad that has simple numbers instead of "Emerald", "Dolphin", "Caribe" etc.  But I surely will miss the lady's voice as she announces "Aloha".  Her voice always makes my family smile.  Small things, I know. 

That makes total sense.  I have been a little sad about the fact that the decks are no longer named and couldn't understand why Princess would change the convention.  But I think you're exactly right...it's because of the elevators.

• Like 1