Jeans now allowed in all dining venues

florisdekort

2 hours ago, commodoredave said:

As I quickly scrolled through topics, this one appeared to say “Jesus now allowed in all dining venues “! 
After stopping and realizing it really said “jeans”, i was very disappointed!

It's Herod they need to worry about. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, commodoredave said:

As I quickly scrolled through topics, this one appeared to say “Jesus now allowed in all dining venues “! 
After stopping and realizing it really said “jeans”, i was very disappointed!

At least they wouldn’t run out of wine. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

I love playing Dress Up but my husband hates it.  
Who cares - let people wear what they like - every time I’m on Seabourn the fashion on guests ranges from super casual all the way to fantastically formal.  
And it’s never, ever made a difference to how fun, friendly and engaging (or not!) a fellow guest turns out to be. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Yes I know it's fashionable but I still ask why especially when some people wearing them resemble the photo below rather than the one above. 🤔🤔

image.jpeg.3af262f2ed0b9e5dba3ab5a7118cd8c1.jpeg

Exactly - what I meant by my previous comment.  Dress to suit your shape.  (In some cases it would mean full Muslim dress for women, but maybe showing some face).😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

Exactly - what I meant by my previous comment.  Dress to suit your shape.  (In some cases it would mean full Muslim dress for women, but maybe showing some face).😉

Good grief.  i think it's time we give the idea of commenting on  what people should wear a rest.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, bitob said:

Are dressy collared polos permitted?

Yes.  On the formal night I was only one of two men in the main dining room without a jacket but I did rock the Palm Beach look (dress shirt with sweater draped over my back).  They let me in anyway....lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ivyleaguegent said:

Yes.  On the formal night I was only one of two men in the main dining room without a jacket but I did rock the Palm Beach look (dress shirt with sweater draped over my back).  They let me in anyway....lol.

Umm, that's not a Palm Beach look.

Seabourn Alaska next month as a test. Great to hear about "elegant" Jeans and expedition changes. Typically we are sailing Silver Sea and are just off an Oceania TA reposition (Tip- Avoid Riviera 10111 in choppy seas, worse than our 4 Drake passages when the stabilizers deploy). I would say to those writing upthread, the current SS elegant night, sounds just like the current SB formal night. So don't be shocked at no ties and occasional jackets on SS. I can put a jacket in my carry on, but I would prefer to avoid that.  Also we have never seen nice jeans kicked out of the MDR on a SS elegant night. YMMV. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Techno123 Well, in the interest of accuracy, or at least complete reporting, it turns out that the newspaper story posted above has been refuted by Zendaya and her assistant. The assistant said their group simply changed their mind about where they wanted to dine. "[The story] this is a bald head lie. We never got denied anywhere. We walked into the building [and] realized we ate there before when we seen the stairs. The same stairs Zendaya slipped on last year and posted about. We all wanted to try a new restaurant and went somewhere else to do so. We actually never went upstairs and interacted with anyone. We talked amongst ourselves in the downstairs lobby. This whole story is a lie." Zendaya also made fun of the rumor on Instagram by posting an illustration of a person asking "Source?" along with the response, "I made it up."

So the search for a dress code enforcer goes on… 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3