Which Easter Caribbean cruise would you choose?

We are looking to book a cruise for Spring Break in March 2024. We are a family of 4 and my kids will be 5 and 7 at the time of travel. We will be doing 1 week at Disney World followed by one of these cruises:

1) Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 6 nights, $3700 CAD Balcony: CocoCay, Labadee, Puerto Plata, 2 days at Sea 

2) Vista (Carnival), 8 nights, $4400 CAD Oceanview: Aruba, Curacoa, Grand Turks, 4 nights at Sea

3) Apex (Celebrity), 7 nights, $4400 CAD Interior: San Juan, St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Puerto Plata, 2 days at Sea

I feel like Carnival's and Celebrity's itinerary will be more beautiful, but Royal Caribbeans will be cheaper since you can just walk off the ship in all 3 locations and go to the beach/pool without having to book excursions. Since we have young kids (and my husband and I have done many cruises pre-children) we don't need to do any crazy excursions. We just want water, sun, sand and a drink in hand. Celebrity's boat looks the nicest, but I read it's not as fun for kids. Thanks for any input! 

3 hours ago, CanadianCruiseCritic said:

We are looking to book a cruise for Spring Break in March 2024. We are a family of 4 and my kids will be 5 and 7 at the time of travel. We will be doing 1 week at Disney World followed by one of these cruises:

1) Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 6 nights, $3700 CAD Balcony: CocoCay, Labadee, Puerto Plata, 2 days at Sea 

2) Vista (Carnival), 8 nights, $4400 CAD Oceanview: Aruba, Curacoa, Grand Turks, 4 nights at Sea

3) Apex (Celebrity), 7 nights, $4400 CAD Interior: San Juan, St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Puerto Plata, 2 days at Sea

I feel like Carnival's and Celebrity's itinerary will be more beautiful, but Royal Caribbeans will be cheaper since you can just walk off the ship in all 3 locations and go to the beach/pool without having to book excursions. Since we have young kids (and my husband and I have done many cruises pre-children) we don't need to do any crazy excursions. We just want water, sun, sand and a drink in hand. Celebrity's boat looks the nicest, but I read it's not as fun for kids. Thanks for any input! 

We have shared with our kids in insides and outsides.  Both worked fine for us.  I would choose #1 for the reasons you give.   Plus, the kiddos will enjoy RCI more too I think.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:38 PM, mom says said:

There is no way on God's green earth that I would do a week in an inside cabin with 2 kids. But YMMV. At least with a balcony you can sit outside after the kids go to bed. So, by default I'd pick #1.

I don't have any desire to ever have an interior cabin with just my wife...I can't imagine if we had multiple rugrats along with us. No thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Adventure: would be the most relaxing with stops in Coco Cay and Labadee...in a balcony....but only 6 days...older ship.

Vista: Longer cruise...great ports.

Apex: best ship of the 3...perhaps better food.

* CanadianCruiseCritic...it sounds like you already know the differences...ultimately, it's what is important to you.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, CanadianCruiseCritic said:

A no-brainer.  CocoCay, Labadee and Puerto Plata are synthetic "Caribbean" ports - you might as well stay on the ship when the yahoos get off.  Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk (not so much) are OK - but involve a lot of sea days.  San Juan and St. Maarten are the two best ports in the Caribbean - and Celebrity will give you a good shipboard experience -- followed by Royal Caribbean, with Carnival a distant third.

• Like 1

I am glad to help . I have been on about 30 cruises, so I have a few tips. I would choose the Carnival Vista. The main reason is the itinerary. Aruba and Curacao are my to favorite ports. Plus Carnival is a great cruise line for kids. Another thing is 8 days, you are flying to Florida so take advantage of your time.