Luggage Valet out of Fort Lauderdale

chamima

Even if it does return, I'm speaking from first hand experience on my first X cruise, be advised travel insurance does not cover luggage lost by luggage valet as the service is an independent 3rd party.  It's possible to have coverage added yet you need to ensure the insurer is aware that valet is a service not part of the cruise line or airline

For whatever the reason, Covid seems to have killed Luggage Valet  almost across the board.  Understand that the service still exists in Seattle but I have not sailed from there so I cannot confirm it.

It is a real shame. It was the best money I ever spent on a cruise.

In Seattle, the service was paid for by the city of Seattle, since so many flights from there leave late in the day, because it freed up passengers who wanted to do some sightseeing in the city but didn’t want to drag their luggage around with them.

Reports are that other cruise lines have reinstated luggage valet from Florida ports but Celebrity has not for whatever reasons.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

In Seattle, the service was paid for by the city of Seattle, since so many flights from there leave late in the day, because it freed up passengers who wanted to do some sightseeing in the city but didn’t want to drag their luggage around with them.

Reports are that other cruise lines have reinstated luggage valet from Florida ports but Celebrity has not for whatever reasons.  

Princess has it in FLL; don't know why X doesn't offer it but for those who want it they should email X customer service

From Princess in FLL, not all airlines participate nor is every flight eligible, must be a domestic flight, if a FLL flight must be no earlier than 1130am and if a MIA flight must be earlier than 2pm

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Princess has it in FLL; don't know why X doesn't offer it but for those who want it they should email X customer service

From Princess in FLL, not all airlines participate nor is every flight eligible, must be a domestic flight, if a FLL flight must be later than 1130am and if a MIA flight must be later 2pm

I thought I knew that some cruise lines had reinstated it. So thanks.

Is it 11:30 or later OR later than 11:30?

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, edited to no earlier than

Thanks.

I remember having an 11:25 flight once that the cruise line (can't remember if it was Princess or Celebrity) wouldn't budge on so it's an important distinction.

And I agree that, especially in Florida, with the really long lines to check luggage, it's money well spent!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chamima said:

Thanks.

I remember having an 11:25 flight once that the cruise line (can't remember if it was Princess or Celebrity) wouldn't budge on so it's an important distinction.

And I agree that, especially in Florida, with the really long lines to check luggage, it's money well spent!!!

There are alternatives to the long lines.  Airlines also have curb side checkin which usually has a much shorter line.  Also some airline credit cards with an annual fee give you airline perks like priority check in and even free luggage for you and your companions.  If a couple flies into a cruise port, at $30 a bag, per person, per flight, would cost $120 total which is often more expensive than the annual fee

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There are alternatives to the long lines.  Airlines also have curb side checkin which usually has a much shorter line.  Also some airline credit cards with an annual fee give you airline perks like priority check in and even free luggage for you and your companions.  If a couple flies into a cruise port, at $30 a bag, per person, per flight, would cost $120 total which is often more expensive than the annual fee

The line was for curbside!!!!!

I NEVER see these lines in Detroit  where we live. I think it's from cruiselines dumping thousands of passengers at a time.

We have free luggage but still had to check it in.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chamima said:

The line was for curbside!!!!!

I NEVER see these lines in Detroit  where we live. I think it's from cruiselines dumping thousands of passengers at a time.

We have free luggage but still had to check it in.

Very possible; I always self-carry off which means I usually get there before the rush of cruise pax arrive

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Very possible; I always self-carry off which means I usually get there before the rush of cruise pax arrive

We typically have much too much luggage to carry.  But as suite guests, we are off the ship early with our luggage and taxi to the airport- we also do curbside check in.

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

From Princess in FLL, not all airlines participate nor is every flight eligible, must be a domestic flight, if a FLL flight must be no earlier than 1130am and if a MIA flight must be earlier than 2pm

Do you mean if a MIA flight it must be no earlier than 2 PM. (With Princess)

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Do you mean if a MIA flight it must be no earlier than 2 PM. (With Princess)

If you sail into Fort Lauderdale and your flight is out of Miami it can be no earlier than 2 pm.

If you sail into Miami and fly out of Miami the flight can be no earlier than 11:30.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chamima said:

😔 Thanks. 😞

I took the 11:30 flight.

Hope it's not too early (in general!) and we don't sail until March so maybe...........

We think we had a 10:30 a.m. flight in August but we had to grab breakfast & be off the ship as early as possible.  Got to FLL with "some" time to spare 🙂

3 hours ago, chamima said:

If you sail into Fort Lauderdale and your flight is out of Miami it can be no earlier than 2 pm.

If you sail into Miami and fly out of Miami the flight can be no earlier than 11:30.

23 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, we had luggage valet on Princess twice this year.   We love it!   I can't figure out what the deal is with Celebrity that they have not reinstated this very popular program.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Yes, we had luggage valet on Princess twice this year.   We love it!   I can't figure out what the deal is with Celebrity that they have not reinstated this very popular program.

I wonder if Celebrity and Princess previously used the same vendor?

yes, it is a great program.

• Like 1