from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Is this by special invite as I'm only D+.  On Oasis I don't recall Chop's being open for breakfast.

I miss the WJ breakfast set up on Quantum and Anthem.  They have at a minimum 2 egg stations for preparation of omelets and other egg dishes.  Also, waffles that I occasionally ask them to prepare a fresh one in front of me.

The egg stations become pasta stations for lunch.

On Oasis, the only place that one can get an omelet or freshly made egg dishes is in the MDR.  JR used to, but a poster mentioned that is no longer the case.

PS.  I do miss the buffet layout in the MDR for breakfast and lunch on the Q and O classes.

Agree...the omelet stations in the WJ are nice...except when there is a long line.  😮 

Oops...sorry.  I thought you were Pinnacle.  On ships without a CK, suites and Pinnacles are invited into Chops for breakfast.  And just Pinnacles if it is a CK ship.  

I miss the old "Tutti Salad Bar" pre Covid cruises in the MDR for lunch.   I guess they decided not to bring it back...sadly.  😞 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Not yet! On Brilliance Chops was for suites; Pins got a separate floor in the MDR. 

Really?   That's odd.  Just disembarked twin sister Serenade (docked next to Brilliance in fact in Tampa).  We (as Pinnacles) and all suites guests were invited into Chops for breakfast each morning.  We used it for two weeks and loved the meals in there....for breakfast that is....dinner another story. 

Perhaps you had a huge number of Pinnies on board, and could not fit them all in with the suites?

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I qualify for 7 blox on world cruise🤣

Oh no....not more Serenade blocks!!  Uggh...either will refuse them or...as lately...give them to crew members.  

I just received a seventh Serenade block last week.  I gave it to our cabin attendant.  He was so happy, he almost cried!  

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Really?   That's odd.  Just disembarked twin sister Serenade (docked next to Brilliance in fact in Tampa).  We (as Pinnacles) and all suites guests were invited into Chops for breakfast each morning.  We used it for two weeks and loved the meals in there....for breakfast that is....dinner another story. 

Perhaps you had a huge number of Pinnies on board, and could not fit them all in with the suites?

It was the TA, I think 149 Ps 

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

It was the TA, I think 149 Ps 

Yeah, TAs are a world apart from "normal" cruises.  Everything is different.  

On recent Wonder TA, Pinnies had all of Solarium Bistro for just them for both breakfast and lunch.  There were over 300 of us.  

Brilliance doing the Tampa RT runs right now...I am guessing Pinnies are back to Chops for breakfast as usual.   

Edited by island lady

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

On Oasis, the only place that one can get an omelet or freshly made egg dishes is in the MDR.  JR used to, but a poster mentioned that is no longer the case.

We just got off of the Wonder (December 11-18) and ate breakfast every morning at JR. Hubby had eggs cooked to order and I had the delicious egg, bacon and cheese sandwich! Not sure if the other Oasis class ships still do that or not but the Wonder served a "wonder"ful breakfast for us!

P.S. JR was still complimentary as well!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We just got off of the Wonder (December 11-18) and ate breakfast every morning at JR. Hubby had eggs cooked to order and I had the delicious egg, bacon and cheese sandwich! Not sure if the other Oasis class ships still do that or not but the Wonder served a "wonder"ful breakfast for us!

P.S. JR was still complimentary as well!

Harmony did JR breakfast in July 

Allure did JR breakfast last month

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, NateUpNorth said:

No offense, and with respect and sincerity..... "20 night b2b in a JS" is not your typical RCL passenger. 

I'm just giving the perspective of the slow and steady once a year cruiser. Which I suspect is the majority of the clientele.

Not at all. I think most of us D+ and up cruise at least 6 to 8 times/year minimum. We didn't start out cruising for points. We enjoy it. The points accumulated and there you are. 

On 12/23/2022 at 1:25 PM, Starry Eyes said:

We have been impressed with quality of food at our Cheers with Officer lunches on recent cruises on both Jewel and Wonder.

We have also enjoyed our cheers with the Officer on all of our recent cruises.  Quantum, Anthem, Navigator, Symphony, Grandeur, Ovation and Explorer.  All of them were wonderful and it is our favorite event.

20 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We have also enjoyed our cheers with the Officer on all of our recent cruises.  Quantum, Anthem, Navigator, Symphony, Grandeur, Ovation and Explorer.  All of them were wonderful and it is our favorite event.

We are looking forward to our first time doing this on Harmony in February.  We just crossed the 340 and 350 mark on our last cruise in September. 

21 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not at all. I think most of us D+ and up cruise at least 6 to 8 times/year minimum. We didn't start out cruising for points. We enjoy it. The points accumulated and there you are. 

We are in the exception to this category.  We cruise between one and three times a year and split cruises between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. 

25 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

6-8 times a year!  I wish.  2-3 if we're lucky.  They are often longer cruises like TA so it does add up.  We're at 441.  On Voyager for 9 nts in January. 

13 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It is unlikely that most D+ cruise 6-8 times per year minimum.  Likely there are many D+ who cruise 1-4 times per year and gradually built up points over many years of cruising.  CruiseCritic posts are not representative and naturally draw more posts from the high frequency cruisers.  

7 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

It is unlikely that most D+ cruise 6-8 times per year minimum.  Likely there are many D+ who cruise 1-4 times per year and gradually built up points over many years of cruising.  CruiseCritic posts are not representative and naturally draw more posts from the high frequency cruisers.  

Speaking from experience/talking to people onboard, not from CC info. Ask how many book 3 or 4 B2B in January/February.

Those same peeps book for birthdays, family and holiday cruises. 

Maybe those who still work cruise 1 to 4, but those who are retired and love cruising are much higher.

13 hours ago, njkruzer said:

6-8 times a year!  I wish.  2-3 if we're lucky.  They are often longer cruises like TA so it does add up.  We're at 441.  On Voyager for 9 nts in January. 

We did 2-4 cruises a year until we both retired, and then started really sailing as our other relaxation choice (we love to go up to New Smyrna Beach to fish for a week or two when we are between cruises).

Other than special bucket list cruises, all of our bookings are B2B or B2B2B.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

We did 2-4 cruises a year until we both retired, and then started really sailing as our other relaxation choice (we love to go up to New Smyrna Beach to fish for a week or two when we are between cruises).

We also spend time in Hilton Head in January and February.  

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Other than special bucket list cruises, all of our bookings are B2B or B2B2B.

Give me 5!

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Currently have 20 booked (8 B2B and 4 bucket list) and will be booking 6 more when we get on Wonder in 11 days.

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Currently have 20 booked (8 B2B and 4 bucket list) and will be booking 6 more when we get on Wonder in 11 days.

And have you spoken to or do you know others who cruise similarly? (Not being nosey. Trying to prove a point.)

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

And have you spoken to or do you know others who cruise similarly? (Not being nosey. Trying to prove a point.)

We usually see 50-100 people on turn around day that are B2Bing along with us, and we probably have conversations with dozens more on each cruise that are just ending their latest B2B. Met a couple on our B3B last July who essentially do a B52B - although they tend to jump around between cruise lines and continents. (He was a retired surgeon, and she was his nurse). When we go to the clubs, we seem to see the same faces over and over on every cruise.