from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

49 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We rarely book 7 nights or less anymore. 

52 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Speaking from experience/talking to people onboard, not from CC info. Ask how many book 3 or 4 B2B in January/February.

Those same peeps book for birthdays, family and holiday cruises. 

Maybe those who still work cruise 1 to 4, but those who are retired and love cruising are much higher.

Your initial statement posited that most D+’s take 6-8 cruises per year minimum.  That’s not the same as saying how many cruises the D+’s who converse with you (a retiree who takes almost entirely longer cruises) seem to brag about.  You do not cruise with a representative cross section of D+ cruisers, as you do not take representative cruises, just longer ones.  It is unlikely a representative cross section of D+ cruises talk to you as you likely interact most with those doing the same things at the same time.  Even on that cruise you may never encounter: talk with a lot of D+’s.  Furthermore when you are talking about your own high number of cruisers per year, some people exaggerate their own cruising in response.  So, all in all, I have no confidence in your conversation based guess of how many cruises most D+ cruisers take per year.

• Like 1

There is a small group of cruisers who cruise often (at least 10 cruises or more a year), but  in my opinion that is definitely the minority.  We travel often but spend most of our time out of a suite/or loyalty lounge and meet a cross section of cruisers.   Many never heard of a B2B cruise (and want to learn how it works), don't know much about C&A levels and are happy to cruise once a year or so.  Many are not retired, do not live in Orlando ( or other areas of Florida), have to fly to  cruise, have the expense of a pre cruise hotel, have travel days to consider, have families to raise etc.  We love talking to newer cruisers as everything is so exciting to them, they are wowed with the ship, food, entertainment etc.  Rarely do we hear any complaints.

B2B passengers vary from ship to ship/cruise to cruise  as do upper tier loyalty passengers.  We often sail during holidays, Spring Break, Summer and there are way fewer upper tier passengers/B2B  on those expensive cruises.  Had just 12 Pinnacles  on a recent Jewel cruise just before Christmas.  Full ship/lots of families. 

We've been sailing since 1987 and took our first RCCL ship in the early 90's.  We  became  Diamond Plus back  in 2008  and took 4 (sometimes 5) cruises each year till about 2015. At that time, we upped it a bit. 

We've are fortunate that we've been able to travel for so many years.   We've seen lots of changes.  Some good, others not so much.   No telling what the next changes (enhancements as RCCL calls them)  will be. 

m

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Your initial statement posited that most D+’s take 6-8 cruises per year minimum.  That’s not the same as saying how many cruises the D+’s who converse with you (a retiree who takes almost entirely longer cruises) seem to brag about.  You do not cruise with a representative cross section of D+ cruisers, as you do not take representative cruises, just longer ones.  It is unlikely a representative cross section of D+ cruises talk to you as you likely interact most with those doing the same things at the same time.  Even on that cruise you may never encounter: talk with a lot of D+’s.  Furthermore when you are talking about your own high number of cruisers per year, some people exaggerate their own cruising in response.  So, all in all, I have no confidence in your conversation based guess of how many cruises most D+ cruisers take per year.

I agree with you. We are halfway to pinnacle and we sail 2-3 times a year. The most every was maybe 5 or 6. 

Aloha. Since we divide our time between NY and Honolulu we do not cruise as often maybe twice per year but these have been longer cruises. Blessed to have seen the world. Love sailing on various lines and ships and while we are at top tier or near top tier on most of the lines, we like the variety and love to compare not complain. We have met the loveliest people and still keep in touch with many of them. Cruising is certainly  the way to go and I love the food! Enjoy everyone and have a blessed new year!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Currently have 20 booked (8 B2B and 4 bucket list) and will be booking 6 more when we get on Wonder in 11 days.

I have a couple cruises that only count as one each.   But they are 62 night single leg cruises.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Blind Eyes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

BTW, I never meant to sound bragging. Nor did I ever say how often we personally cruise. Go back and see who I was responding to and why please. That OP was complaining that he did not feel appreciated by Royal for cruising 1 x year. You took it all out if proportion and context and used it to ponce, in typical CC fashion. Read with context please.  😃  I hope you cruise as often as you can and want to.

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

Ok newly Diamond, where do I find my gift choices?  Am I eligible for any of them?

Right now (as we do not know what may soon change), as a D you are eligible for a welcome beverage amenity.  For diamonds the choices include can of soda or can/bottle of water or bottle of juice.  Those choices expand when you hit D+.  There are also other gifts for D+ and Pin

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No just asked a question in an attempt to help the OP get a correct answer.

The question, and for that matter, this thread....is about gifts and amenities.   

C&A beverage Vouchers are a totally different subject.  These were brought into being to appease the masses and lighten up the sardine can in the lounges.