Morning Room service - is there a charge for coffee?

BarbieGee

3 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Do they still have the door hangars or do you call room service for morning delivery?

I did two cruise this year, no door hangers. In November there was a $3.00 charge list for coffee on the QR menu but they told us the was no charge in morning.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Do they still have the door hangars or do you call room service for morning delivery?

They have discontinued the door hangers.  Continental breakfast is still free - at least it was the last time I sailed (a few weeks ago).

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

No.  But order it the night before if you don't want to wait for it.

If they let you do this on your recent cruise you were lucky. Two months ago people were being told no pre-ordering the night before and JH confirmed this was correct procedure when he was asked at the time. This may be one of those YMMV things SCPDGTW ( Some Carnival People Don't Get The Word.) 🙂 

• Thanks 1

If you don't want to wait, what I did was before our last cruise I bought a small thermos. Big enough to hold about three average cups of coffee. I'd head up to the Lido, fill it up, grab a couple of coffee cups and head back to my cabin. Took maybe 5 minutes as I'm usually up early enough where there's no wait for the elevators. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, BlerkOne said:

No charge, but a gratuity is expected.

12 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Is the gratuity any which I wish to give or is an 18% automatically charged?

Since there is no charge (if you only order coffee), you won't be automatically charged 18% on zero.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Since there is no charge (if you only order coffee), you won't be automatically charged 18% on zero.

Excellent. I always like to tip in addition to any imposed gratuity but this allows me to show my gratitude.

As of today, the continental breakfast is included in your cruise fare and there is no charge for delivery to your stateroom for these items. Thermos of coffee, danishes, cereals, juices, etc. There are some items available on the breakfast room service menu that have a charge - biscuit sandwiches for example. It's entirely possible that by the time you cruise this may have changed.

• Like 1

We were on the Glory in June and could not get the app to work and could not get anyone on phone to answer. I was not happy but hubby, being much easier going than I, suggested we go to coffee shop. We do not drink fancy coffee at home, but loved trying different fancy coffees. We always get Cheers, so now we are looking forward to our cruise fancy coffee in January.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

We were on the Glory in June and could not get the app to work and could not get anyone on phone to answer. I was not happy but hubby, being much easier going than I, suggested we go to coffee shop. We do not drink fancy coffee at home, but loved trying different fancy coffees. We always get Cheers, so now we are looking forward to our cruise fancy coffee in January.

That's probably what DH and I will do this January on Magic.  We have Cheers and fancy coffees are tasty!!

It would be nice if the app had a Domino's like feature (of progress), if nothing else to give you hope and some kind of status update for room service orders. There's nothing more fun than placing an order and waiting over an hour (sometimes) with no idea when it will be there... a prisoner in your cabin !

Tom

• Like 1

I would assume, then, that pre-ordering breakfast coffee etc the evening before would be best? Hopefully they at least knock before they leave your tray? (do they leave your tray at your door?)

You can tell how much a newbie I am 😶

5 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

I would assume, then, that pre-ordering breakfast coffee etc the evening before would be best? Hopefully they at least knock before they leave your tray? (do they leave your tray at your door?)

I have yet to be on a ship that allows ordering the night before.  You have to call and order it when you are ready and just hope there isn't a huge wait.  We have ordered and had them arrive in 10 minutes, other times 45. 

That has pretty much made us look at other option because the convenience is no longer there of knowing it will arrive at a set time.  Knowing the order would arrive at 7am and setting an alarm around that was a nice start to the day.  Now getting up to order and sitting there waiting for delivery isn't the same experience.  

For your question....they knock and wait for you to let them in.  The drop the tray in the cabin and you sign the receipt.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

When I ordered my morning coffee and pastries the night before, I would give them a specific time for delivery.  I would hear a light knock on my door and they would pass the tray to me.  Then I would tip them in cash.  Sometimes they would have me sign a receipt (no charge on it) and sometimes no receipt.  My understanding is that if you don't answer the door, they don't leave the tray.  Room Service would call and try to reschedule.  Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1