REGAL Princess food in the MDR

daka

We are just off a REGAL PRINCESS 8 day cruise...

Love the SHIP

Love the STAFF

Love the MEDALLION 

Embark and Debark were EXCELLENT

However, we found the food in the MDR was generally terrible.

Food in the Buffet was just OK

I think the food has been much better on our last cruises...Pre Covid..

We have cancelled our next Princess cruise and are switching back to CELEBRITY,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We’ll be sailing on Regal in 2023 to British Isles embarking in Southampton.  We would have preferred Celebrity, but their ships embark in Amsterdam for British  Isles itineraries.  We actually like Princess Royal class ships, but Celebrity  S class and Edge class is a major step up.  We’re going with the knowledge that we won’t be getting great food, but we’re getting a nice mini suite with a great itinerary.  We will have a wonderful cruise, regardless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daka said:

We are just off a REGAL PRINCESS 8 day cruise...

Love the SHIP

Love the STAFF

Love the MEDALLION 

Embark and Debark were EXCELLENT

However, we found the food in the MDR was generally terrible.

Food in the Buffet was just OK

I think the food has been much better on our last cruises...Pre Covid..

We have cancelled our next Princess cruise and are switching back to CELEBRITY,

Yes, we get the message !

No keep to keep posting your opinion again and again! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re going with the knowledge that we won’t be getting great food, but we’re getting a nice mini suite with a great itinerary.  

Why?

We were on Regal and had great food !

21 years in the military, I sometime get amused when I see people scoff at food but folks have opinions.  I once went 30 plus days of mre’s and would have eaten a grilled turd sandwich in a second so cruise food never bothers me. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I believe that I am still seeing a pattern on good, or not so good (horrible) food based in the ship and the timeframe.   Regal was getting good reviews coming from Europe.   But seems to be getting reviews of a really negative change in the last couple weeks.

Gonzo,  if you get the time, later or after your cruise,  please do post more details on the food, and what you thought was good.

But, reall, the lack of the fettucini Alfredo and the lack of the better signature desserts.  As well as reports of low quality meats, are enough for me to hear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posting the exact same thing a few days ago wasn't enough?

If you're going to Celebrity, go for it. This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure. And certainly not multiple times..

Happy sails z wherever they may take you 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2901374-main-dining-room-food/#comment-64499723

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Why?

We were on Regal and had great food !

So happy to hear you were pleased with the food on Regal.  There have been a few reviews lately with not so positive opinions about the quality in the MDR and buffet.  As I mentioned, we don’t go with high expectations, but will be delighted if they exceed them.  We’re more interested in our amazing itinerary and we do love a mini suite, so it’s going to be wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

So happy to hear you were pleased with the food on Regal.  There have been a few reviews lately with not so positive opinions about the quality in the MDR and buffet.  As I mentioned, we don’t go with high expectations, but will be delighted if they exceed them.  We’re more interested in our amazing itinerary and we do love a mini suite, so it’s going to be wonderful!

We had a minisuite on Regal in May/June this year.

Unfortunately,  as with all forums,  those people who are happy with their food/cabin etc do not post.

But the 0.1% who do have an issue post on here, sometimes on numerous threads, and that gives an entirely erroneous representation of the true facts.

In the interests of transparency,  yes, some of the meals were not as good as others, but our overall experience was fine.

There are 3000+ pax on Regal. Two or three people have said they were unhappy.  2998 were happy !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You made the same post last week.

I thought that it was "Groundhog Day"(The Movie) for a sec.

Thanks for helping to reassure me that I'm not losing my mind..  Yet.

• Haha 2

Funny... we were on the Regal Princess in September 2018 and the Celebrity Reflection in October 2018.  NOW, WE AVOID CELEBRITY!!! We fell in love with the Regal Princess! When we boarded, we went up to the buffet and the crew was ecstatic due to their 100% fantastic grade from the health department.

Then there was the Reflection buffet with flies everywhere........ oh, and snooty crew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are excited to be boarding the Regal soon!   I also wonder if the head executive chef, whatever the title, has just changed recently.   I also noticed that here were good reports from the Regal, until a two or three weeks ago, after coming back to Fort Lauderdale.   And, there seems that, for sure, the menus have changed.

2 hours ago, nini said:

Funny... we were on the Regal Princess in September 2018 and the Celebrity Reflection in October 2018.  NOW, WE AVOID CELEBRITY!!! We fell in love with the Regal Princess! When we boarded, we went up to the buffet and the crew was ecstatic due to their 100% fantastic grade from the health department.

Then there was the Reflection buffet with flies everywhere........ oh, and snooty crew.

Of course you are entitled to your own experience and opinions, but after sailing with Celebrity for 25 years, never, ever, on any ship have we seen flies in the buffet and certainly not in any way imaginable a snooty crew!  We have sailed on Celebrity Reflection a number of times and it was pristine in all eating establishments and the Celebrity crew was, as always, impeccable.  Perhaps your comments were meant to be tongue in cheek or even just a joke.  If that’s the case, please excuse my comments.

17 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Of course you are entitled to your own experience and opinions, but after sailing with Celebrity for 25 years, never, ever, on any ship have we seen flies in the buffet and certainly not in any way imaginable a snooty crew!  We have sailed on Celebrity Reflection a number of times and it was pristine in all eating establishments and the Celebrity crew was, as always, impeccable.  Perhaps your comments were meant to be tongue in cheek or even just a joke.  If that’s the case, please excuse my comments.

Sorry, they were not to be sarcastic. I am glad that you have good experiences. Our Aunt traveled with us and she would comment the same.