Premium Plus Beverage Upgrade Is A Joke

gmbhardy

13 minutes ago, PNWMomma said:

The December 23 revision makes 3 lists in the last 6 weeks. It’s not surprising ships don’t have up to date menus and pricing when things are changing so rapidly. 

And this is my main gripe. It is of course understandable that change happens and if you buy a beverage package of any kind lets say 1 year before a cruise you can expect that they might change something. But constant changes occurring several times in just a couple of months and always removing something and making the package less appealing. That’s just simply crazy and a bad way of running a business. If you want to keep your customers happy you cannot make constant downgrading changes to your product that you already sold to them. 

Can you do it? I am sure NCL lawyers have made it possible with multiple disclaimers here and there. Should you do it? No. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

A change has ocurred recently. It states:

1. no Moet 

2. only one bottle per person during dinner

3. bottles must be consumed in the dining room 

Just adding the link to 12/22 list here even though it can be also found from above 😊 https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_12092022.pdf

I was just on the Escape last week. Moët was still available by the bottle. I ordered a bottle of red that was not on the wine list as an included bottle. It was listed by the glass. I was encouraged to keep the bottle and take whatever wasn’t consumed back to my room.

Edited by FLcruisergrl

40 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

what does "per package" mean? If there are two of us with the upgrade in the same stateroom, is that 2 packages? Or one package for two people? This change is NOT good- as primarily wine drinkers, being able to take open bottles back to the room was one of the main reasons for the upgrade.

I read that "per package" as being 1 bottle PER person who has the package.  We are on the Encore in 7 days and have the + package.  We always get it for the wines at dinner and the bourbon's.  I'll report back in just over a week with our experience on the Encore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

And this is my main gripe. It is of course understandable that change happens and if you buy a beverage package of any kind lets say 1 year before a cruise you can expect that they might change something. But constant changes occurring several times in just a couple of months… That’s just simply crazy and bad way of running a business. If you want to keep your customers happy you cannot make constant downgrading changes to your product that you already sold them. 

Can you do it? I am sure NCL lawyers have made it possible with multiple disclaimers here and there. Should you do it? No. 

Exactly.  When we booked our cruise for next winter I was telling my husband we would get 6 liters of bottled/carton water delivered to our stateroom upon embarkation. Disappointing that was taken away within a couple weeks of making the reservation. Not earth shattering, but I will be continuing to keep tabs on changes over the next year. Won’t be making any bev package upgrade or water package decisions until within a few weeks of the cruise since we don’t know with confidence what will truly be included at this point.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

If something is not available that is understandable, but if something is priced wrong according to their own most recent publication, then that should be questioned.

That can be done.  Last March, I ordered a specific bourbon and was told it wasn't available on the FAS package.  I showed them where that bourbon was listed.  The bartender discussed this with the bar manager and I got that bourbon at no upcharge for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

The bottle selection for wine has never been on that flyer if I am remembering correctly.

They are typically on the wine list at restaurants.

Moet was never available by the glass, only Veuve and Veuve Rose in Le Bistro

It also wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of Moet bottles and made Veuve the designated bottle.  They seem to have a much bigger contract with them and probably get the bottles by the case cheaper.

Either way I am on the Bliss Saturday and will certainly get many answers but I have no intention of cancelling my Plus Package.  Had it on the Epic for NYE22 and on the Sky on Labor Day and it's a must upgrade if you value quality liquor, Fine champagne, Starbucks and water.

Definitely not a rip off if you are doing it right.

If you are just looking to be wondering what time it is for 7 days, you can do well without it I guess.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kdawg954 said:

The bottle selection for wine has never been on that flyer if I am remembering correctly.

They are typically on the wine list at restaurants.

There was a wine by the bottle list on the premium plus version dated November 15, 2022.

979D108F-B6A3-4A2F-B72A-614775910EDE.png

• Like 2

A change has ocurred recently. It states:

1. no Moet 

2. only one bottle per person during dinner

3. bottles must be consumed in the dining room 

Just adding the link to 12/22 list here even though it can be also found from above 😊 https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_12092022.pdf

No Moet?!?  I can make do with Vueve Clicquot. One bottle per person at dinner means we can have 2 bottles. Disappointing but still OK. Just saw Woodford Reserve off the new list. That's the straw that might break the camel's back. 

5 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I read that "per package" as being 1 bottle PER person who has the package.  We are on the Encore in 7 days and have the + package.  We always get it for the wines at dinner and the bourbon's.  I'll report back in just over a week with our experience on the Encore. 

That's what I'm hoping it means! We upgraded to FAS+ last month for a 15D next month; we never had the PP+ on prior cruises and were looking forward to the 'bottles w/wine' benefit.   I'll watch to see how it goes on your upcoming cruise!

Per FLcruisegrl's post #28, maybe all the recent changes may not yet be fully understood or followed by the staff??

1 minute ago, molemaui said:

No Moet?!?  I can make do with Vueve Clicquot. One bottle per person at dinner means we can have 2 bottles. Disappointing but still OK. Just saw Woodford Reserve off the new list. That's the straw that might break the camel's back. 

Woodford Reserve still on   +++NEWEST++   P+ list

• Like 1

So have they readded the Veuve by the bottle and removed Moet? I’m fine with that, looks like Hennessy XO has also been added, yeah I can do a lot of damage with that list. 

They also added the 1 bottle per package holder because it was probably getting abused with 1 person in the party ordering bottles for all of their table mates. 

Edited by JustAPilot

Just now, JustAPilot said:

So have they readded the Veuve by the bottle and removed Moet? I’m fine with that, looks like Hennessy XO has also been added, yeah I can do a lot of damage with that list. 

I primarily get the package for Patron Anejo (drinks and night time shots), Veuve,  Starbucks and both sparkling/regular water.

Will touch the Henny XO and the Zacapa 23.

I like the Moet bottle option back to the room, but it's not a deal breaker if it's a hassle to do.  Not when I can order two glasses of Veuve per person.

Btw just noticed that the package now says that the premium plus package includes ”Energy drinks and ZERO Sugar beverage selection”. 

As NCL just moved to Coca Cola products and they have the Zero (light) product line does it mean that if you have only the basic free at sea beverage package you are limited to the sugary sodas only? Previously they mentioned the list like Pepsi, Diet Pepsi etc on the beverage package but now the basic beverage package only says ”sodas” and doesn’t aknowledge diet sodas separately 🤔 How nice if only premium beverage package folks can get zero sugar sodas…

On our recent October cruise on BA the Sprite Zero and Coke Zero were cans. Diet Coke, regular coke and sprite were on the fountain guns.  With this newest list,  I believe that if you want a Sprite Zero you will be charged if you don’t have PP+. Which I think is wrong!!  Looks like my OBC will now be used to cover all the newest incidentals instead of extra tipping at specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdawg954 said:

Definitely not a rip off if you are doing it right.

My cruise is 11 months out but, all else being relatively equal then, I'll go with the FAS+ package.  I'll wait until we're closer to sailing before booking it, hoping Amex Platinum has another promo 🙂  I've done the math previously; between Pellegrino and Starbucks, I almost breakeven before my first drink.  Give me a bottle of wine with dinner and a couple glasses of (real) Champagne and it's a win for me.

It's funny, the list has been changed multiple times since it was rolled out and the offerings on board (re: wine anyway) never seem to match up with the wine list on the ship. On my last cruise, the brochure in the room was not the most current version that I pulled from the website.  And as I mentioned previously, when I click on Premium Plus as an add-on for my next cruise, the old version still shows, not December 2022.

I'm not super picky and I've never felt cheated.  In fact, whenever there's been an issue -- rarely -- I've found the crew tries to err in favor of the passenger.  Of course, if someone drinks one liquor pretty exclusively and that isn't available, I could understand being upset!

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

My cruise is 11 months out but, all else being relatively equal then, I'll go with the FAS+ package.  I'll wait until we're closer to sailing before booking it, hoping Amex Platinum has another promo 🙂  I've done the math previously; between Pellegrino and Starbucks, I almost breakeven before my first drink.  Give me a bottle of wine with dinner and a couple glasses of (real) Champagne and it's a win for me.

It's funny, the list has been changed multiple times since it was rolled out and the offerings on board (re: wine anyway) never seem to match up with the wine list on the ship. On my last cruise, the brochure in the room was not the most current version that I pulled from the website.  And as I mentioned previously, when I click on Premium Plus as an add-on for my next cruise, the old version still shows, not December 2022.

I'm not super picky and I've never felt cheated.  In fact, whenever there's been an issue -- rarely -- I've found the crew tries to err in favor of the passenger.  Of course, if someone drinks one liquor pretty exclusively and that isn't available, I could understand being upset!

The only negative for FAS+ is I haven't been able to verify it I can book onboard or not.  Didn't wanna risk it but would of liked to use OBC.  Oh well.

Absolutely took advantage last cruise of all the perks of FAS+.  The Patron Bar at GSC was amazing with it.

Most importantly I don't force myself to drink to feel like I'm taking advantage.  I like my iced Starbucks every morning, and I like my sparkling water at every meal, and my carton water on the way back to the cabin.

And I love taking shots of Patron Anejo vs. Patron Silver.  And a glass of Veuve waiting for me when the bartender sees me and then also remembers my name because I have P+.

$29 a day is nothing for the added experience of the package IMO.  Again if you are doing it right.  Totally get its not for everybody and I wouldn't want everybody getting it anyways.

• Like 2

I guess all those people who bragged about ordering several bottles and sharing with others ruined it for the rest of us.  We both have the package, so 2 bottles is still more than enough and we drink cocktails 75% of the time anyway.  Keeping our upgrade.

4 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I’ll be sure to follow 😁 A ”live from…” could be quite nice also 😅

We are next cruising in April with DH. My current aim is to get as much money out of the premium plus package as possible even though I do not even want to drink so much.

Why do I want to do it? Just because. Never make a woman upset by promising unlimited champagne and then do your best to limit it (in just the past few months NCL has removed Moet from the premium plus, blamed supply chain issues for not having enough champagne on board, making it difficult to find a glass of champagne on the ships bars,  limited the amount of wine/champagne bottles to one bottle per dinner pp and limited the drinking of such bottles only to the dinner restaurant). Who knows what they limit still before April… 

If I cannot have my champagne I’ll make sure I’ll order other expensive stuff to the max. It would be much cheaper for NCL to just give me my champagne without a hassle 😏

"Just Because" is exactly why I'm doing it too. I hear ya, girl. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

To what end? What solution will you seek if the beverage is unavailable? NCL won't refund you as the list/marketing clearly states that beverages are provided on an as available basis. 

Sometimes it's good just to let it be known how you feel. Most people don't. They just get annoyed and spew to other cruisers they travel with (I am in both camps here, depending on my mood, lol). If more upset people let the managers know they are upset and why, things could change.

• Like 1