Premium Plus Beverage Upgrade Is A Joke

gmbhardy

4 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Btw just noticed that the package now says that the premium plus package includes ”Energy drinks and ZERO Sugar beverage selection”. 

As NCL just moved to Coca Cola products and they have the Zero (light) product line does it mean that if you have only the basic free at sea beverage package you are limited to the sugary sodas only? 

On the Joy they had both Coke Zero and Sprite Zero, but you had to request them by name.  If you had the FAS+ package they would give you the can too if you asked.  When we asked for some water without instructions they would bring back a huge 1 liter carton.  As I like sparkling water the FAS+ was good as they would just bring the entire bottle.

26 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Next up...

Super Premium Plus Beverage Package that includes all the things the Premium Plus used to include for only an extra $49 per person per day on top of what the Premium Plus package costs.

Stop providing ideas to the powers that be… I’d like something to be included with my FAS base “unlimited” beverage package next winter! 😂😂😜😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Btw just noticed that the package now says that the premium plus package includes ”Energy drinks and ZERO Sugar beverage selection”. 

As NCL just moved to Coca Cola products and they have the Zero (light) product line does it mean that if you have only the basic free at sea beverage package you are limited to the sugary sodas only? Previously they mentioned the list like Pepsi, Diet Pepsi etc on the beverage package but now the basic beverage package only says ”sodas” and doesn’t aknowledge diet sodas separately 🤔 How nice if only premium beverage package folks can get zero sugar sodas…

I find this interesting. As a diabetic, I don't think they could exclude all the sugar free beverages without getting worried about discrimination (I know my husband would LOVE to fight with NCL about this). I think I remember reading on a Carnival live posting that Coke Zero either wasn't available everywhere or wasn't part of the drink package.

Personally I think Coke Zero tastes like crap, so I'm fine with regular Diet Coke, but if they won't allow me to have what is "medically" necessary, then I will not be happy. Besides wine, my go-to drinks are whatever and diet soda.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stefmaia said:

***** NEWEST LIST********

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_122322.pdf

NOTE !!! Some drinks available only in the Haven !! See small print in the Whiskey section

@European_CruiseGirl@phillygwm

Looks like just Jw blue. I was thinking of canceling without the Moet but now I’m thinking I actually might go find some of those bourbons and tequilas.  And can always fall back on screwball for my “dessert wine”

5 hours ago, laudergayle said:

On our recent October cruise on BA the Sprite Zero and Coke Zero were cans. Diet Coke, regular coke and sprite were on the fountain guns.  With this newest list,  I believe that if you want a Sprite Zero you will be charged if you don’t have PP+. Which I think is wrong!!  Looks like my OBC will now be used to cover all the newest incidentals instead of extra tipping at specialty restaurants.

You can fight NCL on this. Just say that you need sugar-free, no caffeine drinks. We actually had a waiver to bring on liquids for several cruises. Our reasons were that my husband needed sugar-free no caffeine options and at the time Diet Sierra Mist was difficult to come by on ships. We also needed it for sugar-free ginger ale, since they do not offer this.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stefmaia said:

I just read the small print again,

Does anyone have any idea what the "Connoisseur Collection " actually is??

I think it might be coravin wines by the glass.  I saw that a few times on the Prima but was not surprised at all.

5 hours ago, molemaui said:

No Moet?!?  I can make do with Vueve Clicquot. One bottle per person at dinner means we can have 2 bottles. Disappointing but still OK. Just saw Woodford Reserve off the new list. That's the straw that might break the camel's back. 

Yeah— Try the EH Taylor small batch

7 hours ago, phillygwm said:

You can upgrade to P+ on the ship, I'm told, so maybe that's your best bet.  After boarding, try a couple bars to see whether the bottles important to you are available, then upgrade or not based on that.  

I think that’s a pretty sound strategy, however I’ve read that on some ships they run out of some selections  near the end of the cruise. If that’s true on a seven day cruise, I’m wondering what might happen on a 15 day cruise.

6 hours ago, brookie848 said:

if they won't allow me to have what is "medically" necessary, then I will not be happy. Besides wine, my go-to drinks are whatever and diet soda.

Is that the medically necessary sugar free wine and sugar free "whatever" 😂

• Haha 1

We had the Plus package last month on the Joy, it was a packed cruise. We had plenty of options for wine (I see one missing from the list that someone posted above). As long as they have The Macallan Quest I'm good. Loved the Starbucks and water and sparkling water. The Atrium bar ran out of quest the last night, they were swamped, I didn't question anything. The package was well worth it for us. We have it for a 12 night next month. Will be interesting to see if there is a difference for us!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PNWMomma said:

Exactly.  When we booked our cruise for next winter I was telling my husband we would get 6 liters of bottled/carton water delivered to our stateroom upon embarkation. Disappointing that was taken away within a couple weeks of making the reservation. Not earth shattering, but I will be continuing to keep tabs on changes over the next year. Won’t be making any bev package upgrade or water package decisions until within a few weeks of the cruise since we don’t know with confidence what will truly be included at this point.

Where did you read that this new water benefit was taken away?  

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I haven't read that it was taken away, without being started. But, I'm not seeing it on any public literature now. I did find this information (I can't link to it, so you'll have to believe me - or not):

• Effective for reservations booked prior to 12/15/2022 for sailings on or after 1/1/2023  - Includes 6 one-liter Flow Water cartons per stateroom delivered on embarkation day.

I guess this must have been a special promotion or the bean counters convinced the marketers it was a bad idea to offer water to anyone with the Unlimited Open Bar package.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PNWMomma said:

The December 23 revision makes 3 lists in the last 6 weeks. It’s not surprising ships don’t have up to date menus and pricing when things are changing so rapidly. 

I'm quoting you but this isn't directed at you 🙂

Would people feel better if the lists weren't updated as supply issues occur and are resolved? I feel like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Communicate too much, communicate too little.

I did notice that the 12/9 list had the 1792 small batch bourbon listed on each package. This one changes the P+ 1792 bourbon to the full proof.

I do like the fact that they specify where some of the liquors will be found.

Do all ships have a whiskey bar?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disfan13 said:

We had the Plus package last month on the Joy, it was a packed cruise. We had plenty of options for wine (I see one missing from the list that someone posted above). As long as they have The Macallan Quest I'm good. Loved the Starbucks and water and sparkling water. The Atrium bar ran out of quest the last night, they were swamped, I didn't question anything. The package was well worth it for us. We have it for a 12 night next month. Will be interesting to see if there is a difference for us!

I'm so conflicted on upgrading for my next cruise.  I was all set to upgrade specifically for the Macallan.  then I started reading the posts about items not being available and boy would I be pissed if the only drink I'm upgrading for is not available.  For me, it's a even bigger cost because I've always declined the included drink package so I'd have to take the drink package as well as the upgrade.Happy you had the Macallan for most of your cruise.

Just now, reeinaz said:

I'm quoting you but this isn't directed at you 🙂

Would people feel better if the lists weren't updated as supply issues occur and are resolved? I feel like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Communicate too much, communicate too little.

I did notice that the 12/9 list had the 1792 small batch bourbon listed on each package. This one changes the P+ 1792 bourbon to the full proof.

I do like the fact that they specify where some of the liquors will be found.

Do all ships have a whiskey bar?

funny.  I was just about to look at which ships has whiskey bars, too.  I see the JW Blue is only available in the Haven bar, so that's out for me

7 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm so conflicted on upgrading for my next cruise.  I was all set to upgrade specifically for the Macallan.  then I started reading the posts about items not being available and boy would I be pissed if the only drink I'm upgrading for is not available.  For me, it's a even bigger cost because I've always declined the included drink package so I'd have to take the drink package as well as the upgrade.Happy you had the Macallan for most of your cruise.

I had the Macallan the entire cruise - the Atrium bar ran out at about 9:00 and they were so busy. I could have walked my fat butt to Maltings but had another Macallan. Was fine. 

52 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I haven't read that it was taken away, without being started. But, I'm not seeing it on any public literature now. I did find this information (I can't link to it, so you'll have to believe me - or not):

• Effective for reservations booked prior to 12/15/2022 for sailings on or after 1/1/2023  - Includes 6 one-liter Flow Water cartons per stateroom delivered on embarkation day.

I guess this must have been a special promotion or the bean counters convinced the marketers it was a bad idea to offer water to anyone with the Unlimited Open Bar package.

Wow.   Did not catch this change--good catch.  However, disappointing. 

On another note, have a wonderful sailing this week!

Has anyone confirmed if you can upgrade on the ship? I want to visit the Haven Bar and see what is actually available prior to buying the upgrade.

Or, has anyone been on Prima in the Haven and have a photo of their liquor menu?

Thank you,

Adam

Edited by adamnoone

2 minutes ago, adamnoone said:

Has anyone confirmed if you can upgrade on the ship? I want to visit the Haven Bar and see what is actually available prior to buying the upgrade.

You can absolutely upgrade onboard to the P+ drink package.  If you are staying in the Haven, just discuss with the concierge.  They will add it to your account and re-print your key card with the proper code (P+) right at their desk.

I'm not sure if you can do the full free at sea plus upgrade onboard.  

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

It was listed as a benefit on the beverage package page(attached screenshot), and on the flyer in small print when we did our booking. The flyer pdf was dated November 15 at the time we booked.

The 6 1 Liter of flow is no longer listed on the beverage package page or the new beverage packages flyer(not the Dec9 or Dec23 version).

3478E1C0-2038-4C0C-994D-3F9E0929AE1C.png