First Timer Any "Insider" Tips ?

itzfitz

3 minutes ago, JRIH said:

I've always uploaded a passport photo.  That has always done the trick.  But chances are they are going to take another photo of you at embarkation.

Thanks for that info. On DCL they require a photo that is different from your passport. 

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Yes the Check in Requires you to provide a face shot and they will also take another photo when you are boarding. Maybe just in case we old timers had a face lift in between photos, 🤪
Mauibabes

Can we check in on our computer or do we need to do it on our phones (to snap a photo)? My computer has a camera, so maybe....? 

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

Can we check in on our computer or do we need to do it on our phones (to snap a photo)? My computer has a camera, so maybe....? 

I did it on my computer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 4:53 PM, jennybenny said:

I did it on my computer with no problem. They took another photo when we checked into the ship so I don't understand the need for the one for the on line check in. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, schmerl said:

I did it on my computer with no problem. They took another photo when we checked into the ship so I don't understand the need for the one for the on line check in. 

I no longer have a computer. Hopefully I can do everything on the iPhone. I found no need for purchasing a computer. iPhone does everything. 

• Haha 1

I also am new to Oceania and we  will be taking our first cruise on May 4.   We have OBC and was thinking of getting the drink package for my husband.   This is a btb cruise so will be total of 14 days and it appears that price they are quoting me is for the full 14 days.   But then it says it breaks down to $19.99 per day which does not seem correct - normally drink packages are about $40 or more per day.   If it truly is $19.99 I am going to jump on it.   So my question is - How much is drink package normally.  This particular cruise is May 4 and 11 on the Regatta from LA.

I thought there was a search feature on cruise critic but I cannot locate it so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

Jill

5 minutes ago, jill1349 said:

I also am new to Oceania and we  will be taking our first cruise on May 4.   We have OBC and was thinking of getting the drink package for my husband.   This is a btb cruise so will be total of 14 days and it appears that price they are quoting me is for the full 14 days.   But then it says it breaks down to $19.99 per day which does not seem correct - normally drink packages are about $40 or more per day.   If it truly is $19.99 I am going to jump on it.   So my question is - How much is drink package normally.  This particular cruise is May 4 and 11 on the Regatta from LA.

I thought there was a search feature on cruise critic but I cannot locate it so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

Jill

Not sure who is doing the math  but the  Prestige  package is  $69.95 PP PD

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

You could always wait a few days  & see how much you drink before committing to the package

The search  feature is at the top right of the page  just under your name

LHT28, wow that was a fast and helpful reply.   Thank you for information on the drink package and search feature.   Think we will skip the drink package and just buy drinks as we drink them.  I only have one glass of wine per day and my husband has a a few more but is not a heavy drinker.

Jill

3 minutes ago, jill1349 said:

LHT28, wow that was a fast and helpful reply.   Thank you for information on the drink package and search feature.   Think we will skip the drink package and just buy drinks as we drink them.  I only have one glass of wine per day and my husband has a a few more but is not a heavy drinker.

Jill

you can also take wine onboard  drink it in your cabin or take it to dinner & pay a corkage fee $25 per bottle (last count ) & they  will save the unfinished  bottle for another night  for you

You can take beer & spirits  for use in your cabin as well

We are light drinkers  so just pay as we drink

Enjoy the cruise

11 minutes ago, jill1349 said:

Jill

Sounds like you did the math, and given what you said, I think you made the right decision. The basic package of about $20 per day per person is only for wine and beer with meals in dining venues, The $70 per day per person prestige package allow for drinks all day in any venue.  We can't possible drink enough to make the prestige package worthwhile.  Besides, there is a 2 for 1 happy hour daily from 5 to 6 pm in the bars which includes all drinks on the regular bar menu.  

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, jill1349 said:

Jill

We’re also new to O & as I recall reading there is a BOGO happy hour daily…4:00 to 6:00? I’ve read that for some it’s been required to get the exact same drink.

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

We’re also new to O & as I recall reading there is a BOGO happy hour daily…4:00 to 6:00? I’ve read that for some it’s been required to get the exact same drink.

I believe it is  the same drink  in the HH   deal  some exceptions apply

it is 5-6 pm  check the CURRENTS  for location

10:30  to 11:30 pm in Horizons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also an O newbie. My first in September to Bermuda. My question is about gratuities. I do not see it mentioned in O-life or as an outside option. Is this a no tip line or do they just add it on at the end of the cruise or do I have to go back to the old days where we brought a bunch of envelopes and bills to hand out? Thanks

4 minutes ago, Alibee33 said:

I am also an O newbie. My first in September to Bermuda. My question is about gratuities. I do not see it mentioned in O-life or as an outside option. Is this a no tip line or do they just add it on at the end of the cruise or do I have to go back to the old days where we brought a bunch of envelopes and bills to hand out? Thanks

They will automatically added to you onboard account

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005476793-What-is-your-gratuity-policy-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have only sailed once on O back in 2015…..if I buy a bottle or two of wine from onboard gifts and they are delivered to the cabin, can I have those at dinner, if I want?  Do I still have to pay corkage if they are onboard gifts?  I might keep a bottle in cabin but I might want to take a bottle to dinner.

37 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I have only sailed once on O back in 2015…..if I buy a bottle or two of wine from onboard gifts and they are delivered to the cabin, can I have those at dinner, if I want?  Do I still have to pay corkage if they are onboard gifts?  I might keep a bottle in cabin but I might want to take a bottle to dinner.

If they are bought on the ship  no corkage fee is charged

You can also bring some with you  for  your cabin  maybe less expensive that buying onboard

If you do take the ones you bring with you to a dining venue then they will charge the corkage fee

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have not been on Oceania for four years. I can’t remember if the mdr is open for lunch every day or just on sea days. 

Unfortunately sea days only. It wasn't always that way. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

Sounds yummy! If they have it in Regatta I’ll try it!

Yes they have it on Regatta...the one with both cream and sugar. On Riviera they also have the one with just sugar. Now if they would just make one with cream and no sugar...yum!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again for all of the information - did not know about bringing on beer and wine and corkage fee and the 2 for 1 happy hour.  Learning a lot from this thread and thanks to all who contributed answers to my inquiry.

Jill

• Thanks 1