First Timer Any "Insider" Tips ?

itzfitz

2 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

Are there any sitting area at the front of the ship on the Regatta? Holland America has the crows nest which looks out over the bow. Also has the coffee shop. 

Horizons  is  the lounge at the front

the room with a view

Take the forward elevators

Deck plans on the website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/deck-plans-details?deck=10

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Horizons  is  the lounge at the front

the room with a view

Take the forward elevators

Deck plans on the website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/deck-plans-details?deck=10

...and while it doesn't have a coffee shop, it has a coffee machine that will make regular or decaf espresso drinks (americano, latte, cappucino...not as good as Baristas) and hot water for tea/hot cocoa. I can't remember if there is cold water or soft drinks. The bar is also open in the evening, and afternoon tea (4 pm) is served in Horizons. It's a nice place to sit and enjoy the view.

• Like 1

Just now, AMHuntFerry said:

...and while it doesn't have a coffee shop, it has a coffee machine that will make regular or decaf espresso drinks (americano, latte, cappucino...not as good as Baristas) and hot water for tea/hot cocoa. I can't remember if there is cold water or soft drinks. The bar is also open in the evening, and afternoon tea (4 pm) is served in Horizons. It's a nice place to sit and enjoy the view.

yes I am aware of that

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

yes I am aware of that

Sorry, not aimed at you 😉 The OP mentioned a coffee shop on the other ship so I was continuing your post instead of repeating what you said. Sorry for the implication since you are one of my favorite O-sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Robjame said:

A Quick check as you exit the elevator is to look for the telephone on the wall. The telephone is always on the Port side. A quick glance and you will look like a pro as you correctly turn to the side of your stateroom.

Brilliant tip!!  I didn't know that.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

Does Oceania have chai tea lattes and if so, are they complimentary?  Many cruise companies don’t have Clamato juice, does Oceania?

LOVE Clamato juice. 

I would think that if they do have chai tea lattes, they would be complimentary but I have no idea if they have them. 

We just booked our first Oceania Cruise last week; I'm enjoying this thread immensely. It's very helpful. Hopefully someone will know the answer about the Clamato juice question..

2 hours ago, oceanpark said:

Does Oceania have chai tea lattes and if so, are they complimentary?  Many cruise companies don’t have Clamato juice, does Oceania?

I have not seen Chai tea   but  you can always ask if they can make them for you

Clamato I think they do have that in the bars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdeb said:

Oceanpark

All nonalcoholic are included in the price. 

There  are new non alcoholic drinks  that are not complimentary

See the menus in the other thread  with  "New bar Menus"  title

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Greyhound Crazy said:

LOVE Clamato juice. 

I would think that if they do have chai tea lattes, they would be complimentary but I have no idea if they have them. 

We just booked our first Oceania Cruise last week; I'm enjoying this thread immensely. It's very helpful. Hopefully someone will know the answer about the Clamato juice question..

I just booked my first Oceania as well!

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, oceanpark said:

O usually has Clamato juice for Bloody Caeser, but on Mari a Dec.4 to 18 thet ran out after day 1.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:48 AM, Robjame said:

Riviera and Marina - if you are going to floor 15 - Horizons - take the front elevators. Tha back ones don’t go to 15.

You will be confused when you get off the elevators as some are bow facing and some are aft facing.  A Quick check as you exit the elevator is to look for the telephone on the wall. The telephone is always on the Port side. A quick glance and you will look like a pro as you correctly turn to the side of your stateroom.

Is this also true on Regatta?

• Like 1

Great thread! We are going on our first cruise on February 19 with Sirena to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We took a deep dive going with Oceania as we never sailed with them before — in fact this will be our first cruise ever! Our travel agent pointed us to Oceania after an interview with us and said that this line would be the best fit. We went with his recommendation. 

We have two reservation for each of the two specialty restaurants. Do I understand correctly that you can go more often if there is space available?

We have concierge service included. What can we expect from it? How can we use it to our best advantage?

We did the O-life package. We opted for the on board credits. We don’t know what to expect of these various Caribbean islands and the excursions were not very appealing. We are not heavy drinkers so we thought this was our best bed. Perhaps there is something to do and see on these islands. We will see when we get there. 

What we did not like so far was the whole flight schedule. We fly in from Vancouver and t will take all night together to Miami with a stop in Toronto. The return flight is even worse with three stops long the way. We asked for arriving a day early and leaving a day later but Oceania was charging more than $1200 extra for that arrangement. 

As it is getting close now we are really getting excited. We are also looking forward in meeting other people there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Huib said:

Great thread! We are going on our first cruise on February 19 with Sirena to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We took a deep dive going with Oceania as we never sailed with them before — in fact this will be our first cruise ever! Our travel agent pointed us to Oceania after an interview with us and said that this line would be the best fit. We went with his recommendation. 

We have two reservation for each of the two specialty restaurants. Do I understand correctly that you can go more often if there is space available?

We have concierge service included. What can we expect from it? How can we use it to our best advantage?

We did the O-life package. We opted for the on board credits. We don’t know what to expect of these various Caribbean islands and the excursions were not very appealing. We are not heavy drinkers so we thought this was our best bed. Perhaps there is something to do and see on these islands. We will see when we get there. 

What we did not like so far was the whole flight schedule. We fly in from Vancouver and t will take all night together to Miami with a stop in Toronto. The return flight is even worse with three stops long the way. We asked for arriving a day early and leaving a day later but Oceania was charging more than $1200 extra for that arrangement. 

As it is getting close now we are really getting excited. We are also looking forward in meeting other people there. 

We also loved our first Oceania cruise, but not our flights home. We have since learned that you have a lot more flexibility than you think. For flights, in the past I have done my research (or your travel agent) and found the flights i prefer. Unfortunately, coming from Vancouver (like us) you don't have the choice that people in the east coast have. I then present my choice to "O" and see what they say. I have found that it might be to my advantage, especially if I want a deviation (travel earlier) to arrange my own flights.

As for "O" life choice, there is no advantage if you are taking the on board  credits. Basically you are prepaying your potential expenses and if you don't use up your credits, you can't cash out and bring the remainder home. The only advantage, if you think you will use it is, it will work slightly to your benefit because the Canadian dollar is doing so poorly against the US.

You can choose to buy the cruise as a cruise only package (no air, no "O"life, but you still get free (slow) internet. Or you can add either air or "O" life to the package. Your agent should be able to price it out for you. You can make changes to your booking if you change your mind on any of the details. Maybe not after final payment.

Hope this helps,

Mia

On 1/1/2023 at 2:30 AM, mauibabes said:

Not certain if there is a physical presence anymore with hand shaking and such due to Covid so they open the Bars for Free drinks for two hours, 6-8 p.m. Heading out on Marina in a couple weeks but have not heard the No Presence policy has been lifted but will know for sure soon. Lots of other recent cruisers will chime in I am sure. 

Mauibabes

I hope you write a report on your cruise, would be interested in reading.

• Like 1