Luggage Tags Not Available at this time

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

I am hoping Auckland cruise terminal has good tags as I am not going to print ones, take tape, scissors and struggle to put them on upon arrival.

Been there, done that and won't do it anymore! 

Yes, the staple or tape can be a pain.

We have used clear holders like these for many years. Most of the online stores like ebay, amazon or etsy have them. Ours were a freebie from our T/A of the day and have lasted well over a dozen cruises. They are even more secure than the sticky backed ones that Graham mentioned.

s-l500.jpg.0ac9cb71ec4c8c61986b8dda065cdc2e.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have used clear holders like these for many years. Most of the online stores like ebay, amazon or etsy have them. Ours were a freebie from our T/A of the day and have lasted well over a dozen cruises. They are even more secure than the sticky backed ones that Graham mentioned.

Fair enough…….But you still need to print the tag out don’t you?….and they really only have to last from the pier your stateroom  but getting your luggage delivered to your stateroom is the important thing,  so whatever works is good. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Fair enough…….But you still need to print the tag out don’t you?….and they really only have to last from the pier your stateroom  but getting your luggage delivered to your stateroom is the important thing,  so whatever works is good. 😁

Yes, printed out at work, folded into holder and attached to bag.

Most of the lines used to have those sticky back tags when they mailed out your travel docs. Twice we had to go hunting for bags that didn't make it to cabin because of a torn-off tag (one of these was on Rhapsody).

36 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Nothing could match that first Celebrity check in could it? 😁

And how is this for a welcome aboard on the Eclipse. All guests get it ….not just the “ spetheil” ones.

The check in on Celebrity Century is one we will never forget.

But I do worry about how they are diluting the spethshialness some of us have.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

The check in on Celebrity Century is one we will never forget.

But I do worry about how they are diluting the spethshialness some of us have.

The red carpet is going, gone?

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

Very good idea!  I think that is what we will do. Now to find the right size to take the HAL tags. Thanks for your help!

13 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Very good idea!  I think that is what we will do. Now to find the right size to take the HAL tags. Thanks for your help!

The sizes are pretty generic, even though some are marketing them per cruise line. All of the online cruise tags print out on A4 paper and fold in the same way.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

The sizes are pretty generic, even though some are marketing them per cruise line. All of the online cruise tags print out on A4 paper and fold in the same way.

No they don't!  That's what I thought, so I looked up the tag from my last Solstice cruise (Dec 2018) and it's much thinner, as there are more folds. From what I remember, NCL's are also thinner like that.

358329095_Fullscreencapture2012023223232_bmp.thumb.jpg.876643444efc96d92395469e601eddb5.jpg

25 minutes ago, boeckli said:

No they don't!  That's what I thought, so I looked up the tag from my last Solstice cruise (Dec 2018) and it's much thinner, as there are more folds. From what I remember, NCL's are also thinner like that.

358329095_Fullscreencapture2012023223232_bmp.thumb.jpg.876643444efc96d92395469e601eddb5.jpg

I still fold them in 1/3rds across and half lengthways which I have done twice for Solstice. All the info is still visible and fits snug into the same holder.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

I still fold them in 1/3rds across and half lengthways which I have done twice for Solstice. All the info is still visible and fits snug into the same holder.

OR……….just get a tag from the luggage people and write your name and stateroom number on it .  😁😁………no printing (need a printer) no holders needed, folding/ cutting,  securing etc.🤔

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gbenjo said:

OR……….just get a tag from the luggage people and write your name and stateroom number on it .  😁😁………no printing (need a printer) no holders needed, folding/ cutting,  securing etc.🤔

and hopefully the tag stays on your bag until it finds your cabin. 😁

22 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Yep, can't remember the last time I bothered printing mine.

I made my own by cutting a plastic 'envelope' sheet in half lengthwise and making a hole in it when folded after taking the luggage tag and then used ribbon/elastic to put it on the cases   have used these 'envelopes' now for 11 or 12 years   no problems and free

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

I made my own by cutting a plastic 'envelope' sheet in half lengthwise and making a hole in it when folded after taking the luggage tag and then used ribbon/elastic to put it on the cases   have used these 'envelopes' now for 11 or 12 years   no problems and free

Impressive Yvonne.