A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Just what I would have thought you would wear, Mysty - elegant and simple and allowing for overindulgence at the same time.  Let us know how the evening was especially the meal, please.

Lola

Thank you Lola!  Myster will bring his phone.   I should have photos available tomorrow.  😁

1 hour ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Are you technically on the world cruise now, but the pre-cruise gala is in LA? 

We were on the first segment of a world cruise on Crystal from Miami to LA and that’s how they did it so I’m curious. Thanks! 

We're not on the World Cruise yet.  That cruise sails tomorrow from San Francisco with new passengers embarking then.  We are currently on the last couple days of the cruise that sailed from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco.  There are 12 of us continuing on for the World Cruise.   Passengers embarking tomorrow for the World Cruise are overnighting at the San Francisco Fairmont Hotel tonight.

The pre-cruise Gala is being held tonight at San Francisco City Hall.   Transportation has been arranged to take us to the site from the ship departing from here at 6:45 pm.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, mysty said:

The pre-cruise Gala is being held tonight at San Francisco City Hall. 

Interesting as that is often the approach (to have the gala on shore) but the Regent WC gala was on the ship with the same menu in all restaurants. I think I’d prefer on shore, since I’d be seeing enough of the ship coming up but maybe it makes for an easier experience for the pax to just get on board and stay on. 

I’m looking forward to hearing all about it! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

Interesting as that is often the approach (to have the gala on shore) but the Regent WC gala was on the ship with the same menu in all restaurants. I think I’d prefer on shore, since I’d be seeing enough of the ship coming up but maybe it makes for an easier experience for the pax to just get on board and stay on. 

I’m looking forward to hearing all about it! 

Stay tuned @CruiserFromMaine!  We have just sailed under the Golden Gate.  We're due to dock at 8:am.  Photos to follow. 😁

• Like 4

I saw you cruise in today from my home!  Lovely to see and lucky you as it’s beautiful and sunny today whereas yesterday was raining and gloomy!  Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were delayed arriving because of weather.  We will be docked here overnight. 

received_796812872492947.thumb.jpeg.dea967b0d9d0f9ce6008c7a9341cfaab.jpeg

We will move to where we were supposed to dock tomorrow.   Mother Nature threw a monkey wrench into the plan.  

• Like 3

I like the way the sky complements the color of the bridge in no. 3.  

[For years Herb Cain campaigned to have the bridge painted gold to match its name, but apparently it was either prohibitively expensive or that paint wouldn't last well.  Surprisingly, he never suggested the rich people of Marin County could contribute their spare gold leaf...]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope you had a lovely evening.  Was it just for those doing the whole voyage?  (World Cruises being something of a mystery (no pun intended) to those who have not had the chance of doing one).  Sorry about those double brackets.  I await with bated breath to reading about it, and guess you will be sailing later today.

Lola

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

I hope you had a lovely evening.  Was it just for those doing the whole voyage?  (World Cruises being something of a mystery (no pun intended) to those who have not had the chance of doing one).  Sorry about those double brackets.  I await with bated breath to reading about it, and guess you will be sailing later today.

Lola

I think it was only the World Cruisers at dinner last night.  Myster took pictures and will upload them to me later today.  The venue was spectacular.   The meal was very good.  Entertainment was a violinist, a drummer and 4 dancers performing on the spectacular staircase.

• Like 5

It seems the ship will not be moving to a new docking today.   Passengers will embark and disembark from our current location.  This will be a challenge for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

At least it looks like another lovely day.  An atmospheric river is coming soon though and hopefully you’ll be out of its impact zone when you sail out.  Where to after SF?

Next port is Honolulu on January 21.  I hope we can avoid the atmospheric river!  😶

• Like 1

Photos from the Gala dinner at San Francisco City Hall last evening.

The ceiling...

IMG_1644.jpg.28f9b7a4181b829d61f7c617e02a4c97.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg.770077254f1b8c685b572d2b9229723d.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg.f36a904d84ab423e2a1e84d135f64990.jpg

Duck Pate de Campagne

IMG_1648.jpg.2fe9c393a9cac735b270f4afab09a82b.jpg

Olive Oil-Poached Halibut.....

IMG_1651.jpg.b41ac6d2999f52ddee2a37fc32cb0399.jpg

Entertainment.....

IMG_1653.jpg.a9225877dea4587ce67067eae753ee7b.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg.552d6cb95c5cfb2146629e368132acc4.jpg

• Like 10

Today is embarkation day.  We spent the morning and early afternoon on the pool deck to keep out of the way of the staff and crew scurrying to prepare for all the embarking guests.  When we returned to the suite there were some lovely goodies.

DSC00618.JPG.9b0f8e76b5a2e1380b7d9dd5a8a024d2.JPG

I love the brown hat!

• Like 10