A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

We would be in Sydney of February 23rd and 24th.  According to the cruise terminal schedule the Silver Shadow is docking on February 22 at Eden Cruise Wharf.  Obviously there is a slight delay in notifying Eden Cruise Wharf that the Shadow will not be there.

Capture1.JPG.f76f8edb3ef49ac6c0e2ce8825b4faf7.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.232f8e4023887236600b8e83dc8a44c9.JPG

We have been to Sydney three previous times.  We've seen the Botanic Gardens, gone to Manly for a delicious take-out seafood lunch that we enjoyed on the beach, walked around Darling Harbour, visited the Chinese Friendship Garden and Paddy's market, enjoyed a lovely lunch at Cafe Sydney and took advantage of the HOHO bus tour.  We bought this mesmerizing spinner at Paddy's and it graces our patio. 

Now I come begging hat in hand for suggestions for further adventures in Sydney for February 23rd.  We will be docked at the White Bay Terminal at 8:00 am on February 23rd according to Silversea.  We are open to any suggestions (except for the Bridge Climb as Myster is not a fan of heights).  

We have an excursion booked for February 24...

HISTORY OF COCKTATOO ISLAND

Visit Cockatoo Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, located in the heart of Sydney Harbour. The largest of Sydney Harbour's islands was originally a secondary penal colony which became Australia's biggest shipyard. During this experience, stroll the island at your own pace without missing any bits of information thanks to your own audio headset and its extensive guidance and commentary. Points of interest seen on this excursion include: Cockatoo Island, Sydney Harbour.

Looking forward to your suggestions!  Thank You!

1 minute ago, zqtchas said:

This is what you'll miss in Eden.

eden.jpg

Well, now I'm really disappointed!  Playing chicken with a moving vehicle counts as aerobics doesn't it?  😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mysty said:

Now I come begging hat in hand for suggestions for further adventures in Sydney for February 23rd.  We will be docked at the White Bay Terminal at 8:00 am on February 23rd according to Silversea.  We are open to any suggestions (except for the Bridge Climb as Myster is not a fan of heights).

I did a tour of the Sydney Opera House which I found very enjoyable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I did a tour of the Sydney Opera House which I found very enjoyable.

Thank you Gnome!  We were lucky enough to attend a performance of La bohème there in 2019.  Of course, we only saw front of house.  I appreciate your suggestion!

4 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I'd head to the Rocks for a tour and then into many of their historical pubs for a pint, or eight.

Historic pubs?  Now you're singing my song!  Thank you Stumble!  🥰

• Like 1

Recent post by Silversea on another social media site regarding the 2024 World Cruise.....

"Silversea’s 132-day ‘Far East-West’ World Cruise 2024 will see guests journey throughout the Pacific, incorporating some of the planet’s most extreme destinations. Guests will depart San Francisco aboard Silver Shadow on January 15, 2024, before calling in 65 destinations across 14 countries."  

I can't post the link because it is not allowed.  The article was describing the wonders of a World Cruise on Silversea.   The events described for the 2023 World Cruise are incredible!

Edited by mysty

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I'd head to the Rocks for a tour and then into many of their historical pubs for a pint, or eight.

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Historic pubs?  Now you're singing my song!  Thank you Stumble!  🥰

City Walk: Sydney - WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB121210136164430929

The Wall  Street Journal -  A Proper Pub Crawl Through the City's Historic Rocks District.

And who  would have thought  that the WSJ  would have a pub crawl  map to  boot  !! 🍻

It is a VERY funny article  and if you follow the instructions  you will end up "p***** as a parrot"  

Edited by rojaan19
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

City Walk: Sydney - WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB121210136164430929

The Wall  Street Journal -  A Proper Pub Crawl Through the City's Historic Rocks District.

And who  would have thought  that the WSJ  would have a pub crawl  map to  boot  !! 🍻

It is a VERY funny article  and if you follow the instructions  you will end up "p***** as a parrot"  

Brilliant rojaan!  Thanks so very much!  Haven't done a pub crawl since university days.  It would indeed to fun to recreate the glory days!😅

• Like 1

We would be in Cairns on March 2nd and 3rd.  We have an excursion booked for March 2.

ABORIGINAL RAINFOREST JOURNEY (CNS-S)

Explore the Aboriginal culture amidst the pristine natural beauty of the Rainforestation Nature Park during this captivating sightseeing tour. Your half-day excursion features a picturesque ride through the rainforest aboard an Army Duck, and an Aboriginal cultural exchange featuring singing, dancing, and local wildlife. Points of interest seen on this excursion include: Kuranda Range, Rainforestation Nature Park, Army Duck-Ride, Wildlife, Aboriginal Culture, Dancing & Musical Activities, Kangaroos, Koalas, Cassowaries

On March 3rd we're hoping to return to a wonderful restaurant we enjoyed in 2019.   It's called Tha Fish.

http://thafish.com.au/

Myster is a huge fan of Moreton Bay Bugs.  The menu at Tha Fish has a beautiful Seafood Plate.

Capture.JPG.e62e71dfafb6c86b2edfcd866a158cf4.JPG

The restaurant is a 12 minute walk from the ship.

ThaFish.thumb.JPG.083c53f451a30748f167bf6e1166464b.JPG

Bring on the joy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

We would be in Cairns on March 2nd and 3rd.  We have an excursion booked for March 2.

On March 3rd we're hoping to return to a wonderful restaurant we enjoyed in 2019.   It's called Tha Fish.

Myster is a huge fan of Moreton Bay Bugs.  The menu at Tha Fish has a beautiful Seafood Plate.

Bring on the joy!

Ahhh but will  you be able to  WALK back  to  the ship   !!!  🤭🥂🙃

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mysty said:

ABORIGINAL RAINFOREST JOURNEY (CNS-S)

Explore the Aboriginal culture amidst the pristine natural beauty of the Rainforestation Nature Park during this captivating sightseeing tour. Your half-day excursion features a picturesque ride through the rainforest aboard an Army Duck, and an Aboriginal cultural exchange featuring singing, dancing, and local wildlife. Points of interest seen on this excursion include: Kuranda Range, Rainforestation Nature Park, Army Duck-Ride, Wildlife, Aboriginal Culture, Dancing & Musical Activities, Kangaroos, Koalas, Cassowaries

Bring on the joy!

My son and I will be staying at the Shangri-La in May prior to boarding Silver Explorer.  We love seafood platters and I have already bookmarked this restaurant for dinner on the night we fly in.  Thanks for the tip.  Maybe I should book ahead to be sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Power said:

My son and I will be staying at the Shangri-La in May prior to boarding Silver Explorer.  We love seafood platters and I have already bookmarked this restaurant for dinner on the night we fly in.  Thanks for the tip.  Maybe I should book ahead to be sure.

We had lunch there so I'm not sure about the dinner crowd!  So glad you found the post useful!  I really hope you enjoy the experience! 🥰

• Thanks 1

As you might have noticed I am a tad fanatical about organization and planning.  I leave Myster's spice rack alone under threat of a tongue lashing.  However, the rest of life is left in my hands with Myster having veto power.  In order to avoid dealing with over 900 photos en masse on our return from our adventures I always create folders for the photos.  I am in the process of creating these for the upcoming cruise. For this voyage, as with all,  I created a general folder of photos labeled with the particular adventure.

Capture1.JPG.471f4456106dd4108173096bfdf5b6ed.JPG

Within that folder I created a folder for the 2 segments of the Holiday Cruise and the 7 segments of the World Cruise.

Capture2.JPG.3d192babcaa7ee965604e44f8fe0996f.JPG

Within each segment folder I create a folder for each port (or 2 if we are overnighting) and one for Miscellaneous.

Capture3.JPG.7ca1f32423e6700beb98ae565de87401.JPG

I will then copy the folders onto our Surface Pro and onto a thumb drive to bring with us.

After each day on the cruise I will copy the photos for that day into the corresponding folder.

Then I will copy the contents of that folder into a corresponding folder on a thumb drive.

I have done this for our past adventures and it has worked a treat!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Lots of people are well organised,  Mysty, but you certainly take the top prize.  I wonder if you would like a job organising my life for me?

Lola

It's really a double-edged sword Lola!  Myster puts up with some of my "craziness" in the planning and organizing arena.  However, there are definitely eye rolls from time to time.  🤔

As for organizing your life......I'm up for the task.  You would need to sign a waiver and a clause of indemnity.  High jinks may be on the menu!  😅 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mysty said:

It's really a double-edged sword Lola!  Myster puts up with some of my "craziness" in the planning and organizing arena.  However, there are definitely eye rolls from time to time.  🤔

As for organizing your life......I'm up for the task.  You would need to sign a waiver and a clause of indemnity.  High jinks may be on the menu!  😅 

Stay away from the demon drink 😀

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Stay away from the demon drink 😀

I've been in training with the demon drink since lockdowns started.   I'm good!  @lincsladymay need to attend boot camp but I'm sure she's up for the challenge! 😁