Welcome bottle of Sparkling Wine (upon request)

FrenchHorn63

Hello, We booked an aqua class suite for the first time and it notes there is a "welcome bottle of sparkling wine (upon request)". 

How do we request this bottle prior to boarding, or should we just do so once we are on board with our stateroom attendant?

26 minutes ago, FrenchHorn63 said:

Hello, We booked an aqua class suite for the first time and it notes there is a "welcome bottle of sparkling wine (upon request)". 

How do we request this bottle prior to boarding, or should we just do so once we are on board with our stateroom attendant?

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering as well.

Are you talking about an Aqua Class Cabin or an Aqua Class Sky Suite?  If you are in an Aqua Class Sky Suite, it should be waiting for you on day 1 and your butler is the one to talk to if not.  If you are in an Aqua Class Cabin, you would talk to your stateroom attendant about it.

41 minutes ago, George C said:

It’s normally waiting for you on day 1 on ice . We have been offered a second bottle.

I had to ask for mine on first night to use following morning for mimosas. 

• Like 1

We never requested it and it was never mentioned/provided.  I assume low quality stuff.

I did have to ask the steward to stop leaving a tray of disgusting things in the cabin every afternoon — stinks up the cabin 😀.  I used to enjoy the daily carafe of iced tea, but that is no more.

It was always in the room, on ice, in AQ class (concierge too, I think).  It disappeared when the AI was introduced.  People who have the beverage package don't bother about it and it becomes another saving for the cruise line.  However, if you do ask for it, it will be provided.

Years ago, the sparkling wine was on ice when you entered your room on day 1.  However, lately, we have had to ask for it.  We have requested  a bottle of white wine and we have received one on each cruise.  

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Can that bottle be brought to the dining room without a corkage fee?

Yes if its given to you on the ship. I've had 2 bottles of red cab gifted to me onboard and when I brought to MDR there was no corkage fee and I didn't have a drinks package. 

• Thanks 1