Charge for popcorn?

12 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

It was worth $2.50 because it got rid of the long lines of freebie seeking vultures.

I hope cruise ships charge for everything a la carte in the future, including boarding times.

10:30 am boarding? $100 more per person.

I AM SO THERE.

I agree with you in spirit but on a practical level having everything a la carte  would be too bothersome and expensive. Imagine paying for a car a la carte? "Do you want the good head gasket or just the standard?" "And sorry we forgot to include the gas cap, that's an additional $15.95." 

As for popcorn, I hate the stuff so I would not get it for 'free'  and would not buy it if it was $1. But I know there are lots of cruisers who love to nibble on the stuff while watching a show. It adds a little something special to the experience. So, in the spirit of community, I am willing to help fund this little luxury for others with my cruise fare. 👏👏

Of course, I would hope my fellow cruise passengers, who are on the receiving end of my magnanimous generosity, would be willing to help fund my little luxury I like to have during the shows.  Mamma Mia always sounds so much better while sipping a Remy Martin VSOP. Well, two actually, one for Acts 1 and 2 and another for the big finale and encore. 👩‍🎤 It a win - win for everyone!😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Princess gives it away for free during movie times on deck.

Yes  

They also passed out cookies, milk, hot chocolate, etc.

And gave everyone blankets.

We are doing Ruby P for Spring Break this year...

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Gotta Bless the "wanna-bee" elites.

Especially the one's who would rather spend $7 than wait 3.5 minutes for ice cream.

He is so rich, he can buy his way out of anything that takes 5 minutes or more...

You do realize the soft serve and gelato are completely different, right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Traditional, it would end up in the naughty room . Solar, no problem.

image.png.237db60c4b455a392ec33d200420ba86.png

Yep, I believe that if it creates electrical resistance (heat), it would be held or banned.  

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Only if it operates via USB.   🙂 

Yep!  I brought my cloths washer and dryer operated by USB, 2.4v.  No problem.  Well, kinda hard to find a space in the cabin for them though.  But, it all come out in the wash!

12 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Yep!  I brought my cloths washer and dryer operated by USB, 2.4v.  No problem.  Well, kinda hard to find a space in the cabin for them though.  But, it all come out in the wash!

You were not able to get them to fit on the balcony?  Used an extension cord I smuggled onboard to power my USB charger. 

I hooked up the water hose from my desalination machine to the washer supply and used a second hose for discharge. 

The dryer was trickier as they caught me trying to cut a hole in the smokestack to connect the dryer vent.  I did not want to vent over the side because they said not to throw anything over the side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2