Does anyone wear masks onboard?

I know this is a controversial topic but I’m just curious. As a susceptible person to getting sick and love cruising has anyone seen others wearing masks still on board? Boarding the Prima now and not one single person with a mask on so feel like an outsider but curious about fellow cruisers thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, unliketherest988 said:

I know this is a controversial topic but I’m just curious. As a susceptible person to getting sick and love cruising has anyone seen others wearing masks still on board? Boarding the Prima now and not one single person with a mask on so feel like an outsider but curious about fellow cruisers thoughts. 

I was on Prima in September/October and there were people with masks on, especially in elevators. You do what makes you comfortable.

1 hour ago, unliketherest988 said:

There is no right or wrong answer. If you wear a mask when in the store or large group gatherings, then you should feel comfortable wearing a mask on the ship. 

Just like home, there are COVID positive people in every store, on every plane, on every cruise. 

• Like 1

Hello,

As everyone has said do what make's YOU feel comfortable.  I was on the JOY in September and wore my mask but most didn't.  I had no problem and as I still wear a mask when going out to places where there are others I plan on wearing mine on my May cruise.

Don't worry about those around you and their choice you do what's good for you.

Have lots of fun on your cruise.

happytotravel

• Like 3

Yes, we do, every time we leave our cabin, also try to eat outside. Love NCL has a lot of Specialty restaurant seating outdoors, on the ship we cruise on. People have asked why we wear them, I just say "people our age, (in our 70s) need to be a little more careful." 

Edited by drumming cruisers
  • Like 9

We were on the Jewel for the Christmas cruise.  There were people wearing masks onboard and in ports, adults and children.  Not a lot but enough so that you wouldn't feel out of place wearing one.  I'm wishing I had worn one in the packed theaters since I came home with a cold.  

• Like 3

We were on the Dawn in December. Some passengers wore masks. No one looked at them sideways.

My husband and I opted not to wear masks on the ship. We never do elevators on the ship, we avoid the most crowded times in the Garden Cafe and the MDR, and we tend not to congregate in really large groups. I was taking Airborne and Zicam the whole trip and I did my walking on the promenade outdoors instead of on a treadmill in the gym.

However, we wore masks for our flights to/from Tampa and on the Tampa city bus tour that took us to the airport at the end of the trip. There were a lot of people coughing and sneezing on that bus trip back to the airport, so I was glad we had our masks.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, unliketherest988 said:

I intend to wear a mask when indoors on my February cruise. I don't really  care what others do.

• Like 7

Just got off the Prima about 4 hours ago.  A few mask wearers on ship.  Go with YOUR comfort level. Your vacation, your money paid for it, your health.  Look at it this way, after this 9 day cruise, you won’t see these folks again, so who cares!

• Like 5

We have our cruise coming up on the 20th. My husband and I were just discussing this and have decided to wear our masks on a lanyard around our neck and put them on when in the elevators and crowded areas only. This will be our last cruise for awhile as he will being placed on a lung transplant list soon. We are vaccinated and boosted, & wear masks only when necessary, (as personally, don't think they do much good, but do it just as a precaution). 

One thing I do want to mention is, just because someone is coughing, don't always assume they are sick. I have allergies & asthma & my husband has pulmonary fibrosis and we both cough, but are not contagious to anyone. 

Go, wear a mask, or not, do whatever makes you feel comfortable & have a great cruise.

• Like 3

I masked except when eating on our recent cruise, as I do when in crowded indoor spaces on land. I also skipped most shows and entertainment and had a lot of quality time on my balcony. Will likely do the same on this year’s cruise(s) as it is the safest decision I can make and still participate in public life. Do what makes your cruise comfortable, safe and stress-free for you. I did notice a fair number of staff masking, although few other passengers.

As an aside, when misinformation is posted on this site, do mods eventually delete it, or is factually untrue info allowed to stay up?

• Like 5

My husband and I wore our masks on our most recent cruise in December on the Encore - mainly in the elevators and while at shows and sitting in the atrium. We did not wear them in the restaurants.

Very few people wore them at first but we did notice more by the end of the cruise. No one said anything to us except one comment in the hallway, which we ignored. 

Do what makes you comfortable.

Do what makes you feel safe. Me personally, I always wear a mask and will continue to do so. After the spin bike instructor my husband had on our December recent b2b2b contracted Covid, and my husband and others we not immediately notified we will continue to do so. My husband and the others in the class which takes place in a closed room, found out when they went to a class and it was canceled and refunds was issued. That was the first leg of a b2b2b. The instructor never showed up for the second or third legs of the cruise and they did not offer spin class for the remainder of our vacation.

• Like 1

Just got off the Escape yesterday and it's 98% a big fat no.  I saw maybe 10 total pax over the week, and occasional crew members - I saw our steward wearing a mask at one point, but when I saw him personally, he had taken it off.  So, it's really hit or miss, and a personal decision.

We are all fine, but our roll call has already started with the "did you guys come home sick?" questions - several folks seem to have bad colds, but that's it so far.

We wore masks only in crowded situations on the Joy in September. We did not wear them while at the (indoor due to weather) 80’s dance party. I got sick 2 days later. Though I never tested positive for COVID (we brought our own tests) I wore a mask whenever I left our cabin so as not to sicken the mostly older crowd that was on our cruise.