Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

35 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Are the grilled lamb chops gone? 

It may already be gone from the current menu as well - well, there's a thing called lamb chops, but it's some bone in loin thing substitute (nowhere near as good).

37 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Looking at 7 night menus.  Are the grilled lamb chops gone?  I can't find them and they are one of my absolute favorites.

I see Braised Lamb, but that's the shank right? I'm not as fond of this.  I want the chop.

Dan

I believe you are correct about it being the shank and not the chop.

4 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I read today that only 1 lobster tail will be allowed for free...more will be charged. 

Yes it states right on the menu extra tails available for $16.99. 

The new menus popped up today on my app for the Jan 22 Oasis sailing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smheese said:

What are the order of the theme nights? How would you find this out in advance of your cruise? 

Not sure if this would be the same on ever ship but my app shows this order

Welcome, Italian, French, Mexican, Caribbean ,Royal, Bon Voyage (which is also same as Mediterranean)

31 minutes ago, smheese said:

What are the order of the theme nights? How would you find this out in advance of your cruise? 

I’d suggest you look for a similar itinerary for your ship. When that sailing is underway, pull that sailing up on the app.  While there is no guarantee it will be the same menu rotation, it would be a decent guess.  For example, I looked at this week’s 8N Odyssey sailing as a reasonable guess for my upcoming 8N Odyssey cruise.

53 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I read today that only 1 lobster tail will be allowed for free...more will be charged. 

48 minutes ago, melbur said:

Yes it states right on the menu extra tails available for $16.99. 

The new menus popped up today on my app for the Jan 22 Oasis sailing. 

I dont know if we have had photo proof yet but they are supposedly a different variety to the old type

1 minute ago, ChC said:

The new menu reminded me of Costa Cruises. The concept is almost the same, theme night every night with a limited menu. We all can see how Costa Cruises is doing now compared with few years ago (OK debatable, but it is fun to say it this way).

I am sure someone likes the changes, someone feels like not a big deal, then there are someone dislikes the whole idea.

I am in the camp of 'oh dear the sky is falling'. To me, RCL should be competing with Princess or HAL, not Costa Cruises. The whole idea of the new dining menu reminds me so much of Costa. There is always an end game for the big business when something changes. And the end game is often not in sight for the consumers until they realise many things are taken away one by one, from limited menu to smaller portions then onto full time buffet instead of table service (AIDA cruise anyone?). 

Sure RCL is under pressure and needs cost cutting to 'survive', sure the CEO's bonus needs us to pay higher fares and get less service in return to get bigger, I hear you. But in the end we are all customers, don't we deserve better for what we paid? If you love the company so much, it is better to forgo your cruise, and donate your fares to the poor management who had to spend months to come up ideas to extract one more cents from you to pay themselves more bonus. It would be simpler just make a monthly $5 donation if you are so apologetic towards a company you loved so much that you will take any cost cutting measures. And in the end, you are happy because you made the management and CEO so happy, your beloved company is thriving as the paycheck to the top management and CEO is so huge, and you should be even happier knowing your cost to your beloved company is zero by donate instead of consuming.

Hay, but let us remember, it is your choice. Please do not come back creaming when your beloved item or loyalty recognition is taken away later on. 

Cost cutting on product and service to customers is bad, period.

Ok tell us how you really feel. 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It may already be gone from the current menu as well - well, there's a thing called lamb chops, but it's some bone in loin thing substitute (nowhere near as good).

What I got on Radiance last fall were mutton chops with fat edge curling up over the edges. 

3 hours ago, ChC said:

The new menu reminded me of Costa Cruises. The concept is almost the same, theme night every night with a limited menu. We all can see how Costa Cruises is doing now compared with few years ago (OK debatable, but it is fun to say it this way).

I am sure someone likes the changes, someone feels like not a big deal, then there are someone dislikes the whole idea.

I am in the camp of 'oh dear the sky is falling'. To me, RCL should be competing with Princess or HAL, not Costa Cruises. The whole idea of the new dining menu reminds me so much of Costa. There is always an end game for the big business when something changes. And the end game is often not in sight for the consumers until they realise many things are taken away one by one, from limited menu to smaller portions then onto full time buffet instead of table service (AIDA cruise anyone?). 

Sure RCL is under pressure and needs cost cutting to 'survive', sure the CEO's bonus needs us to pay higher fares and get less service in return to get bigger, I hear you. But in the end we are all customers, don't we deserve better for what we paid? If you love the company so much, it is better to forgo your cruise, and donate your fares to the poor management who had to spend months to come up ideas to extract one more cents from you to pay themselves more bonus. It would be simpler just make a monthly $5 donation if you are so apologetic towards a company you loved so much that you will take any cost cutting measures. And in the end, you are happy because you made the management and CEO so happy, your beloved company is thriving as the paycheck to the top management and CEO is so huge, and you should be even happier knowing your cost to your beloved company is zero by donate instead of consuming.

Hay, but let us remember, it is your choice. Please do not come back creaming when your beloved item or loyalty recognition is taken away later on. 

Cost cutting on product and service to customers is bad, period.

HAL & Princess are premium mass market, just like Celebrity, but from our experience it’s not all rosy even from premium segment. Royal corp lost 19 billions, sold one brand etc. it’s not like they are cutting corners for fun. They didn’t do it prior pandemic. In fact we thought menus were improved 8 years ago… What can you do in current economic cituation.

Do you know that they not only sold Aramara, but mortgaged Celebrity to survive?

They must pay money back… make profit in environment when inflation is high. 

RCI is not my business, I don’t even permanent shareholder, but I understand how finance work.

I still don’t see how you can compare it to Costa. 

• Like 2

Hi,

RCI would probably not be too bothered if Diamond and above cruisers chose not to cruise with them anymore as a result of the menu changes as RCI would probably save money on the perks Diamond and above members have and therefore, more importantly to a business, it may free up the cabins to possibly new cruisers that may spend more money on things.

This could also be a way to make guests who normally eat in the MDR every night start to spend money in speciality restaurants on certain nights instead. 

I would say this may affect repeat cruisers more as new cruisers wouldn't know what the old menus were like.

However, looking at the new menu for the Welcome aboard night, there is Roasted Tomato Soup or Escargots for Starters, Slow Roasted Prime Rib or New York Strip Steak for Mains and Key Lime Pie for Dessert - so, as there are enough old favourites still on that menu, we will be in the MDR that night for sure!.

Can't say yet for the other nights as RCI have not put them on the app for our next cruise on the Enchantment in May yet.

My wife also likes the food in the Windjammer, but not every night! - only when we have been out on a long trip and cannot get back/ready in time for dinner in the MDR would we normally have dinner here.

If I was on a ship that had a Coastal Kitchen (Quantum/Oasis class) then I would book a JS and use that every single night (where possible) without a doubt, if the price difference was reasonable, but I am just not willing to pay out extra ££££s for a JS just for access to this venue for food.

We have tried just about all the restaurants on the ships and may wife has no intention of going back to any of them as she says the food in the MDR is just as good. Furthermore on talking to fellow cruisers in the Diamond Lounge who have been to them in recent years, they all said it was a bit disappointing to how it used to be - so that's that then!

Lets hope the new menus provide food that is just as good, if not better, then before in the MDR.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B