Mykonos swapped for Athens

zimmerman

13 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

either too many ships in the schedule, or something else like increase crime maybe.

I would take Mykonos over Athens which looks like a big hot mess of crowds and lots of ruins that I would tire of easily.

It’s the other way round - they are now going to Athens

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

either too many ships in the schedule, or something else like increase crime maybe.

I would take Mykonos over Athens which looks like a big hot mess of crowds and lots of ruins that I would tire of easily.

Sure, too much crime on the picturesque isle of Mykonos so they go to the big and dirty cities of Piraeus and Athens...

Edited by Saab4444
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, akb5k said:

So this might be a dumb question, but since they moved our departure to 7 pm what happens to early seating dinner the first night? I'm guessing it's still a thing since we have to be on board by 6? 

Nothing at all happens.  Lots of different itineraries that have 8 or 9pm all aboard times.  If you stay at the port later you can either eat in port, get something from the WJ or make a later reservation at a specialty restaurant.

We're not too happy about the swap as Mykonos and Santorini were the point of booking this cruise as we haven't been to either before.

We've been to Athens and seen all of the sights that we wanted to see, so we'll be staying on the ship and making the most of our deluxe drinks package and food options. 

• Like 4

Happened to our August 27 Explorer cruise as well which is a bit disappointing as original itinerary was a fantastic one.  We're making lemonade out of it though as we're embracing the visit to Athens since it's a new port for both of us and to make up for it we're going to fly to Mykonos for a few days post cruise.  Actually it is now a fantastic vacation trip so we're not the least upset about the change.