Our latest favorite cruise cabin purchase

We_like_to_cruise

On 1/13/2023 at 8:17 PM, smithmlmx said:

Regal has the night lights. Just remember that anything with a lithium ion battery has to be in carry on luggage when flying.

Tell me about this...?  I know they always ask about hazardous materials, etc. but didn't realize that lithium ion batteries were in that category.  What's the danger??? and similarly, why is it safer in the cabin... pressure issue? (always like learning new stuff)

On 1/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, We_like_to_cruise said:

This has been a great purchase and used successfully for the last week.

If you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, this little guy senses motion and emits the perfect amount of light (brightness adjustable to three different settings).  We just hang it over one of the towel rack bars.

Much easier than trying to squeeze your hand out the partially closed bathroom door to prevent waking the spouse!  And if you turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night that light is too bright.

Charged it once two weeks ago and have not re-charged it yet.

I have no financial interest in this company, lol !

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Brightness-Rechargeable-Magnetic-Wardrobe/dp/B09YPT2DGV/ref=sr_1_24?crid=25B6AC24NMK1O&keywords=hanging+battery+powered+motion+detector+night+light&qid=1673649856&sprefix=hangingbattery+powered+motion+detector+night+light%2Caps%2C1685&sr=8-24

What a great idea so I just ordered 2--one to give away to friends that are always on same cruise.  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, enymarsh said:

Tell me about this...?  I know they always ask about hazardous materials, etc. but didn't realize that lithium ion batteries were in that category.  What's the danger??? and similarly, why is it safer in the cabin... pressure issue? (always like learning new stuff)

Mainly because if a battery starts to smoke or catches fire it can be dealt with in the cabin.  It could get out of hand in the cargo area.

Edited by day-day
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update on my latest favorite cruise cabin purchase.

I charged the unit up in mid-December 2022 prior to our WC2023. 

It was in continuous use from Jan. 5 until April 27 and worked flawlessly.  We left it hanging on one of the towel holders and it provided the perfect amount of light (adjustable) for those late night visits...

I never had to charge it even once in four months!

BTW if you are interested in my postings on that cruise -

• Thanks 1

Off Regal which has the closer motion light sensors.

Hint! Make sure you close door tight on tall ‘dresser’ in closet as one nite during rougher seas with swells, the door kept opening and closing which triggered the motion light!

yes after third time I did get up to secure door!😆

Gosh, I always just pack 2 small (palm sized) flashlights and put one on each nightstand.  Then, when I would get up I used the flashlight.  It worked great.  Plus, if there was a power outage or some other problem, they are handy to have!

• Like 2