Restaurants on sea days

tigger54

4 hours ago, tigger54 said:

Just another quick question. Is the Dutch cafe and NY deli open on port days? We will be on Nieuw Statendam next month. 

Thank you

Hours and menus for the Grand Dutch Cafe and the NY Deli & Pizza are available at the lower part of this link:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-specialty-restaurant-menus/

Although both locations menus show an 11:30 start, they are open earlier with breakfast items such as pastries (Dutch Cafe) and bagels (NY Deli).  Expect a long line in the morning at the Dutch Cafe due to everyone queuing for for-fee premium coffees (think Starbucks).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Hours and menus for the Grand Dutch Cafe and the NY Deli & Pizza are available at the lower part of this link:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-specialty-restaurant-menus/

Although both locations menus show an 11:30 start, they are open earlier with breakfast items such as pastries (Dutch Cafe) and bagels (NY Deli).  Expect a long line in the morning at the Dutch Cafe due to everyone queuing for for-fee premium coffees (think Starbucks).

Several ships open the Dutch Cafe at 7:30 am.  A heads-up for those who like the "snacks" that are supposed to be available in the evening (4:30 - 8 pm).  On the Koningsdam, at least, these were "not available" over two cruises, a total of 34 days. Supply problems or just phasing these out and not changing the menu board?

Edited by SilvertoGold

We were on the NS for 14 days, Nov/Dec 2022.  Dutch cafe opened early for specialty coffee & pastries.  I was thinking it was earlier than 7:30, but my I may be remembering wrong.  They had a wonderful yogurt parfait & pastries available.  There was always a line, but it moved quickly.  IMO, best quality of specialty coffee.  Lunch there was pretty good too.  They do seem to run out of certain things  early, so get there when they early.  We will be on the NS in March/April 2023 for 14 days, we loved the Grand Dutch cafe & ship.  Ready for a repeat.  Enjoy your cruise.

Does the Dutch Cafe have coffee flavorings to add? Like vanilla syrup for a vanilla latte? Husband is an early riser and brings a vanilla latte and pastry back to the cabin for me to enjoy when I wake up (he's a keeper).

15 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We were on the NS for 14 days, Nov/Dec 2022.  Dutch cafe opened early for specialty coffee & pastries.  I was thinking it was earlier than 7:30, but my I may be remembering wrong.  They had a wonderful yogurt parfait & pastries available.  There was always a line, but it moved quickly.  IMO, best quality of specialty coffee.  Lunch there was pretty good too.  They do seem to run out of certain things  early, so get there when they early.  We will be on the NS in March/April 2023 for 14 days, we loved the Grand Dutch cafe & ship.  Ready for a repeat.  Enjoy your cruise.

They ran out of berries for their "Triple Berry Pannenkiek" about day 4 of our Dec NS cruise.  The Dutch Cafe manager said they are supposed to get a new shipment each week but none came in during the 10 Dec cruise turnover.  He said they never know what supplies they will get these days.

They also were out of all of their specialty Dutch beers except for our favorite, Hoegaarden...whew!  They had Heineken too but that's available pretty much anywhere.

4 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

Does the Dutch Cafe have coffee flavorings to add? Like vanilla syrup for a vanilla latte? Husband is an early riser and brings a vanilla latte and pastry back to the cabin for me to enjoy when I wake up (he's a keeper).

I'm not a coffee drinker but I do recall seeing a rack of coffee flavorings there.  Same goes for the Crow's Nest coffee shop.

Edited by AFNavigator
added content

3 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

I ordered a caramel latte every day, I am sure they have vanilla too.  There was a place to get the specialty coffee near the lido buffet, but never as good as when we got it from Dutch cafe. Crows nest was good for a specialty coffee too.

11 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

I had the fried eggs breakfast and no line two weeks ago at the NY Deli & Pizza.  It is still a secret from most passengers.  Here is the NY Deli & Pizza breakfast menu that i photographed on the Rotterdam showing breakfast at 7:30 AM: 

NY Deli & Pizza Breakfast Menu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Unfortunately not all Pinnacle class ships serve the Breakfast menu at the NY Deli. The Koningsdam never had the area open until 11:30 am in 62 days we were on board last year.

It was open in December on our 2 cruises, but the ship was packed. I'm guessing it has to do with how many people are onboard.

9 hours ago, Taters said:

You can always go up to lido to pick up a pastry.

Yes but it sounds like there are different items available at the Grand Dutch Cafe. It would be nice to try them too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Canaletto, Tamarind, Rudi's are closed for lunch on all days. The Pinnacle Grill is open for lunch only on sea days.

Thanks,

hmmm

I called HAL the other day, to ask and they said all were open. Why am I not suprised that the information was wrong? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crew News said:

I had the fried eggs breakfast and no line two weeks ago at the NY Deli & Pizza.  It is still a secret from most passengers.  Here is the NY Deli & Pizza breakfast menu that i photographed on the Rotterdam showing breakfast at 7:30 AM: 

Thanks for the tip. I love breakfast sandwiches. Are the bagels NY style or more like the kind you'd get at the supermarket?