Viking Ocean bar menus

phil1107

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 7:52 AM, OneSixtyToOne said:

C18B368D-5AD9-4F6B-AA58-EA44154ED005.thumb.jpeg.c1909448a914f259d703c8eafb413874.jpeg

I'm concerned the recipe of one of my favorites, Margarita, lists lemon rather than lime juice as an ingredient.  Can someone in the know please put my mind at ease and tell me this is an error and that limes are available onboard?  Thanks...

Edited by -Lew-

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

I'm concerned the recipe of one of my favorites, Margarita, lists lemon rather than lime juice as an ingredient.  Can someone in the know please put my mind at ease and tell me this is an error and that limes are available onboard?  Thanks...

Since Lime Juice is listed for the daiquiri it’s onboard. 

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Margaritas are one of my and DH's favorite cocktails too!  On our January 2022 cruise, we asked the bartenders if they could make with fresh lime juice instead of lemon.  They did and it was pretty darn good!  Soon, all the bartenders/servers knew our preference and we no longer had to ask!  Just ask and the fabulous Viking crew will go out of their way to accommodate. 

Edited by Moonlion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlion said:

Margaritas are also one of my and DH's favorite cocktails too!  On our January 2022 cruise, we asked the bartenders if they could make with fresh lime juice instead of lemon.  They did and it was pretty darn good!  Soon, all the bartenders/servers knew our preference and we no longer had to ask!  

So happy to hear that!  Not a fan of pre mix

20 minutes ago, Moonlion said:

On our January 2022 cruise, we asked the bartenders if they could make with fresh lime juice instead of lemon.  They did and it was pretty darn good!

16 minutes ago, purpleally said:

So happy to hear that!  Not a fan of pre mix

I have to say I've never come across a Margarita made with lemon...plain lime juice is the only way to go.  As for mix or agave...gross for sure.  We always ask our server how it's made and customize if necessary.

22 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Thinking this is more of an Italian Margarita than the traditional Mexican one with limes.  Good to know that they have lime juice for the daquiri though.....

On 3/12/2023 at 6:15 PM, -Lew- said:

After seeing what they do to a Mai Tai it's no surprise they would blow a Margarita as well.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Really strange given the long list of scotch whiskeys….guess I need to figure out how to like them better. 

I think it has to do with the issue that bourbon is uniquely an American product made by American companies. As such, I suspect it is more more difficult and expensive to acquire overseas. I think the cure - given Viking is very tolerant of BYOB, it to bring a nice bottle with you.

Edited by dwlmg

6 minutes ago, dwlmg said:

I think it has to do with the issue that bourbon is uniquely an American product made by American companies. As such, I suspect it is more more difficult and expensive to acquire overseas. I think the cure - given Viking is very tolerant of BYOB, it to bring a nice bottle with you.

Last time I saw a bottle of Blanton's was on a bar in Budapest.

35 minutes ago, phil1107 said:

Just noticed that most of the cocktails are $7.50. A previous post showed that most were now $9.50. Thoughts anyone?

Prices (SSP and menu) increased on Jan 1 so it really depends when the photo was taken.

We were aboard the Sky in January and the price was $9.50.

• Thanks 1