​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@brilloheadDid you get the link for the pics to download from. By Google Drive yet?  I am waiting to see if it works for you yet.  I am wondering if the ship internet will let you do it. 

It took a minute or two (LOL) and I had to do them in small batches, but I just got the last of them downloaded!

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 4:59 PM, brillohead said:
And I've never had a problem just plopping my bag on the sand in the public part of the beach down by the Grand Roatan -- nobody has messed with my stuff.  I'm assuming the locals know that tourism is their only income and they don't put up with people stealing from tourists' bags, as a bad reputation would kill their business. 

I’d say your right and they might have also noticed that you are a redhead too.😉😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for whatever part you played in allowing us to see these awesome pictures and videos. I'm not a very strong swimmer, so I haven't ever been snorkeling for long periods of time. I always had either a life preserver or pool noodle. I've enjoyed everything posted.

Gloria

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@brillohead I have downloaded your pictures and 10 of videos that John has uploaded. He says there are about 48 more videos. What are you wanting me to do? Is there something you envision? Do you want me to use all the videos or just choose the best footage. Are you thinking a video slideshow type with music and transitions? 

@Sea Dog Since you are the consummate videographer, are you also a Foley artist? Just trying to add to your workload... 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thanks for sharing!  I was telling someone today that I'm going to check out Sky Reef in Cozumel this week!!!

@brillohead, I can’t wait to see what you find at Sky Reef, and how things are going there now! If it is still anything at all like it was when we were there you are not going to want to get out of the water! I know I didn’t. DH had to pretty much drag me out. 😱

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thanks for sharing!  I was telling someone today that I'm going to check out Sky Reef in Cozumel this week!!!

Not sure if you have checked out the photo intensive review of Sky Reef, with lots of snorkeling from @mitsugirly from land vacation 2021 before cruising resumed?

https://www.travelwithmitsugirly.com/copy-of-day-7-diving-skyreef-2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fontaid said:

@Sea Dog Since you are the consummate videographer, are you also a Foley artist? Just trying to add to your workload... 😁

I'm a nurse, and I was known as The Foley Queen on my unit in the hospital, but I have a feeling you're talking about the OTHER kind of Foley.... LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, perfect match said:

@brillohead, I can’t wait to see what you find at Sky Reef, and how things are going there now! If it is still anything at all like it was when we were there you are not going to want to get out of the water! I know I didn’t. DH had to pretty much drag me out. 😱

I think I've talked a few others into going there with me. too!

10 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Not sure if you have checked out the photo intensive review of Sky Reef, with lots of snorkeling from @mitsugirly from land vacation 2021 before cruising resumed?

I haven't, thanks for posting, I'll check it out!

@brillohead, Mitsugirly is the one who turned me on to Sky Reef. I haven’t been everyplace she has, but of the places I’ve been to that she has    recommended she has always been correct.

If you’re looking at Mitsugirly’s review, you don’t need me to hijack this review with any more pictures but I do want to mention that you should bring cash if you can. Sky Reef was charging a credit card fee and a currency conversion fee if you wanted to pay by credit card. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I haven't, thanks for posting, I'll check it out!

YW. It’s been quite a while since we visited and we were planning on a return. They have a few packages and PAYG. Used to have Happy Hour 12-3pm.

It belongs to the same group as another of our favorites, La Monina and the museum roof top restaurant, Novena Ola

There is a small open-air chapel at the side of the beach club which is nice to check out.

• Thanks 1

Talking about Sky Reef has me wanting to book another Western Caribbean cruise. I hadn’t looked at my pictures from that cruise so I’ve been going back through them and really wanting to be back there again soon! Sorry, but I can’t resist posting a couple more.

Be sure you look behind every fan coral. You will most likely find somebody hiding there! 

EE7668DD-A212-494E-B2EB-44094673F117.jpeg

This one is for the mooring line fans. It connects the white buoys marking the edge of the reef.

6AB1DC72-C9B8-4661-A687-4BF042281D84.jpeg

Seriously, look behind and under everything you see!

13CA3730-5C51-421F-A8B7-6FFA8BB57115.jpeg

Every fan coral seemed to be sheltering somebody! I had a lot of fun finding the hidden fish. 

A9BEBC28-C8BB-444B-A2BF-1AC7FE40F356.jpeg

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, Fontaid said:

I’ve done Foley before since I am also a sound designer. Don’t do as much now since you can find just about anything. What sound are you looking for?

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Thank you leg...I appreciate it. 

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm a nurse, and I was known as The Foley Queen on my unit in the hospital, but I have a feeling you're talking about the OTHER kind of Foley.... LOL

I'm a nurse too and used to be a foley queen in the ER back when I worked for the hospital. Now they come few and far in between at my job...can't say I'm disappointed. 😄 

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

@brillohead, Mitsugirly is the one who turned me on to Sky Reef. I haven’t been everyplace she has, but of the places I’ve been to that she has    recommended she has always been correct.

If you’re looking at Mitsugirly’s review, you don’t need me to hijack this review with any more pictures but I do want to mention that you should bring cash if you can. Sky Reef was charging a credit card fee and a currency conversion fee if you wanted to pay by credit card. 

Glad you found a great place you liked @perfect match   We were really shocked at what we seen there and absolutely loved it. I've never seen anything like it before at other places...and you know how many places we've been. lol

Be sure you look behind every fan coral. You will most likely find somebody hiding there! 

I completely agree with this statement. So many hiding fish and "other" things if you are looking closely. We found several flamingo tongue snails hiding in different places and I don't see them very often. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve done Foley before since I am also a sound designer. Don’t do as much now since you can find just about anything. What sound are you looking for?

I'm not looking for any particular sound. I just thought you could add the appropriate sound effects into the video you're going to put together. Silent films are so 1920ish. 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

I'm not looking for any particular sound. I just thought you could add the appropriate sound effects into the video you're going to put together. Silent films are so 1920ish. 🤣

Maybe the soundtrack to Jaws. 😂

• Haha 5

Talking about Sky Reef has me wanting to book another Western Caribbean cruise. I hadn’t looked at my pictures from that cruise so I’ve been going back through them and really wanting to be back there again soon! Sorry, but I can’t resist posting a couple more.

EE7668DD-A212-494E-B2EB-44094673F117.jpeg

This one is for the mooring line fans. It connects the white buoys marking the edge of the reef.

6AB1DC72-C9B8-4661-A687-4BF042281D84.jpeg

13CA3730-5C51-421F-A8B7-6FFA8BB57115.jpeg

Every fan coral seemed to be sheltering somebody! I had a lot of fun finding the hidden fish. 

A9BEBC28-C8BB-444B-A2BF-1AC7FE40F356.jpeg

I love the pics.  What kind of camera did you use. 

We've done Money Bar in Cozumel but hadn't discovered Sky Reef. Looks good, especially for something different.

How much is taxi fare from where Allure docks? Is there any type of beach - can't tell for sure from the pics?

I know beach & good snorkeling don't necessarily mix.

@brilloheadHope weather holds out for you tomorrow in Cozumel. I'm seeing about 50% chance of rain for you tomorrow and again for us next Friday.

Sorry you'll be getting off Sunday when we're getting on. I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread that you and @Ozark_Kidput together and others have contributed to. It's been great information. Thank You!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fontaid said:

I will put music on it but it has to be Royalty free if uploaded to YouTube. I have a decent library of music.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, YadaYadaJodi said:

We've done Money Bar in Cozumel but hadn't discovered Sky Reef. Looks good, especially for something different.

How much is taxi fare from where Allure docks? Is there any type of beach - can't tell for sure from the pics?

I know beach & good snorkeling don't necessarily mix.

The set up is similar to Money Bar, with man-made sandy areas for loungers. Looks like there are more loungers than when they first opened. 

Lots of photos on the link I posted, their website and TA to give you an idea.

Taxi probably about $15 each way for 4. Price will be on board at pier.

Edited by c-leg5