Absolute best cruise ever on Apex. Report back in cabana and Move-Up to DPV

Koohiichan

My DH and I just had a wonderful couples cruise on the Apex, 1/14-21. Not a bad word to say about the service, crew, cabin, or food. We cruised economically but it didn’t feel that way at all. 

As previously reported, won our Move-Up bid at $5 over asking (200/person for move from Deluxe inside to Deluxe Porthole Veranda. We loved having a real veranda, but without a real veranda we would have preferred an inside. Size of the veranda was adequate with 2 chairs and a sturdy table. Cabin 9110 has a mildly obstructed view due to window washing equipment but didn’t bother us a bit. 

Loved the cabana and found it a real value for the included food and drinks (I had no alcohol package.) The service was outstanding and we liked having the ocean view but could also stand up and see the pool through the glass, if we chose. I knew what to expect and preferred the convenience of the location and the view to having absolute privacy. YMMV. We did it twice. Going south we had shade. Going North we had partial sunshine for part of the day. DH prefers the shade. We would do it again next time as we like having a home base for our stuff and don’t like to stress about keeping a spot or getting there early. (We are not comfortable being chair hogs either.)

2 tips:

If you do the spa (Persian Gardens) you basically get outside and inside front of the ship access for sail away and sunsets etc.

Best free coffee can be found in the spa cafe Lavazza machine for free. Personally I preferred the American from there to Cafe El Baccio. Dining room coffee is close second. I couldn’t handle the OVC coffee.

Great cruise all around. I would go on Apex again and still think that Celebrity offers a better product for us.

Happy Cruising!

Koohiichan

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

My DH and I just had a wonderful couples cruise on the Apex, 1/14-21. Not a bad word to say about the service, crew, cabin, or food. We cruised economically but it didn’t feel that way at all.

What was your dining. TD or SD?  

On 1/22/2023 at 8:02 PM, blade3 said:

There is no Traditional Dining on any of the E class ships anymore. Learned this on our 1/ 7 Apex cruise even though our documents said we had 6:00 TD.

Can you elaborate on how this worked for you?  I selected the 6:00 early dining time frame as well and set sail 2/4.  Just don’t want to be waiting in line to dine each evening.

I thoroughly loved Apex; spent 26 days on her; however, the food choices in Luminae could have been better.  The ship was absolutely wonderful, along with being very clean, or should I say spotless.CE9EB9FF-FE48-4AFC-9BBA-9D950DEE7143.thumb.jpeg.7ce3c32d1392c229d14d512fbed87570.jpeg  

Our butler was still learning, but he was so eager to please and had a great sense of humor too!

• Like 2

Have just read the thread on review of a cruise on Edge and how terrible it was, it was great to hear how great your Apex cruise was. We are set to board the Apex on Feb 11 for our free Zenith cruise. We have been on the edge several times and loved it. We now look forward to the cruise, thanks. We will review when we return. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Texed said:

We were on the January 7th and the January 14th Apex sailings.  We enjoyed the cruises on both.  😊

Happy to see you two on this thread! I see you are enjoying life! 😃 Can't wait for our first Apex cruise!

• Like 1

Just now, Pennstatedj said:

. We are set to board the Apex on Feb 11 for our free Zenith cruise. We have been on the edge several times and loved it. We now look forward to the cruise, thanks. We will review when we return. 

Congratulations on becoming Zenith. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I thoroughly loved Apex; spent 26 days on her; however, the food choices in Luminae could have been better.  The ship was absolutely wonderful, along with being very clean, or should I say spotless.CE9EB9FF-FE48-4AFC-9BBA-9D950DEE7143.thumb.jpeg.7ce3c32d1392c229d14d512fbed87570.jpeg  

Our butler was still learning, but he was so eager to please and had a great sense of humor too!

Our experience on Apex was similar to yours. We still had a great cruise. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Our experience on Apex was similar to yours. We still had a great cruise. 😊

The food on our cruises was outstanding.  Perhaps they have solved the staffing problem.  🙂

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 5:00 AM, Texed said:

We were on the January 7th and the January 14th Apex sailings.  We enjoyed the cruises on both.  😊

Wow!  We will just have to congratulate your "Zenith" confirmation when we see you onboard our TA this April on Beyond.  Sadly, we will never make it, remaining elite + forever, but that's okay...we can enjoy it through your excitement.

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Wow!  We will just have to congratulate your "Zenith" confirmation when we see you onboard our TA this April on Beyond.  Sadly, we will never make it, remaining elite + forever, but that's okay...we can enjoy it through your excitement.

Well, thanks a lot. But, I was congratulating Pennstatedj on becoming Zenith.  But, with our b2b on Apex, we have become double Zenith.  😊

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 6:26 PM, Koohiichan said:

As previously reported, won our Move-Up bid at $5 over asking (200/person for move from Deluxe inside to Deluxe Porthole Veranda. We loved having a real veranda, but without a real veranda we would have preferred an inside. Size of the veranda was adequate with 2 chairs and a sturdy table. Cabin 9110 has a mildly obstructed view due to window washing equipment but didn’t bother us a bit. 

Loved the cabana and found it a real value for the included food and drinks (I had no alcohol package.) The service was outstanding and we liked having the ocean view but could also stand up and see the pool through the glass, if we chose. I knew what to expect and preferred the convenience of the location and the view to having absolute privacy. YMMV. We did it twice. Going south we had shade. Going North we had partial sunshine for part of the day. DH prefers the shade. We would do it again next time as we like having a home base for our stuff and don’t like to stress about keeping a spot or getting there early. (We are not comfortable being chair hogs either.)

2 tips:

If you do the spa (Persian Gardens) you basically get outside and inside front of the ship access for sail away and sunsets etc.

Best free coffee can be found in the spa cafe Lavazza machine for free. Personally I preferred the American from there to Cafe El Baccio. Dining room coffee is close second. I couldn’t handle the OVC coffee.

Great cruise all around. I would go on Apex again and still think that Celebrity offers a better product for us.

Happy Cruising!

Koohiichan

Thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

30 minutes ago, Texed said:

Well, thanks a lot. But, I was congratulating Pennstatedj on becoming Zenith.  But, with our b2b on Apex, we have become double Zenith.  😊

So double everything; you must have started when you were in elementary school!😀  Am I close?  How many points do you earn for eating waffles...sorry, but I gave away your secret!

• Haha 2