Upgrading Onboard

Cockatoos

So, if I decided not to upgrade the drinks package to Premium pre cruise, will there still be crew waiting for you in the foyer to offer a discount to upgrade?

Anyone recently do this? What was the cost pp pd?

Edited by Cockatoos

Yes, any bartender will be happy to upgrade your beverage package.  If you are Classic level or above in the Captains Club there is a 10-15% discount if you upgrade before your cruise.  

I believe the price to upgrade on board is $20 pd plus 20% gratuity.  

• Thanks 2

Purchase it from the Bartender and bar that you like.   The BT gets the gratuity on that purchase and is very grateful.   You might also benefit from doing that. 😉.   If you buy from those hawks that pester you they are just chasing the gratuity and you will never see them again.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

Hello! On the topic of upgrading the drinks package on board, is there a cut off day to do so?

We currently have the classic package and only 2 sea days on a 7 night cruise. We're thinking about using the classic package for the first 2 or 3 days to decide if the upgrade is worth it. Day 1 is embarkation, Day 2 is a port day and Day 3 is a sea day. We'd likely upgrade on Day 3 or Day 4 if possible. I thought I had read somewhere that one has to upgrade by a certain day... Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you!

Not sure where to post this question/comment regarding room upgrade/bid process.  Was ready to submit an upgrade offer until I discovered that the upgrade to a higher suite ONLY includes the room NOT the benefits.  

Has this always been the policy? 

18 minutes ago, keylimecake said:

Not sure where to post this question/comment regarding room upgrade/bid process.  Was ready to submit an upgrade offer until I discovered that the upgrade to a higher suite ONLY includes the room NOT the benefits.  

Yes but if going from a lower suite to a higher suite you still get the amenities of the lower suite booked, like Premium drinks, Wi-Fi and tips. 

16 minutes ago, keylimecake said:

Yes, since Move Up started.  With a MU to a Suite you get the suite, access to Retreat Lounge & Sun Deck, Luminae and Butler. You do not get the Premium beverage packagem, premium wi-fi, prepaid gratuity or the OBC associated with booking a Suite.  You also do not get the CC points for the suite.  You keep any booking perks and the points for the cabin you originally booked.

21 minutes ago, keylimecake said:

Yes if your upgrade to a Sky or Celebrity suite.

If you upgrade to Royal or above. There are items that do come with the suite. You need to look at what comes with the suite.

Royal Suite: 

Exclusive services and amenities

Complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily

Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants

Two complimentary bottles of premium spirits

VIP canapés

Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise)

Priority luggage delivery

The above is from Celebrity website. I thought premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi came with RS. Has things changed?

8 minutes ago, keylimecake said:

I called Celebrity and the person to whom I spoke emphatically stated that it was room only and not Luminae.  I know that we maintain our booking perks but the difference (for me)is going from Blu to Luminae.  I will reach out to our TA to triple check.  Thanks all.

Well, the person you spoke to was emphatically misinformed.  If you move up to a suite, you get to dine in Luminae.  Friends of mine have done it.

2 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Yes if your upgrade to a Sky or Celebrity suite.

If you upgrade to Royal or above. There are items that do come with the suite. You need to look at what comes with the suite.

Royal Suite: 

Exclusive services and amenities

Complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily

Unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants

Two complimentary bottles of premium spirits

VIP canapés

Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise)

Priority luggage delivery

The above is from Celebrity website. I thought premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi came with RS. Has things changed?

Premium drink and wi-fi packages come with all suites if that is what you book originally.  If you move from a lower suite to a royal suite, you will still have this.

6 hours ago, BeachTunes said:

Hello! On the topic of upgrading the drinks package on board, is there a cut off day to do so?

We currently have the classic package and only 2 sea days on a 7 night cruise. We're thinking about using the classic package for the first 2 or 3 days to decide if the upgrade is worth it. Day 1 is embarkation, Day 2 is a port day and Day 3 is a sea day. We'd likely upgrade on Day 3 or Day 4 if possible. I thought I had read somewhere that one has to upgrade by a certain day... Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you!

I understand you cannot test drive the premium drink package.  They will let you upgrade for all the remaining days.  Therefore it should work as you have laid out.  

Edited by CaribbeanBound
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BeachTunes said:

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, CaribbeanBound said:

I understand you cannot test drive the premium drink package.  They will let you upgrade for all the remaining days.  Therefore it should work as you have laid out.  

You pay the prorated amount per night.  Once you start, you cannot stop it.  Both statements are also true for purchasing the internet or an internet upgrade

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keylimecake said:

I called Celebrity and the person to whom I spoke emphatically stated that it was room only and not Luminae.  I know that we maintain our booking perks but the difference (for me)is going from Blu to Luminae.  I will reach out to our TA to triple check.  Thanks all.

Not the first time shoreside customer service has been wrong, they're most likely wrongly assuming that Luminae is a "perk" which it isn't

There is a cut off date for upgrading.   I think it has to be before the 2nd or 3rd day from the end of the cruise.  

You need to check to make sure.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miched said:

There is a cut off date for upgrading.   I think it has to be before the 2nd or 3rd day from the end of the cruise.  

You need to check to make sure.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is exactly at 48 hours prior to sailing.   That is when I've always received my rejections.

I believe it also co-insides with when the ship has to submit final planned manifest to Homeland Security.

Edited by Jim_Iain

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is exactly at 48 hours prior to sailing.   That is when I've always received my rejections.

I believe it also co-insides with when the ship has to submit final planned manifest to Homeland Security.

I believe miched was referring to upgrading drink packages. 

I don't think  Homeland Security has yet to start monitoring alcohol consumption, but you never know.

Mike