Classic to Premium Drink Package pricing!

cheeseheads4ever

Sorry to beat this to death and maybe this has been covered before but we are booked on Beyond in April. We have Classic Drink Package Included with our cruise. We want to possibly upgrade to premium prior to boarding. Went into our manage reservation. Don’t see where there is a spot to upgrade from Classic to premium with a discount. How do I do this do I have to call? Looks like both beverage packages current have a 9-10% off deal if you can call it that when they raised it 20%. But anyway we would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you in advance…

The price is the difference between the 2 packages minus any CC discount plus 20%.  
Currently the price difference in our cruise planner is $18 less 15%= $15.30 + 20%, so $18.36.  If you upgrade on board it would be $20 +20% or $24.

4 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

What would the per day price be to upgrade from an included Classic Package to Premium with the Elite discount?

For us, I upgraded DH and it was $115.50 total with our Elite disc for our 7 night March Reflection cruise.

Edited by jkloni

28 minutes ago, jkloni said:

For us, I upgraded DH and it was $115.50 total with our Elite disc for our 7 night March Reflection 

Possibly you were lucky 👏and got a new rep who couldn’t figure it out.  

Edited by jelayne

I would also like to do this but only on my classic package.  DH does not drink but he has the classic as well.  Has anyone experienced this transition?  I intend to have his PCP provide documentation that he does not drink alcohol due to medical contraindications but, how would this work in terms of calling to receive a discount? I guess one only finds these things out by doing it.  

Just curious I'm just a beer drinker.  If i upgrade from classic to premium and once onboard see that due to inventory most of the  quality high end craft beers are out of stock can I downgrade back to the classic.  

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Excuse me jumping in to ask a different question, but is it still possible to upgrade part way through a cruise. I realise Elite discount won't apply in this case.

Yes, this is what is listed on the Celebrity website:

Important details and advisements

• Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.
  • Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.
  • Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service.
  • Packages must be purchased for the entire cruise.
  • In the event that the package is purchased onboard, after the first day, guest will be charge for the number of nights remaining in voyage.
  • Packages can be sold until the last two days of the cruise, or at the discretion of the Beverage Operations Manager.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sea mom said:

Just curious I'm just a beer drinker.  If i upgrade from classic to premium and once onboard see that due to inventory most of the  quality high end craft beers are out of stock can I downgrade back to the classic.  

Thanks 

No

2 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Oops one more thing. Can my DW upgrade to Premium and I stay at Classic?

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes

You've done this? It says in the FAQ that it's not allowed to upgrade just 1 person.

Does everyone in the stateroom need to purchase the same drink package, including upgrades? 

The Drink Package Policy requires all guests to purchase the same Drink Package for ALL guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom (ex. if one guest chooses to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, ALL guests of legal drinking age in the stateroom must upgrade) This policy applies to packages purchased pre-cruise and onboard.    

1 hour ago, boykin said:

Does anyone have a current wine list, I looked on the app and it only showed a few by the glass.  I would like to see the selections before deciding to upgrade.

The one I have is way too old.  I just go by the Celebrity App.   

If you look look under Menu for the dining areas, there is a drinks listing of by the glass and bottle.   There is no assurance that all of the wines listed will be available onboard but from what I am reading, the availability of wines is improving. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

Hi. 
We are on beyond mid may in aqua.  Just finished calling them 5 minutes ago to the booked passenger number 888 751 7804 5 minute wait they looked up our status and for 12 days it was about 198pp with the 20% added in did not ask about just doing 1.  Hope this helps they actually were pretty efficient.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 1:26 PM, chrisinaz said:

Hi. 
We are on beyond mid may in aqua.  Just finished calling them 5 minutes ago to the booked passenger number 888 751 7804 5 minute wait they looked up our status and for 12 days it was about 198pp with the 20% added in did not ask about just doing 1.  Hope this helps they actually were pretty efficient.

That's $16.50 per day.  - Exactly what I paid a couple weeks ago for a 7 night cruise - $16.50 x 7 = $115.50 with the Elite discount.  Seems pretty consistent?   And I did upgrade only my husband to Premium (didn't know that evidently the rules had changed in December), as I only drink beer and Franziskaner is on Classic and I love wit bier so it works for me. 🙂

We are on the Equinox and it is not worth it to upgrade as many premium liquors are not even onboard.  Wines stocked are pitiful—thank heaven for being able to bring two bottles each.  Many complaints from those with premium.  We stayed with classic and some of the classic things are not even stocked.  Very disappointing.  We’ve checked with all the bars and they shrug—nothing much is being restocked each time in FLL.

10 hours ago, PRH said:

We are on the Equinox and it is not worth it to upgrade as many premium liquors are not even onboard.  Wines stocked are pitiful—thank heaven for being able to bring two bottles each.  Many complaints from those with premium.  We stayed with classic and some of the classic things are not even stocked.  Very disappointing.  We’ve checked with all the bars and they shrug—nothing much is being restocked each time in FLL.

Can you please tell me if the Martini Bar is stocked with the premium liquors? Or are they making the martinis with Tito’s and other well spirits?

We have upgraded to Premium from AI/Classic on Equinox (granted, not til Nov./23 sailing), but don’t want to pay the up charge if they aren’t even stocking the premium vodkas and gins we have paid for.