Who would like this for an Elite Benifit?

cjpj

Instead of a minibar set up, why doesn't Princess offer the benifit to purchase the Princess Premiere package at the cost of the Princess Plus; the same way the insurance upgrades are available? 

Like or Dislike?

• Like 5

That wouldn't work well for us, since we don't drink alcohol and it's less expensive for us to just pay for the things that we do want. Plus, we really like trading the mini bar for two coffee packages.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Instead of a minibar set up, why doesn't Princess offer the benifit to purchase the Princess Premiere package at the cost of the Princess Plus; the same way the insurance upgrades are available? 

Like or Dislike?

Okay, let's add more caveats. If you don't book a Princess Plus/upgrade to Premium package, you'd still get the mini bar setup. Win-Win.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I would not complain about that since we always book the Plus Package.  I think they would be giving away a lot more value, so I don't see it happening.

I don't thing they are giving away that much from the Plus to the Premium.  Isn't that what perks are all about.

Edited by cjpj
Added to post
  • Like 1

Won’t happen in a million years. However, I do like the idea however, we’re happy with the Plus package and what it offers. Eventually you going to see some Elite benefits disappearing and replace with something that is totally useless to us Elite members. What would be nice is our own dining area or our own private bar for Elite members only. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 3

I would be a big NO vote on this. Both packages are way overpriced imo given our drinking habits and I much prefer to use the bar setup to exchange for 2 coffee ‘cards’.

Also since we often take longer voyages the cost of the drink package can sometimes be more than than the cost of the voyage. 

• Like 4

Considering the number of Elite (quite of 25% of the passengers or more) adding any benefits would have significant cost or if no cost not much value because of the large number of elites.  Would rather have the cruise line collect the extra dollars from those that want premium and help keep fare costs lower.

Adding another benefit just gives more for some to complain about.

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

After having the Plus package for a few cruises I've come to realize it's not the bargain I once thought.

We're returning to paying our gratuities & getting the setup for coffee. 

True. However, I hate that invoice at the end of our cruise. Lol

2 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Better to have a smaller invoice at the end.. than a bigger one at the start though.. 😂

There no such thing as a small invoice when it comes to my wife and I. 

• Haha 5