You have 30 minutes to get to your muster station!

flamingos

On 2/2/2023 at 4:25 PM, flamingos said:

That's the message I got on my phone, from the app, about 45 minutes ago.  I am not on a cruise. 

I got a text from a friend that her son got one - he hasn't been on a cruise for over  a year.  

I hope they aren't waiting for us.  🤪

I received the same notification, twice! Our next cruise is March 18th so I assumed it was just a glitch.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, flamingos said:

That's the message I got on my phone, from the app, about 45 minutes ago.  I am not on a cruise. 

I got a text from a friend that her son got one - he hasn't been on a cruise for over  a year.  

I hope they aren't waiting for us.  🤪

It flashed for a second on my iPhone, then disappeared.

1 hour ago, Daghis said:

It's nice to see that the famous $18/day-drink-package intern got themselves a job in software development. 😆

OMG, thank you!!!  Yeah, I was one of the "lucky" ones that had snagged the $18 a day drink pkg until Covid wrecked our plans!!!  This has all of the "earmarks" of that!  

I had a cruise booked for this coming April on Enchantment out of Baltimore but it was cancelled because they are moving her elsewhere and Vision is coming to B'more.  I thought maybe it was some kind of glitch because of that...but still went to check all of my docs to make sure that I hadn't missed something along the way... 😝

11 hours ago, alex_drew said:

OMG, thank you!!!  Yeah, I was one of the "lucky" ones that had snagged the $18 a day drink pkg until Covid wrecked our plans!!!  This has all of the "earmarks" of that!  

I think we had 5 weeks of sailings with that deal, none of which we ended up going on. One was even a 2-week transatlantic! I tell you, there could be arguments made that maybe the pandemic was Royal Caribbean's reneging on their offer. 🤣

Oh, and in terms of real messages, we were on a B2B in December. During the second week, we were explicitly told that we did not need to report to our muster stations during the second week as we were in the same cabin (more specifically, the same muster station) as the prior week. Yet, 30 minutes before setting sail, the app sent us that notification, prompting us to check to see whether we really did need to check in.

Nope... it was just a blanket notification to anyone who hadn't yet checked in for that sailing, even those who were exempted. Gotta love Royal Caribbean Inconsistency.

I also got this message for our May cruise. As a follow up I now notice on the app that it shows Check in as closed !

and to be sure to check in at least 90 min b4 dept.

Normally it just shows the date check in opens, think it was sometime in March before.

Wonder if the two are linked

On 2/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, Daghis said:

Oh, and in terms of real messages, we were on a B2B in December. During the second week, we were explicitly told that we did not need to report to our muster stations during the second week as we were in the same cabin (more specifically, the same muster station) as the prior week. Yet, 30 minutes before setting sail, the app sent us that notification, prompting us to check to see whether we really did need to check in.

Nope... it was just a blanket notification to anyone who hadn't yet checked in for that sailing, even those who were exempted. Gotta love Royal Caribbean Inconsistency.

We're doing a back to back in November so we'll remember to check in for the second leg anyway and watch the video again.  Still better than In-Person muster