Updated 2/3/23: Sun Princess Press Release

LACruiser88

26 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

I dint mean waterslides and surf simulators etc...but look at Celebrity as a comparison to Princess.  They seem to have much more innovative specialty restaurants and spaces than Princess does even on this new ship.  Take a look at Celebrity Beyond which is roughly the same size as Sun Princess and look at what they are doing with the public spaces and restaurants.

We cruise Celebrity quite often and the Edge class ships, such as Beyond,  provides a much different cruise experience.  You can’t compare the Princess concept with Celebrity…….apples and oranges.  Celebrity has thrown out most of the familiar and replaced it with high tech sophistication.  Not everyone’s cup of tea, but we love it.  People who love Princess would not necessarily love Celebrity.  

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

This: "The three decks will each have their own personalities, offer different dining experiences and range in levels of formality." is very interesting. Different levels of formality? I wonder how that's going to pan out.

Add this to the list of many things in the wonder how this is going to pan out category.  Will be interesting to see what happens if one level is dramatically under booked.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

And where will club class (reserve) be ?

It has its own dining room, same as with suites on deck 7. Right across from the Wheel house bar.

3 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

It's interesting (and disappointing) that Princess had the opportunity to add new dining concepts other than the "same old, same old" Crown Grill and Sabatini's.  While itinerary diversity is the #1 reason we have drifted away from Princess, food quality and offerings is #2. 

Well two of the spots that could have gone for specialty restaurants on deck 7 are now for the reserve and signature dining rooms.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Share ... Bistro le Sur ... stand alone Salty Dog ... not so much

Alfredo's - big hit ... and included on SUN P

I keep telling y'all - a 24/7 Waffle House would be packed - but then noone would want to go, huh? 🤑

Alfredo's is there, but it appears to be located on deck 9 right next to the buffet, the same as the international cafe.  Another wonder how that will work out.

2 hours ago, ldtr said:

Add this to the list of many things in the wonder how this is going to pan out category.  Will be interesting to see what happens if one level is dramatically under booked.

That's a question that springs to my mind! If they have one mdr that requires more formal attire, what happens when someone who's way casually dressed turns up for dinner and is told there's going to be a wait for a table in a casual mdr? While tables sit empty in the more formal one? Seems to me like that can happen and that the passenger(s) isn't/aren't going to be happy.

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

It has its own dining room, same as with suites on deck 7. Right across from the Wheel house bar.

So full suites and club class mini suites can’t dine together ?  Bummer we cruise in full suites and have friends who book club class mini suites so we can all dine together   Another reason for me to opt for other ships

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Although I've been to plays & skits in the round (Shakespeare and non-musical) where is the theater? I've only seen a round option .... are they phasing out full scale production shows? 

I believe that the round can be configured to standard theatre style. Reading the release they cite that it has multiple configurations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dides said:

But underlines that Bistro Su Lar Mer didn't make the cut - linking into the plan to remove it from Sky Princess in the April dry dock (and replace with Crooners)

Just got off the Enchanted last week and was told in their April Drydock in Palermo that Bistro Sur La Mar would be replaced with Sabatini's, and the Salty Dog would go back to a Vines, and the current Sabatini's location would be a new concept restaurant called "The Catch"...a new seafood venue.  I know details can change from now to then, but that was what I was told by one of the higher ups in the dining department.  Included within The Catch, would be the new 360 dining experience that some have mentioned on other threads.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, dides said:

But underlines that Bistro Su Lar Mer didn't make the cut - linking into the plan to remove it from Sky Princess in the April dry dock (and replace with Crooners)

Duplicate

Edited by CRLess

9 hours ago, dides said:

Duplicate

Edited by CRLess

2 minutes ago, CRLess said:

Just got off the Enchanted last week and was told in their April Drydock in Palermo that Bistro Sur La Mar would be replaced with Sabatini's, and the Salty Dog would go back to a Vines, and the current Sabatini's location would be a new concept restaurant called "The Catch"...a new seafood venue.  I know details can change from now to then, but that was what I was told by one of the higher ups in the dining department.  Included within The Catch, would be the new 360 dining experience that some have mentioned on other threads.

That’s great!  Thanks

1 hour ago, CRLess said:

Oh wow! I guess I'm in the minority then. I absolutely love Bistro Sur La Mer! Personally for me it's probably my favorite out of all of the specialty dining restaurants that Princess has. To each and their own.

I actually just went to check the deck plans on both the Enchanted and sky which they do have the option to view the map If you're sailing after the dry dock in April. The venues mentioned about being replaced all remain the same as they currently are.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

So it's been puzzling me since last night when I read about them possibly changing venues around on both the Sky and Enchanted during the dry docks in April. Besides hearsay from officers on board mentioning it which I might question when I'm back on board in 2 weeks time. Has this information been posted anywhere online directly from Princess?

Why are they all of a sudden deciding to change the venues around which I find interesting considering when the majestic is been here stateside since the pandemic reopening. If any ship were to get venue changes, I always kind of thought it would have been the majestic to help Americanize it, as we know the venues and certain areas were created for the Asian market.

Edited by Jeter02

10 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

So it's been puzzling me since last night when I read about them possibly changing venues around on both the Sky and Enchanted during the dry docks in April. Besides hearsay from officers on board mentioning it which I might question when I'm back on board in 2 weeks time. Has this information been posted anywhere online directly from Princess?

Why are they all of a sudden deciding to change the venues around which I find interesting considering when the majestic is been here stateside since the pandemic reopening. If any ship were to get venue changes, I always kind of thought it would have been the majestic to help Americanize it, as we know the venues and certain areas were created for the Asian market.

Probably complaints.  Since they never reopened the seafood and planks bbq up on the Lido, since the restart.

They really need more venues, especially on the long cruises.  They kept saying staff shortages or food supply issues.

Or, to make more money?

• Like 1

I am so glad sabatinis will be there it bitterly disappoints me it is missing on the Majestic . Never understood bistro sur la mer (was never a problem getting a table).

with regular wait times of 30 min to nearly an hour at lunch at Alfredos on sea days it doesnt surprise me it us not going anywhere . 

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Probably complaints.  Since they never reopened the seafood and planks bbq up on the Lido, since the restart.

They really need more venues, especially on the long cruises.  They kept saying staff shortages or food supply issues.

Or, to make more money?

Grant you the one thing I do miss on the sky that's missing is crooners because I absolutely love it being back on the Enchanted, with those cozy big red chairs.

Interesting to read comments about the Princess speciality dining options. I’m not sure it’s Princess’s fault that Crown Grill and Sabatini’s remain the only consistent staples. It seems every new concept Princess introduces is received with derision by the loyalists so perhaps they’ve given up trying. You only have to see how Crown Grill is packed every night to understand where Princess’s passengers food preferences lie.

Edited by Geoffa30
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, jwattle said:
16 hours ago, Ombud said:

Although I've been to plays & skits in the round (Shakespeare and non-musical) where is the theater? I've only seen a round option .... are they phasing out full scale production shows? 

I believe that the round can be configured to standard theatre style. Reading the release they cite that it has multiple configurations.

Last concern:: can you find the piazza? A 3 tier open area where the focus is not on food? I don't cruise to eat

• Like 1