Restrictions on Cruise Calls to Bar Harbor?

tring

4 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Sorry, but You should have known that this could be an issue when you first booked.

I don't know that the average 'Joe Passenger' should have been aware of this when booking but, for sure, Princess ought to have been fully aware that the possibility of this happening was very high and ought not have market3d and sold itineraries includin Bar Harbor on ships that would not realistically be permitted to visit.

• Like 1

Most people research their cruises before booking. I'm not in the habit of spending a couple of thousand dollars and not knowing what I'm getting for my money.

16 hours ago, Bestofthe last said:

Just notified by Princess that the stop at Bar Harbor for the Enchanted Princess September 21, 2024 cruise will be changed to a sea day. A bummer. Do not want another sea day on a 7 day cruise to New England. Also, Bar Harbor was the reason we booked this cruise.   Have until June 23, 2024 to decide to continue or cancel.

I would cancel and book on a ship that will be making the port at Bar Harbor.  Cruise ships that booked Bar Harbor before November 2022 will be allowed this year.  

On 5/10/2024 at 3:20 PM, d9704011 said:

I don't know that the average 'Joe Passenger' should have been aware of this when booking but, for sure, Princess ought to have been fully aware that the possibility of this happening was very high and ought not have market3d and sold itineraries includin Bar Harbor on ships that would not realistically be permitted to visit.

I agree with you. 

And Princess is not the only cruise line doing this. NCL, for example, has several September 2025 cruises on the Getaway that it is marketing as visiting Bar Harbor. I’m booked on one of those cruises. But since I’m here on CC and am not the average “Jane Passenger,” I do know that it is highly unlikely that we will call at Bar Harbor.  But I’ll bet most folks booked on that cruise do not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris153 said:

So far the August 24th cruise on enchanted is still going to bar harbor. Hope it stays that way

I would put money down that you will not be going there.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:31 PM, mets123 said:

Read the cruise contract. They can change at any time for any reason.

Yes, it always says that.  Generally due to weather or other unexpected reasons.  It would be nice for cruiselines to notify folks in cases like Bar Harbor where the change is foreseeable.

99 times out of 100 a cruise won't have changes.  But Bar Harbor ones have been known by the cruiselines to be at risk for quite awhile now

On 5/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, 1025cruise said:

I would put money down that you will not be going there.

The August 24 Enchanted Princess cruise is the last one on Princess in 2024 that is stopping in Bar Harbor.  I know for a fact that any of this ships cruise on any voyage after has either been changed to either a sea day, or an alternate port in Maine.   I am on the 8.24 sailing.  

I'm on the Oct. 5 sailing of Enchanted and received the cancellation of Bar Harbor for a sea day. I just chatted with Princess and was told we would not receive any credit to our balance due for the port fees! 

On 5/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, Bestofthe last said:

Just notified by Princess that the stop at Bar Harbor for the Enchanted Princess September 21, 2024 cruise will be changed to a sea day. A bummer. Do not want another sea day on a 7 day cruise to New England. Also, Bar Harbor was the reason we booked this cruise.   Have until June 23, 2024 to decide to continue or cancel.

We were on that 10-12-24 itinerary, and got no good explanation.  After finally "Googling," I got the scoop on why.  I cancelled the Princess trip yesterday and began looking at the Crystal Serenity itineraries since its capacity is 740 passengers.  And, like you, Bar Harbor was the purpose of the trip.  BTW...Sydney Nova Scotia??? Don't think so.

23 hours ago, SPNJHockey said:

We were on that 10-12-24 itinerary, and got no good explanation.  After finally "Googling," I got the scoop on why.  I cancelled the Princess trip yesterday and began looking at the Crystal Serenity itineraries since its capacity is 740 passengers.  And, like you, Bar Harbor was the purpose of the trip.  BTW...Sydney Nova Scotia??? Don't think so.

You might look at cruises on the NCL Breakaway.  Most of them (not all) in September and October will be making the Bar Harbor Port of Call.  NCL scheduled Bar Harbor before November 2022 so the port is allowing them to call.