John Heald announces 31 day Luminosa TP for 2024!

Circlt

32 minutes ago, Circlt said:

Luminosa 31 day Transpacific from Brisbane Australia to Seattle WA in April 2024!  Here is the itinerary, see photo 🥰

BF40A84C-BE41-484D-AA1E-A6F1DA6A4194.png

That itinerary looks great! Unfortunately my kids are still in school, so a month long vacation during the school year isn’t in the cards for us 😞

My TA could see it. She saw cabins available in all categories. I have a 4k on hold. I have only been to .Guam, Juneau and Ketchikan, so Japan ports were very appealing, and it ends at my home port.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

Interesting move by Carnival - this does not seem to be (in my opinion) the type of cruise targeted towards the average Carnival cruiser who is adamant that they will never travel with anything other than the most basic form of ID possible because they refuse to get a passport - because they never leave the country - and only go on closed loop cruises.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Interesting move by Carnival - this does not seem to be (in my opinion) the type of cruise targeted towards the average Carnival cruiser who is adamant that they will never travel with anything other than the most basic form of ID possible because they refuse to get a passport - because they never leave the country - and only go on closed loop cruises.

The Luminosa is shared between Australia and Alaska so they might as well sell the repositioning voyages. Presumably they'll be doing two of these a year.

15 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Luminosa is shared between Australia and Alaska so they might as well sell the repositioning voyages. Presumably they'll be doing two of these a year.

Good point which I hadn’t thought of. I would assume that these will be heavily booked by Australians / New Zealanders as Alaska is a popular destination for them - and they are used to travelling overseas - and they do not have a problem in travelling when a passport is required.

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Good point which I hadn’t thought of. I would assume that these will be heavily booked by Australians / New Zealanders as Alaska is a popular destination for them - and they are used to travelling overseas - and they do not have a problem in travelling when a passport is required.

It is nothing new for Carnival to have these types of cruises. As long as ships repo to these destinations, like Australia, there will be cruises. There is a niche group in the US that prefers these longer repo cruises. I was on the Spirit and Legend in 2012 and 2014 when they were sent to Sydney. In 2019, I was on the Splendor to Singapore. Now they have the Splendor, Panorama and Luminosa doing these trips. There are many of us old seafarers who have no interest in 7 day Caribbean cruises. But thankfully for the new cruisers just discovering cruising or having limited vaca time, there are still plenty of ships for them. And lots of seafarers who just like being on a ship and doing the same ole, same ole. There’s something for everybody.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

An I correct that  there are no self service laundries on Luminosa?  Am I correct that it is the only Carnival brand ship for which this is true?  If so, I would say that Luminosa is arguably the least well suited Carnival ship for such a long voyage.

37 minutes ago, 57eric said:

An I correct that  there are no self service laundries on Luminosa?  Am I correct that it is the only Carnival brand ship for which this is true?  If so, I would say that Luminosa is arguably the least well suited Carnival ship for such a long voyage.

Luminosa is only on the spirit class ships that does not have laundries rooms

They are also 3 other ships with no self service: Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee

On 2/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, crzndeb said:

My TA could see it. She saw cabins available in all categories. I have a 4k on hold. I have only been to .Guam, Juneau and Ketchikan, so Japan ports were very appealing, and it ends at my home port.

Have you seen the prices Debbie???

15 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

That’s a lot of sea days and odd itinerary .  Why sail to Japanese ports when you can do some cool South Pacific islands instead.

No interest in that sailing 

Although I decided against it because of price, I will be making my 3rd trip to South Pacific this year, but never to Japan. That was the draw.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Although I decided against it because of price, I will be making my 3rd trip to South Pacific this year, but never to Japan. That was the draw.

I am booked on Celebrity Millennium in Sept ,  Vancouver to Tokyo. 2020 prices as lifted and shifted 3 times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryann2 said:

I am booked on Celebrity Millennium in Sept ,  Vancouver to Tokyo. 2020 prices as lifted and shifted 3 times.

That’s how a couple of my Ovation cruises are. 2 of them have been L&S since 2020, and one since 2021. I think it’s finally a go in March….LOL

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/70/~/what-is-the-currency-onboard%3F#:~:text=That's an easy one!,will be charged in US

2 hours ago, moodyblue9 said:

Placed Deposit on this Transpacific Cruise,bought a book on Japan lol.

Does anyone know if and when it becomes an American ship instead of Australian?.Travel insurance thought.

You asking about dollars on board ? TP are in US $.Screenshot_20230728-131826_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eef23e30b936c9e8c900d3aaf7ff2ea8.jpg

• Thanks 1