Video featuring 360 experience

MileHighAko

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow. What is that part near the beginning where it looks like bugs are crawling all over everything? Surely I must be seeing it wrong...

Not bugs but bees!  During the experience, images are projected on the tables.  That part of the experience involved lavender and honey in making the dish.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow. What is that part near the beginning where it looks like bugs are crawling all over everything? Surely I must be seeing it wrong...

They are bees (you can clearly see they're over honeycomb) and they are a highlight of dessert.

Edited by startedwithamouse

When you first sit down your first name is projected on your place setting. That's why they seat you exactly where they seat you and you can't switch seats.  It was a lovely dinner but I wouldn't do it again if there was an upcharge. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It does look interesting but once again it looks like it's directed at full suite passengers only. ??

image.thumb.png.bf6f5261c1dde9f140aaa6e83feb7ac5.png

On the Discovery it's by invitation, and we were not in a suite when we went in early January. Our invitation came from our head waiter.

3 hours ago, Guindalf said:

We're in a Penthouse Suite for our Alaskan cruise on Discovery in September. Is an invite automatic and is there a cost involved?

We have done Le Petit Chef on Celebrity a couple times and this looks a little more immersive.

As best as I can tell, they begin by offering the experience to suite guests by invitation either phone call or email shortly before the cruise. They then seem to make any remaining spots available by invitation randomly. Some people have asked about it and received an invitation. Others have simply been asked while walking by. My guess is that they try to fill each seating, suite or not.

My advise is that if you're in a suite and don't receive and invitation prior to the cruise, just stop in to the concierge lounge (aft on 14) and ask the concierge to arrange.

• Like 1