“The culinary brand” - LLP. I almost choked when she said that

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Celebrity has come a long way from the 1990s - yes I know a lifetime ago - when culinary actually meant something, and X was known for those excellent swan puff pastries.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was in 2008 on the old Century. I remember some great food served on that cruise in the MDR. Some entrees that still stick out were super thick juicy and tender Veal chops, 1' thick cuts of prime rib and the best beef Wellington I think I ever ate anywhere. Back then you could order surf and turf that was a tender tenderloin and cold-water lobster tails bigger than your finger and no charging for more than one tail. 

It is so ironic. I couldn’t believe that they said last month that “dinner” was available in the buffet on the Solstice. There was nothing but pizza, pasta, and burgers when we walked in at 7:30. That is some culinary achievement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To be fair, she didn't say the food was good. "Culinary" literally means "of or relating to the kitchen or cookery." (Merriam-Webster). "Culinary brand" could mean a burgeoning reputation for declining food standards. 

Edited by MarkWiltonM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

She is Royal  C trained, so maybe her ideas of culinary standards differ from the original X standards of excellence which s he may not have experienced..?

Her tenure is noted for the decline of  "Modern Luxury.".,.main focus on suite class ....no idea about her bottom line performance..

Edited by hcat

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

She is Royal  C trained, so maybe her ideas of culinary standards differ from the original X standards of excellence which s he may not have experienced..?

Her tenure is noted for the decline of  "Modern Luxury.".,.main focus on suite class ....no idea about her bottom line performance..

100% agree, they seem to push "The Retreat" over everything else.  They're claiming to be relaxed luxury which I agree with since there's so little to do

image.thumb.png.9c6ca434fff617319ae64de92456ea5e.png

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

To be fair, she didn't say the food was good. "Culinary" literally means "of or relating to the kitchen or cookery." (Merriam-Webster). "Culinary brand" could mean a burgeoning reputation for declining food standards. 

But using it in her context could be taken as bragging about X food.

• Like 1