“The culinary brand” - LLP. I almost choked when she said that

cruisestitch

In the current power up point webinar, LLP describe Celebrity as the “culinary brand”.  I nearly choked when I heard that. Maybe it once was, but no more. On my recent equinox Cruises I had pork chops which could not be cut they were so hard and dry, lukewarm onion soup which I asked to be replaced and all I got was more lukewarm onion soup, Unappetizing and unappealing offerings at dinner in the ocean view Café, Starchy lukewarm pasta in the MDR, no prime rib at dinner, And honestly the list could go on but I’m depressed just thinking about it.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

In the current power up point webinar, LLP describe Celebrity as the “culinary brand”.  I nearly choked when I heard that. Maybe it once was, but no more. On my recent equinox Cruises I had pork chops which could not be cut they were so hard and dry, lukewarm onion soup which I asked to be replaced and all I got was more lukewarm onion soup, Unappetizing and unappealing offerings at dinner in the ocean view Café, Starchy lukewarm pasta in the MDR, no prime rib at dinner, And honestly the list could go on but I’m depressed just thinking about it.  

That was the place where I wish there was a chat feature or something for the audience to post comments/questions.  I'd sure like to know where she dines when she is onboard, then again I suspect there is a special chef that makes all her meals.   Maybe one day I'll have to take one of the "Cruise with the CEO" cruises and see just how different things are when she's onboard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I don't think LLP experiences are like ours when she is onboard.  

Should be a show like REVERSE undercover bosses…On her next sailing she gets told her suites was having maintenance issues and she has no choice to move into an IV and eat with the peasants like me…Want specialty dining reservations?  Once on board those are for suite guests unless you’re okay with 930pm on the last night

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Should be a show like REVERSE undercover bosses…On her next sailing she gets told her suites was having maintenance issues and she has no choice to move into an IV and eat with the peasants like me…Want specialty dining reservations?  Once on board those are for suite guests unless you’re okay with 930pm on the last night

now that I'd actually watch instead of the webinar from yesterday which I muted after 8 seconds.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

now that I'd actually watch instead of the webinar from yesterday which I muted after 8 seconds.

Too bad for you. You missed which captains prefer cheese or chocolate. Everyone wants to know that. I guess if you’re a captain, you need to put up with lame questions. Script was written by a middle school student.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, natshala said:

Too bad for you. You missed which captains prefer cheese or chocolate. Everyone wants to know that. I guess if you’re a captain, you need to put up with lame questions. Script was written by a middle school student.

Yes, I will definitely have to unmute next time.

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That was the place where I wish there was a chat feature or something for the audience to post comments/questions.  I'd sure like to know where she dines when she is onboard, then again I suspect there is a special chef that makes all her meals.   Maybe one day I'll have to take one of the "Cruise with the CEO" cruises and see just how different things are when she's onboard. 

We did take a cruise with the CEO quite by chance.  We had a B2B booked in Asia and when the second cruise was cancelled we booked the cruise before, which turned out to be Cruise with the CEO.  She wasn’t on for the whole cruise, and as far as I know, never ate in the MDR although at the time there were no issues there.  The main things we noticed were small gifts in our cabin each night and a free evening excursion to the Citadel at Hue for select and above.  This was literally a washout, because heavy rain wrecked the outdoor dinner and entertainment.  As we exited the buses to the ship we were handed vouchers for free laundry or dry cleaning for our soaked clothes.

1 hour ago, D C said:

Did she really say that?  That's hilarious (if sad and pathetic at the same time)!  Maybe I should have actually watched instead of sticking it in the background with the volume off. 

In her defense, X is creating the most culinary buzz of all the cruise lines…She never claimed in any way that they’re the GOOD tasting culinary brand 🤣

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, natshala said:

Wouldn’t “red or white?” be a far more interesting and relevant question to ask (rhetorical)?