Ask Carnival Corp’s CEO: Call for Questions for Josh Weinstein

CCAubs

One of the biggest cruise industry events, Seatrade Cruise Global, is quickly approaching. At the event, cruise line CEOs sit side by side to discuss all things cruising. This year’s panel of esteemed CEOs includes Carnival Corporation’s President, CEO & Chief Climate Officer, Josh Weinstein. 

And he wants to hear from Cruise Critic members. 

Do you have a question that you’d love to ask Mr. Weinstein? Are you wondering what’s ahead for onboard dining and entertainment? Have thoughts on how Carnival Corp. can leverage technology to improve the cruise experience? Do you have questions about the cruise line’s sustainability efforts? We want to hear from you.

Share your questions below, and your question might be one asked of Mr. Weinstein at this year’s event.

When is the VIFP program getting revamped?

> Too many Diamonds - time for a higher level with real perks (drink packages, WiFi, etc)

> Ability to earn more VIFP points via cabin category, onboard spend, etc...

Pretty much the same things I've questioned/suggested for years.

Tom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why are you disregarding passenger safety by not going back to the real muster drill? Have you any proof that the new e-muster is effective? You have taken away all the other Covid changes like requiring up to date vaccinations and Covid testing, why not go back to the tried and true muster drill for safety purposes if you are in effect saying Covid is no longer a worry?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, txcruiser1234 said:

Is there any current consideration for extending loyalty program status among the many different cruise line brands under Carnival Corp.?

Yep - this too !

I've booked an April cruise with MSC (never sailed with them before) and was able to start at their highest (Diamond) level thanks to their status match program... more so from our Celebrity tier, thanks to their reciprocity with Azamara.

It would make sense to encourage people to stay within their corporate umbrella by way of some sort of inter-line benefits.

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest BasicSailor

Do away with the loyalty program. Placing people on Pedi stools does wonder for their egos.

We all sit on the pot the same way 😇

Just now, BasicSailor said:

Do away with the loyalty program. Placing people on Pedi stools does wonder for their egos.

We all sit on the pot the same way 😇

Pedi stools --- gotta love voice to text (at least that's what I hope happened).  😄 

No EGO here... it's all about "rewards" for loyal patronage.

Tom

• Like 4

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Pedi stools --- gotta love voice to text (at least that's what I hope happened).  😄 

No EGO here... it's all about "rewards" for loyal patronage.

Tom

Yup, that's what hat pen. Only kidding my friend only kidding with the comment.😉

When will gratuities become automatic?  I think the Carnival crew deserve to have guaranteed gratuities with the service I have received over 10 years of cruising and 21 cruises under my belt.  If a passenger isn't happy, they should report it to Guest Services so it can be detailed and fixed, not pulling all their gratuities.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

When will gratuities become automatic?  I think the Carnival crew deserve to have guaranteed gratuities with the service I have received over 10 years of cruising and 21 cruises under my belt.  If a passenger isn't happy, they should report it to Guest Services so it can be detailed and fixed, not pulling all their gratuities.

I'm guessing that they don't want the fare to appear to increase by that much - and run people off. I agree though, some level of gratuities should be fixed (not removable - at least not as easy as standing in a long line).

I've covered the cruise fare for my staff (annual office cruise) for many sailings, and they all know that the parking and tips are on their dime. Unfortunately, I had one staff member that was known to pull their tips more than once. It's the same one who would (when we cover lunch on Thursdays) order enough for leftovers for dinner. She's no longer with us...

Tom

• Like 3

How exactly are tips distributed?

Does Carnival keep any of it?

Which team members get them?

Do team members have to turn in cash tips?

I would love to settle this stupid argument once and for all.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 7

• LauraS pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

INPUT: Request to institute coffee pkg on other lines (aka: Carnival) / keep it on Princess.

Or coffee makers in the cabins (at least some cabins... perhaps Excel suites, as had been planned up to a few weeks before the Mardi Gras welcomed her first guests).

Tom

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor

Diamond members during the covid era lost respect with Carnival staff members. Rules were changed to implement safety and well respected so. However, this procedure and attitude treating your most loyal customers has exceeded past the Covid years. Rooms are not made ready and cabin entry is not allowed with exception of dropping off their luggage. Luggage arrives later than in the past. Remembering names are no longer important or bothered with. Our special number for calling guest services is nonexistent, and to be honest guest services never even bother to answer in the past.

Requesting items from a steward comes with a request for more tipping. Daly comments like hope your enjoying that extra ice Mr. XXXX.. You've increased the price of cruises but lowered the quality of your product, one time a day room cleaning and that's just a swift bed making. Food and service has declined. Wait times in the MDR is ridiculous, being served cold food and wrong orders.  Remember those that are loyal to Carnival.