Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

27 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Just wondering where on the Princess site this is.  I couldn’t find it under the captains circle benefits page. It probably won’t help me to have it bookmarked when they say no anyway.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page

Find it with the topic "Is there a way to customize the mini-bar I get as an Elite member?

• Like 3

On 2/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, Sea Hag said:

I'm glad you were able to do the swap. We boarded the Sky yesterday and were told that was discontinued. Boo! Hiss!

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not really picky about my coffee and will be sure to pack some single-serve instant.  My husband is very picky and will usually use up both our coffee packages.  Will you please post a photo of the coffee menu and prices?

For sure…it’s gone.

My PVP posted it on her Facebook page this morning. Finally when I am just about to get to Elite, it goes away.
We don’t bother with alcohol or soda very much, so we’ll see if they have anything else to offer.
How about a beautiful flower arrangement for the cabin? I’d love that. 

2 hours ago, caribill said:

You can exchange the alcohol and soda for bottles of water.

I do hope they come up with something else.
I have no idea what the value of the mini bar set up is, but that would be a lot of water, since they sell a case of 12 for under 10.00. You would have to drink a lot of water to equal it, I would think. And…water is included in the packages, so no bonus there 

2 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I do hope they come up with something else.
I have no idea what the value of the mini bar set up is, but that would be a lot of water, since they sell a case of 12 for under 10.00. You would have to drink a lot of water to equal it, I would think. And…water is included in the packages, so no bonus there 

Each exchange is bottle for bottle.  For example, if you exchanged all of your mini bar, you would get 20 waters.  That would equal +/- $11.66. Hardly worth it.  Someone actually priced out the mini bar to be around $75.

I had 4 mini bars on a b2b, with the Plus beverage package, and 2 bottles of waters delivered every night.  Most of it went the the crew.  I enjoyed a few cans of orange soda and Coke, a beer, and some fizzy water in the suite.   But that was when Plus was at $40.  Well worth it even if I didn’t break even.

At this point Princess should just offer OBC for the mini-bar trade-in.. It makes the most sense, with lets say a $50 obc if desired you could still buy coffee's from the IC and everyone would be happy, and if spent anywhere else onboard it would actually cost Princess significantly less than the $50 obc dollar value because of their profit markups

Could be a Win Win if Princess is listening ..

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, srpilo said:

At this point Princess should just offer OBC for the mini-bar trade-in.. It makes the most sense, with lets say a $50 obc if desired you could still buy coffee's from the IC and everyone would be happy, and if spent anywhere else onboard it would actually cost Princess significantly less than the $50 obc dollar value because of their profit markups

Could be a Win Win if Princess is listening ..

Yep.  2 coffee packages would equal

$73.16.

The cost impact is not the value of the cards under the program, it is what those 30 coffee drinks will now cost.  In my case it would be about $105.  Now by trading it in for 16 soft drinks that would give me roughly $40 dollars back. So the net impact is a loss of $65.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:31 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

This will not bode well for the Japanese when the Diamond Princess starts their run in Japan.  Can you imagine telling the Japanese passengers that they will not be allowed to purchase a coffee card for tea?

Dont they actually get kettles or something in their rooms?

21 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Dont they actually get kettles or something in their rooms?

Missing the point.  I have a Keurig at home.  Why would I want to go through the trouble of brewing my own coffee/tea if I had a coffee card and let someone else do it for me...I'm on a cruise (ha ha).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Senga said:

Since they are doing away with the swap, it's not likely they'll come up with something of equivalent value for a trade.  

They're only doing away with the coffee swap to assumably push us towards more expensive packages, but the mini-bars remain and still have a monetary value for Princess, obc would simplify stocking and the labor of swaping out the individual bar items, and ultimately make elites and those in suites not feel that their previous perks are being eroded as much

• Like 2

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Missing the point.  I have a Keurig at home.  Why would I want to go through the trouble of brewing my own coffee/tea if I had a coffee card and let someone else do it for me...I'm on a cruise (ha ha).

True🙂 BUT you know there are some coffee snobs on here who can do it better.  LOL

• Haha 3

What about those New Ground Coffee Packages purchased and paid before they discontinued the offer? They will still follow the package rules?   Don't think they can just say it is not available now onboard!!!??

13 minutes ago, Cshells said:

What about those New Ground Coffee Packages purchased and paid before they discontinued the offer? They will still follow the package rules?   Don't think they can just say it is not available now onboard!!!??

All they need do is refund the cost as Refundable OBC.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I've never seen these on a ship. Which deck are they on?

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You and I cruise on the step-child ships.  Only the Royal Class ships have them.

Yes…those coffee machines that use ground coffee to make filtered coffee are only in Royal-class buffets and also likely in dining room & room service galleys.

Guess that better tasting free coffee isn’t enough to entice you to join me on a Royal-class ship sometime. 😉

The cost to install these machines is a major factor why Princess won’t provide a better cup of coffee which does not generate any income. On Celebrity the free coffee in the buffet & dining rooms is made from Italy’s Lavazza ground coffee.

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes…those coffee machines that use ground coffee to make filtered coffee are only in Royal-class buffets and also likely in dining room & room service galleys.

Guess that better tasting free coffee isn’t enough to entice you to join me on a Royal-class ship sometime. 😉

You are correct.  I don't see a Royal Class ship in my future.  Although I did see a Crown to Hawaii March 2 for $742/inside.  Was very tempted!  I would have at least a driver in Maui to take me to Guri Guri.  

Good time to add more step-child tantrums.  The Grand Class ships don't have a Concierge's Lounge.  During dry dock, they could have "removed" 2-3 cabins and installed a lounge.  Or...or...or...Princess is really missing the mark with me.  Boo Hoo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are correct.  I don't see a Royal Class ship in my future.  Although I did see a Crown to Hawaii March 2 for $742/inside.  Was very tempted!  I would have at least a driver in Maui to take me to Guri Guri.  

You should have done it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soda Package

All,

Sorry I do not have any news on the coffee package but I do on the soda package.

I thought I would message everyone to say that I have had this finally resolved by princess. They say they have escalated this internally because there has been so much confusion over prices. 

They told me there is a new package called zero alcohol which reading between the lines is what they want to push now and that is $35.39 per person per day (includes non-alcoholic drinks and coffee). I am guessing the soda package will not be available for much longer. 

She told me that the soda package is currently priced at $17.69 and she had quoted me £14.33 pounds sterling based on that.

When I told her the website is currently showing $12.99 plus 18% ($15.32) she said she could not change the price of the soda package available to me but would honour the price on the website for me by giving me the difference back in OBC. 

She told me they were urgently looking into this. So my recommendation is if you want the soda package book it now before they change the price on the website, book it for $17.69 and then ask Princess for the difference between what you paid and the website price back as OBC. 

• Thanks 3