Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Have you heard how the ship will handle the Old  Coffee packages (15+ specialty and unlimited regular coffee) that you have pre purchased for a cruise in Sept.  We have also pre purchased the Classic Soda Package that's approximately $11.79 per day for the Sept cruise.

I haven't heard anything on these items. They ought honor them as purchased but who knows.

5 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thank you that’s a shame. I would buy the coffee card but won’t have enough coffees to justify the zero alcohol package.

Totally agree, we don’t drink enough to warrant the cost of the packages. I’m assuming we can just purchase our speciality coffees at the IC & pay as we go? Such a stupid decision to do away with the ‘coffee card’! I’m beginning to think Princess is ‘loosing the plot’! 

Vicki. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps I could have been clearer, but I was giving a hypothetical example of a guest who does do enough drinking to think they would purchase the Zero Alcohol Package.  But, they should just get the Plus instead as my math showed - and they can have that odd drink from the bar.

I don't buy any sort of package.  I go a la carte and pay both Crew Incentive and MedallionNet separately.  With an Elite Minibar, a starter water package, and my own wine, I have no need for any drink package, so I am like you.

My only point was that the Zero Alcohol beverage package makes no sense to me as the typical guest who might be interested in it may as well just book the Plus Fare option.

I see what you were saying. My math wasn’t mathing last night 😂

• Like 2

Just now, Busy Mum said:

Totally agree, we don’t drink enough to warrant the cost of the packages. I’m assuming we can just purchase our speciality coffees at the IC & pay as we go? Such a stupid decision to do away with the ‘coffee card’! I’m beginning to think Princess is ‘loosing the plot’! 

Vicki. 🙂

That’s what we intend to do. I think they are around $3 per coffee, but I would like to know how much the basic coffee is at IC?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

That’s what we intend to do. I think they are around $3 per coffee, but I would like to know how much the basic coffee is at IC?

IC only has brewed coffee + the specialty ones.

When you say "basic coffee," are you meaning fresh brewed?

6 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Someone doing a live cruise posted this photo from just a few days ago. They also noted that some of the typically available syrups were not on board - supply chain issues? 

Prices were extremely reasonable (even with an additional gratuity).  I will be paying-as-I-go for specialty coffees 

Screenshot_20230301-220115.png

On 3/1/2023 at 10:47 PM, Steelers36 said:

Some????  How about ALL!!!

Here is why.  Let's suppose Guest John Doe thinks no alcohol for his party - I will get the new Zero package for $30 + Grats = $35.39 each.  But, just a sec there - Guest Doe also pays $16/day for Crew Incentive and likes to be connected, so MedallionNet cost is either $15 or $7.50 per day.

Add those up and you get either $66.39 or $58.89, so the $60 Plus is a NO BRAINER in that situation.

No, this is not a good deal at all. On a 16 day cruise X $66 = $1056, this is more than I paid per person for the entire cruise. Gratuities per person are on $256. I would never drink that much!

• Like 1

Just now, SleepyBunny said:

Someone doing a live cruise posted this photo from just a few days ago. They also noted that some of the typically available syrups were not on board - supply chain issues? 

Prices were extremely reasonable (even with an additional gratuity).  I will be paying-as-I-go for specialty coffees 

Screenshot_20230301-220115.png

Thanks this is very useful. I can see brewed coffee is 1.25, I’m guessing this is the same as you can get upstairs at the buffet for free?

23 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks this is very useful. I can see brewed coffee is 1.25, I’m guessing this is the same as you can get upstairs at the buffet for free?

The coffee in the buffet is not brewed coffee but made from a coffee syrup. On the Royal size ships they supposedly have better coffee (not made with syrup) in the buffet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roboref said:

No, this is not a good deal at all. On a 16 day cruise X $66 = $1056, this is more than I paid per person for the entire cruise. Gratuities per person are on $256. I would never drink that much!

It would be 16 x $60 = $960 per person.

• Like 1

Just now, coo359a2 said:

The coffee in the buffet is not brewed coffee but made from a coffee syrup. On the Royal size ships they supposedly have better coffee (not made with syrup) in the buffet

Thanks I never knew that. I don’t know if I can tell the difference actually 🙂

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

Any updated information on Elite mini bar being able to exchange for coffee packages?  We will be boarding the Majestic in a month.  TIA.

We board the Regal Sunday 12th  so hope to have a few answers after we board

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Any updated information on Elite mini bar being able to exchange for coffee packages?  We will be boarding the Majestic in a month.  TIA.

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

We board the Regal Sunday 12th  so hope to have a few answers after we board

Definitive answer from Loyalty and Events Manager on current cruise:

Elites can no longer switch out for coffee package due to the fact that coffee packages have been eliminated entirely and incorporated into the Plus and Premium beverage packages as of February 20, 2023 for all future sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Elites can no longer switch out for coffee package due to the fact that coffee packages have been eliminated entirely and incorporated into the Plus and Premium beverage packages as of February 20, 2023 for all future sailings.

Thanks for the info.  That is one thing we have neve done as it is included in the plus package or we got the old coffee package.  DH will miss the coffee if we are without the plus package..  Know status of coffee cards are  a hot topic for a lot on Cruise Critic.  .  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Which ship are you on?  Are you on there with Helen Waite?

TIA

😳

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks for the info.  That is one thing we have neve done as it is included in the plus package or we got the old coffee package.  DH will miss the coffee if we are without the plus package..  Know status of coffee cards are  a hot topic for a lot on Cruise Critic.  .  

🥵🔥🥵

50 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Which ship are you on?  Are you on there with Helen Waite?

TIA

😳

Funny you should ask - I have run into her already. 🤨  (Crown Princess)

Edited by kamelia
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

It would be 16 x $60 = $960 per person.

That wasn't what his statement was about.  Not talking about Plus cost.  The $66 was a round number for how much the new Zero Alcohol package would be for two people.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That wasn't what his statement was about.  Not talking about Plus cost.  The $66 was a round number for how much the new Zero Alcohol package would be for two people.

It does make the Plus package seem like a great deal.  

• Like 1