Hotel Directors Appointed - or should that be reappointed?

Stickman1990

This is great news - these guys are terrific.  But why are we learning of these announcements from the trade press and not directly from Crystal? Crystal’s communications team ought to be sending these announcements to Crystal Society folks or at a minimum putting the announcements in the PR / Media section of the Crystal web site. I’m one of Crystal’s biggest cheerleaders but the Communications team is a huge disappointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy cruising said:

This is great news - these guys are terrific.  But why are we learning of these announcements from the trade press and not directly from Crystal? Crystal’s communications team ought to be sending these announcements to Crystal Society folks or at a minimum putting the announcements in the PR / Media section of the Crystal web site. I’m one of Crystal’s biggest cheerleaders but the Communications team is a huge disappointment.

I seriously doubt they’ve been hired yet…  Comms is likely one person at this point, and they’re focused more on getting these staged emails out for the reservations opening and press releases than more fluffy CS updates, if I had to guess.  I’m sure emails will ramp up when staffing gets built out, and then we’ll regret what we wished for.  😊 

Vince

2 hours ago, happy cruising said:

I know they just hired a Director for Public Relations so that should help quite a bit.  I suspect that is why there have been very few press releases.  

I think that what we don't see is that they are still in the hiring stages and some departments are quite thin and will be hiring over the coming months.

This can be frustrating for us who are used to things rapidly occurring and I suspect challenging for those who are there who are working in overdrive.

It is a start up company from this perspective but in time will have many seasoned professionals some from the old Crystal and others who are from other companies.  This is what we've seen with the land based hires to date.

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I seriously doubt they’ve been hired yet…  Comms is likely one person at this point, and they’re focused more on getting these staged emails out for the reservations opening and press releases than more fluffy CS updates, if I had to guess.  I’m sure emails will ramp up when staffing gets built out, and then we’ll regret what we wished for.  😊 

Vince

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Haha. And there it is…. 😁. I swear I didn’t hear about Robyn’s hiring before posting that, I just know how this goes.  So now she’ll be hiring out her team from this point as the positions get authorized.

Vince

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Rick Spaths old position comes to mind 😁

I know but is one position a lot.

Now if it is if we are talking about returning crew I will need to say a super duper number of crew but I am sure that would be challenged by.........Well, how about if we just say a boat load of returning people. Now some will say how large is that boat.  Small? Medium? Large? Super Large?  Extra Large?

And is that an unbiased or a biased view????

You can't make this stuff up.

Keith

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I know but is one position a lot.

Now if it is if we are talking about returning crew I will need to say a super duper number of crew but I am sure that would be challenged by.........Well, how about if we just say a boat load of returning people. Now some will say how large is that boat.  Small? Medium? Large? Super Large?  Extra Large?

And is that an unbiased or a biased view????

You can't make this stuff up.

Keith

I'm sure the figure will he many as there are many positions on board a ship.😁

IMHO a lot of changes must be done  - 

obviously mr Anderson is not or was not aware or very unwilling at all what was going wrong on both the ships !

hotel directors : one is close to retirement one is completelly  incompetent for his function 

they are going for the easiest way :us knows us !

what is next : reappoint all the restaurant managers ??? and then all the future cruise sales ???

and then all the singers lecturers and entertainers being there for at least 10  years or more???

so far new Crystal is missing the chance of "new fresh air"  and thinking all the pax will come back just because they like cruise director x  , cruise sales y and resto manager z  and being pampered in the past by headwaiter  a

no single courage to clean up the mess of the past!!😝 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vistaman said:

IMHO a lot of changes must be done  - 

obviously mr Anderson is not or was not aware or very unwilling at all what was going wrong on both the ships !

hotel directors : one is close to retirement one is completelly  incompetent for his function 

they are going for the easiest way :us knows us !

what is next : reappoint all the restaurant managers ??? and then all the future cruise sales ???

and then all the singers lecturers and entertainers being there for at least 10  years or more???

so far new Crystal is missing the chance of "new fresh air"  and thinking all the pax will come back just because they like cruise director x  , cruise sales y and resto manager z  and being pampered in the past by headwaiter  a

no single courage to clean up the mess of the past!!😝 

We shall see what happens.

The biggest thing is that there is so much good competition out there with new ships with venue and restaurant choices.

NC will need something to tempt new guests as many old Crystalisers will not be around or able to keep filling the ships. 

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 4

Josef Matt was a passenger on my Mozart cruise. His house was being renovated so he decided to join friends on our ship. At first - I thought he was an unusual passenger by the way he acted (stayed by himself on excursions, tried to always be in the background). Then I struck up a conversation with him and found out who he was. Later - it was obvious who he was as we docked next to another ship and all the crew who knew him came over and it was like a huge reunion. Super nice guy.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

We shall see what happens.

The biggest thing is that there is so much good competition out there with new ships with venue and restaurant choices.

NC will need something to tempt new guests as many old Crystalisers will not be around or able to keep filling the ships. 

and in my case unwilling to pay the single fares for poor cabins !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

How about a lobster tail where I had to ask for a steak knife and it still required major sawing to cut it (Silver Note on Silver Muse, Dec. 2022)?!?!

My lobster tail in Silver Note on Silver Muse last week was perfect, certainly no steak knife required - in fact we’ve found the food onboard great (without exception) and a good variety of restaurants and styles of dining 

• Like 4

Just goes to show how subjective food tastes and reviews are. We also sailed on SS and Seabourn in the last 7 months and found the food lacking on both compared to OC although we liked Seabourn better than SS and booked another cruise on SB while waiting to compare to NC.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

My lobster tail in Silver Note on Silver Muse last week was perfect, certainly no steak knife required - in fact we’ve found the food onboard great (without exception) and a good variety of restaurants and styles of dining 

Maybe they fired the chef who was on in Dec. Food then was average to awful, although the chef wouldn’t have made a difference considering the quality (or lack thereof) of some of the steaks. 

Patty 

I think in addition to the cruise line, some times there is not only a difference in the kitchen staff, but some ships provisioning can cause a difference in the food quality because the food might arrive at a different time and the vendor might be different as well so there is inconsistent quality. Was the lobster frozen or fresh