EZ Air pricing

behappy11

Hi…the Ez air cost for our flights is currently about $300 over the cost if I purchased direct from the airline. Does anyone know if the price drops to something closer to actual cost? When approximately do price drops happen?  Thank you. 

• Like 1

Usually we find that EZ Air prices are lower for international flights, not necessarily so for domestic flights.  You just need to keep checking.  If you book directly from the airlines, you pay up front and they will not adjust prices if they drop.  

If you book thru EZ Air you can make fare adjustments up until you make final payment on your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, behappy11 said:

Hi…the Ez air cost for our flights is currently about $300 over the cost if I purchased direct from the airline. Does anyone know if the price drops to something closer to actual cost? When approximately do price drops happen?  Thank you. 

I find the prices usually go up on EZair unless you are booking really far ahead.

EZAir is usually better prices International, higher for domestic fares or similar.

1 hour ago, behappy11 said:

Thanks…the difference is from $770 to $410, so I’m just surprised it’s such a wide gap. I’ll keep an eye on it for a bit longer than. Thanks for the help.

That doesn't sound right.  What airline? and is that the price for 2 people?

I delayed reserving flights until I had some post cruise details and missed the airline price increase @ 90 days.  I'm wondering whether you might be at the fare change point based on days until the flight, and one of the sites hasn't updated.

We have often found that EZAIR prices for domestic economy are not as good as we can get by booking direct.  On the other hand, EZAIR sometimes has fantastic fares for international business/first class.  From my perspective it is just a matter of a few minutes of shopping around and than booking the most attractive deal.

Hank

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Have a different air question, all those familiar will the air. Can I upgrade through the airline direct and if yes would it be before or after final payment.

I have found that the airline doesn't want to deal with you until the itinerary is actually ticketed. That will certainly be after final payment. Once payment is made you can request Princess to do early ticketing. When that's done, contact the airline for upgrades.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Have a different air question, all those familiar will the air. Can I upgrade through the airline direct and if yes would it be before or after final payment.

You must be ticketed in the class of service that you purchased from EZAir first.  IF the fare is upgradeable, that would be up to the airline, based on their rules. These are usually deep discounted fares, so you may not be able to upgrade. You’ll just have to check with the airline.

• Like 1

I’ve just booked a flight on EZAir for Boxing Day, 2023 thinking that air travel will be very busy that day. The fare is currently quite high. How and where do I check EZAir on the Princess web site to check if prices actually drop to keep my booked flight and rebook the same flight if prices drop. Do I go to “Manage Flights”, then “Change Flights” or what? Or does it have to be a completely different flight to get a lower fare?

40 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I’ve just booked a flight on EZAir for Boxing Day, 2023 thinking that air travel will be very busy that day. The fare is currently quite high. How and where do I check EZAir on the Princess web site to check if prices actually drop to keep my booked flight and rebook the same flight if prices drop. Do I go to “Manage Flights”, then “Change Flights” or what? Or does it have to be a completely different flight to get a lower fare?

Yes - Change Flights.  You shop your flights and no need to accept and finalize unless price is lower.  Same airline or different - doesn't matter.  Just shop and book if you like the new or old flight and fare.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes - Change Flights.  You shop your flights and no need to accept and finalize unless price is lower.  Same airline or different - doesn't matter.  Just shop and book if you like the new or old flight and fare.

Or without signing in to the personalizer, just select the cruise you are interested in using the path to a new booking. You can check fares there.

(To change, you would have to do it through the Personalizer.)

I assume you are looking at flexible fares on Princess and that you are looking at pricing for the same flights and same class of service when you look at the airline's web site.

Princess does not book passengers into the lowest airline fares that have a number of restrictions such as no carry on luggage and no advance seat selection. So be sure you are looking at the same type ticket.

• Like 2

As a rule.of thumb (for us), we book international flights through EZAir as soon as they are available. We check often and adjust accordingly.

We book our own domestic flights with Alaska Air as others have said, the domestic flights are not competitive.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I have successfully bid on an upgrade with an EZaire ticket after final payment,  but I don't know about changing through the airline. Yes, would have to be after ticketing and I think they'd want the difference between what you paid and the current fare. Let us know if you try this and how it goes.

1 minute ago, cjpj said:

We were able to upgrade an Economy domestic flight to First Class (American Airlines) directly with the airline only after the the flight had been ticketed (after final payment). 

EZ Air only offered Economy seats on this particular flight, but it was a lot lower price than booking directly with the airline.

7 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We were able to upgrade an Economy domestic flight to First Class (American Airlines) directly with the airline only after the the flight had been ticketed (after final payment). 

EZ Air only offered Economy seats on this particular flight, but it was a lot lower price than booking directly with the airline.

How did they determine the price difference for the First Class.ticket?

3 minutes ago, cjpj said:

How did they determine the price difference for the First Class.ticket?

American Airlines charged us $250 pp for the upgrade (which we used points).  When we combined the original Economy booking thru EZ Air and the $250 upgrade, we came out way ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

I have successfully bid on an upgrade with an EZaire ticket after final payment,  but I don't know about changing through the airline. Yes, would have to be after ticketing and I think they'd want the difference between what you paid and the current fare. Let us know if you try this and how it goes.

Thanks was wondering if after final payment if available I could get first class and just pay the difference as a surprise for my husband. It's a nine hour flight to Venice from JFK.

1 hour ago, CeCe_ said:

We book all our flights through EZAir because we like having it added to the cruise to be paid at final payment.  That's the only reason we use EZAir.

We've used it for the same reason.  Also like the security of not being on the hook for airfare if for some reason Princess cancels the cruise, being able to re-book if prices fall, and that our trip insurance covers airfare as well.  

For our upcoming international flights our EZAir fares are much less than we could book on our own.  

• Like 4