Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

OS on Odyssey was to die for

We have an aft JS the week after Oasis. Looking forward to trying that

I still am a bit perplexed by how much I liked Odyssey considering I had little interest in Q class ships. Even with some quirky design issues I just have really good feeling toward that ship. Now, if they would only bring Mamma Mia aboard...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently on Jewel, I don’t know who seems to be grumbling about the new once a day service the most, cabin stewards or passengers.  

We were asked the first day to choose either evening or morning for our service. We chose evening which meant we had none the first evening which was fine.   2nd day, we were getting ready to go out for the evening. 6 pm, our steward knocked on the door to ask if we wanted our cabin service or not?  She did not seem happy with us.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Currently on Jewel, I don’t know who seems to be grumbling about the new once a day service the most, cabin stewards or passengers.  

We were asked the first day to choose either evening or morning for our service. We chose evening which meant we had none the first evening which was fine.   2nd day, we were getting ready to go out for the evening. 6 pm, our steward knocked on the door to ask if we wanted our cabin service or not?  She did not seem happy with us.😂

Sherri🙂

what was your response to her inquiry?

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

what was your response to her inquiry?

I said we would be leaving as soon as  my husband got his shoes on😂 and she could come in then.😂

This morning I over heard another steward telling his guests cleaning hours were between 830 to 1230 and 4 to 6, so explains why she seemed unhappy.  She did not give us any hours for cleaning. 

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

I said we would be leaving as soon as  my husband got his shoes on😂 and she could come in then.😂

This morning I over heard another steward telling his guests cleaning hours were between 830 to 1230 and 4 to 6, so explains why she seemed unhappy.  She did not give us any hours for cleaning. 

Sherri🙂

Was there any announcement in cabin as to the hours.  

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Was there any announcement in cabin as to the hours.  

Nope, have not seen anything, anywhere.  Only heard the steward giving that info to his guests. Also, this is the first cruise in a long time where our steward did not leave a card with her name and number in case we needed anything.

Sherri🙂

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

This is the main problem.  If you decided to stay in that night, no cleaning for 48 hours!!!!!.  plus they are so overworked, they are less flexible and happy.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The suite life must be wonderful.

Ironically, the one cruise we would most have liked a suite...is the longest one and can't have it.  

By the time we were able to book 1/2 of the world cruise, which was originally two legs of the four legs,  (after the whole 274 pax cruisers had their pick and choose) we could not (and still can't) book anything over a regular balcony cabin.  

Otherwise...yes, we book a JS as a minimum with a lot of GS, OS, and rare CLS cabins tossed in.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still am a bit perplexed by how much I liked Odyssey considering I had little interest in Q class ships. Even with some quirky design issues I just have really good feeling toward that ship. Now, if they would only bring Mamma Mia aboard...

Allure had been cancelled on us three times.  Drats...the one Broadway show I really wanted to see.  😞 

Just now, island lady said:

Allure had been cancelled on us three times.  Drats...the one Broadway show I really wanted to see.  😞 

That would disappoint me more than having the Aqua Theater show cancelled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Did not affect us, being in a JS....but would have chosen evening.   We really don't need the morning service.  And we always suggest no service on TAD...but they still seem to come in any way.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Did not affect us, being in a JS....but would have chosen evening.   We really don't need the morning service.  And we always suggest no service on TAD...but they still seem to come in any way.  

I think I'd prefer morning service. I am out of the cabin early. Late afternoon I like to go back and get cleaned up for the evening then sit on the balcony for a bit with a drink. At least now I won't have to worry about getting out so that the steward can get in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ah, gotcha now.

First two times...Covid related.  Third time, Wonder replaced Allure for the last of the Med cruises and then staying on for the west bound TA.  Though we once again missed seeing Momma Mia...the change of ship keeping the GS cabin for 4 weeks at no additional cost....definitely did not break my heart.  😉 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

If everyone would stop all their gratuities - it will hit Royal quite bad and they will think about further cuts.

Unlike some folks believes Royal depends on passengers to do the tipping game to keep Royals out of pocket spending for wages low!

I have a better idea.  Yes stop the automatic gratuities and tip the cabin steward and wait staff directly like we used to do in the “good old days”. It will send a message to Royal and still help the worker at the same time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think I'd prefer morning service. I am out of the cabin early. Late afternoon I like to go back and get cleaned up for the evening then sit on the balcony for a bit with a drink. At least now I won't have to worry about getting out so that the steward can get in.

We will also request the morning service along with a few additional requests. We are early risers and we always eat our breakfast in the MDR. Hopefully RC will discontinue this limited service, soon. 🤬Totally disagree with anyone suggesting twice a day service should be based on cabin category or CAS tier level. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Is it just me, but 4-6pm is afternoon in my world, not evening!

• Like 7

Currently on Wonder, we have 4 people in our cabin (2 adults, 2 kids).  I assumed with paying double the gratuities than a reg double occupancy cabin, we could get the kids bed put away in the morning and made up in the evening, but nope.  Informed by my attendant that he’ll do one or the other and we will have to do one.  He did offer to show us how though 😜.  OK then….I guess it’s really not a big deal, but with cruise fares and gratuities, we are paying a pretty penny for this vacation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3