Printing airline boarding pass

jamesnnb

As Elite, we use to use the free minutes on board only to print out our boarding pass prior to disembarking. Since it is no longer a perk for us, can we ask at the Purser’s desk to print it out for us without purchasing an internet package and/or if we are on the ship shuttle to the airport might that be a part of that package/service?

21 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

As Elite, we use to use the free minutes on board only to print out our boarding pass prior to disembarking. Since it is no longer a perk for us, can we ask at the Purser’s desk to print it out for us without purchasing an internet package and/or if we are on the ship shuttle to the airport might that be a part of that package/service?

It’s not part of the transfer fee, but you certainly can ask the GS or go to the Internet Cafe, they may do it for you.

Unless you are at Ft Lauderdale and have purchased EZ check, they will print your BP’s.

You don’t really need a print copy.  If you have bags to check at the airport, use the kiosk bag check and print the BP at the same time….  If you want paper BP.

Otherwise, use your BP on your phone if you checkin online at the airport using wifi or 

if you have a cellular service on your phone.

• Like 1

Instead of taking all the free minutes away it would have been nicer if they maybe had reduced them. Even 90 minutes would give enough time to do short email checking , check in airlines etc. .No one asked us! 

Interesting ....never thought of asking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why folks print out boarding passes at home anymore.  If you are checking luggage when you get to the airport you can get paper boarding passes from the kiosk.  And if not checking luggage, you can still get the boarding pass from the kiosk.  I use the airline app (Alaska, Delta) to hold my boarding passes, and put them in the wallet on my phone for quick reference.  I can't remember the last time I used a paper boarding pass when flying.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jeromep said:

I'm not sure why folks print out boarding passes at home anymore.  If you are checking luggage when you get to the airport you can get paper boarding passes from the kiosk.  And if not checking luggage, you can still get the boarding pass from the kiosk.  I use the airline app (Alaska, Delta) to hold my boarding passes, and put them in the wallet on my phone for quick reference.  I can't remember the last time I used a paper boarding pass when flying.

Ditto!

• Like 1

We just flew recently on several flight segments and it seemed that every single person boarding used their phone to scan the boarding pass upon entering the plane.  Honestly just download your airlines app and use the boarding pass on there (you can take a screen shot if you don't want to keep the app open) or get a paper copy at the airport when you check in.  

Having the app is super handy too if you have gate or flight changes.  Getting that notification instantly is priceless when time is of the essence.  

• Like 2

Southwest still "requires" you to remotely check in 24 hours prior to get your boarding number/cattle call tag.

Air Canada gives away (free/no purchase) seats 24 hours prior to flight.

Some of us (me) like to check in 24 hours in advance.  I always do...but then again, I always buy at least a one device package.  I can't live disconnected.  Kudos to those that have so much will power. 

Make a friend on your cruise.  Buy them a drink and then "borrow" their phone or wifi to check in.  My daughter stopped printing boarding passes decades ago.  I'm slowly moving in that direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Fly first class, the airline prints the passes for you. (If you ask)

All airlines will print the pass for you.  You just have to stand in line.  First class/loyalty lines are a bit shorter.  

Depending on the airport, sometime porters can print them too.

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All airlines will print the pass for you.  You just have to stand in line.  First class/loyalty lines are a bit shorter.  

Depending on the airport, sometime porters can print them too.

Yep. Or just use the kiosk at the airport. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Instead of taking all the free minutes away it would have been nicer if they maybe had reduced them. Even 90 minutes would give enough time to do short email checking , check in airlines etc. .No one asked us! 

Interesting ....never thought of asking 

Agree about taking away “free “internet/ WiFi minutes,but Platinum and Elite do get a discount. They don’t use minutes any longer so  Princess cant offer a 90 minute package. 

Perhaps you can still get a “package “ for 1 day if you want internet??

19 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

As Elite -free internet is not a perk for a little while now,but you can get 1 device plan and get a discount. 2+ people can use the internet,but just not at the same time. 1 person can use the internet on one device at a time and switch i.e. between iPad and I phone. So there are options out there.

Well it would be great to know your answer about going to Guest services, but wouldn’t that require guest services to actually log into a computer with your confirmation number, check you in ,and then print your boarding pass? Or you just want the boarding pass printed out? I would think one would inquire at the Internet desk when it’s “manned “

I just can’t imagine guest services/ pursers doing this for passengers ,they’re busy enough at that desk trying to solve other problems ,but I could be totally wrong. Hopefully someone answers you with firsthand knowledge. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Agree about taking away “free “internet/ WiFi minutes,but Platinum and Elite do get a discount. They don’t use minutes any longer so  Princess cant offer a 90 minute package. 

Perhaps you can still get a “package “ for 1 day if you want internet??

We only use one device at a time anyways. It was just a nice perk to have shou!d  you need or want internet. Do I need it for airlines..no, we stay a day after to avoid the last minute snafus of ships not coming in on time or airline issues. I check in from the hotel.  I would occasionally check email on the cruise. All total on a 7 day cruise my total minutes might come to 45 minutes if I answer emails. So, free was good perk. 

Nothing lasts forever.

@jinpasco

Totally agree about the “free “Internet minutes on Princess in the past. I remember the first time my husband became platinum (we were not on the same level of cruising with Princess)  and the Internet was down pretty much the whole cruise he was so looking forward to doing stuff on the Internet while cruising , but it just didn’t happen. And guest services and or the Internet manager would not do anything to compensate because they were free so ....

Even if you buy a package or Internet while cruising no guarantees that it will work either as I’ve come to understand. But yes free while it lasted was good 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 1:56 PM, jeromep said:

Totally follow what you are saying and I actually do have the app and use the app boarding pass — but was once behind some who didn’t know how to open their app and the check in person had to take their device and handle it taking extra time getting onboard. Agent asked first asked if they had a printed boarding pass (they didn’t) and she also told them that should they run out of battery power, they wouldn’t be able to open the app anyway. She said, to them, if you can print out one it will save time should the app not work for whatever reason. Seemed like good advice to me. Like you say, you haven’t needed/wanted to use a paper one but there could come a time for you or, worse, the person in front of you lol. Printing at the airport would take extra time which you may not have and printing onboard seems quick, easy and gives comfort. Princess GS will assist, I’m told.